IKEA Home for $86,500

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by yomegaaa

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter
Yes, this is all you need...

hex_key.jpg

roll.gif

Seriously...do these houses conform to existing building standards? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man I done had so much IKEA stuff , he ain't lying
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ Word. IKEA is a unique take on furniture for young people who want relatively cheap, good-looking stuff. The only thing a little weird about it is how they make you navigate through a maze of stuff (obviously to get you to look at everything), but it works. I've gotten a lot of good stuff there.

Sounds actually kinda dope if you're single. I have no problem with ikea. Yeah it's particle board not premium wood, but unless you're a ******ed man child, it holds up for your needs.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

and that is why i stick to ikea, yeha its cheap, but im also not looking at furniture as an investment, im not gonna spend 5k on a bedroom set, ill grow tired of in 3 years...i rather spend 1000$ on multiple dressers, accesories and a bed and be done with it and move on to something new after some time....ikea is perfect for that, my entire bedroom is ikea, everything is holding up just fine and i just recently built my closet from scratch using their system, now that was a risky move on my part being that the closet i just cant swap out that easy, but im hoping this thing holds up, im loving my new wardrobes, give my room a whole new more modern feel.....for its cost, ikea stuff is nice and it looks great and modern.
real life...
gotta agree with this dude this one time that he actually makes sense
laugh.gif

my room is fresh and its all from ikea. ive never had any thing break or nothing... (only thing not from ikea is my bed because i thought that was something worth spending guap on)...

im not trying to have stuff all my  life in my room... time changes, style changes... dont want a dresser from 2010 in 2030 feel mee...

Originally Posted by breezylocks

and that is why i stick to ikea, yeha its cheap, but im also not looking at furniture as an investment, im not gonna spend 5k on a bedroom set, ill grow tired of in 3 years...i rather spend 1000$ on multiple dressers, accesories and a bed and be done with it and move on to something new after some time....ikea is perfect for that, my entire bedroom is ikea, everything is holding up just fine and i just recently built my closet from scratch using their system, now that was a risky move on my part being that the closet i just cant swap out that easy, but im hoping this thing holds up, im loving my new wardrobes, give my room a whole new more modern feel.....for its cost, ikea stuff is nice and it looks great and modern.
real life...
laugh.gif

my room is fresh and its all from ikea. ive never had any thing break or nothing... (only thing not from ikea is my bed because i thought that was something worth spending guap on)...

im not trying to have stuff all my  life in my room... time changes, style changes... dont want a dresser from 2010 in 2030 feel mee...
301790_2032094761037_1204179696_3646199_4273506_n.jpg

roll.gif

The 745 sq. ft., 1BR/1BA? + the land + maintenance ....the life expectancy on this house isn't listed anywhere. Although my house is FULLY furnished with Ikea products, I wouldn't buy the house without knowing if it can even be INSURED...even then for that price you can buy a one bedroom apartment in a south-west Manhattan neighborhood.

real life...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
can't be serious with the Foamzzzzzzzz, LCD with that dresser...
I'm expectin to see this

1.jpg

or this

AAAACyGzyJ4AAAAAADaAlg.jpg

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Lmao at that old slave dresser.
laugh.gif

Ikea Malm bed crumbled during sex which led to a break up cause I tried to fix it on the spot, naked which wasn't a pretty sight I take it.

Ikea Pax closet system crumbled upon lifting it up of its side. Twice!

Ikea Hemnes dressers....GREATEST THINGS EVER. No warping or sagging of the bottom part of the drawers. Moved the dressers around a few times and still standing.

Ikea Mongstad mirror= PANTY DROPPER!!!

They have SOME good stuff but for the most part...gar-baj

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Ikea Malm bed crumbled during sex which led to a break up cause I tried to fix it on the spot, naked which wasn't a pretty sight I take it.

roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
caught me off guard
i've broken an ikea bed and dresser.  and i've bought things that were missing screws in the past.  ikea's awesome for little things and accessories.  those cube bookshelves are a staple for me.  but for your main pieces go for something better.

i doubt that house could make it through heavy rain

http://www.unitedcountry....-12500&AU=N&FT=P

Another joint in beautiful Colorado.

Located in an area of new homes with surrounding mountain views. Community water system, power and phone in the County maintained roads,with school bus pickup. Grassy Meadow and Pinon pine trees. It has an open meadow along the road and lots of trees towards the back of the property. It has Greenbelt area behind it for additional open space.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

The Clayton iHouse is better.

http://claytonihouse.com/ihousePhotoGallery.cfm

It's kinda fun building your own...I went with a "fully loaded" 4 bedroom, 2 bath, with rooftop deck, for 200K 
pimp.gif

this is pretty dope.
So, how exactly do you go about getting one of these homes? Do you have to buy a plot of land?

Yea you gotta have land, and then they ship the unit to you and then I believe they put it together according to your specifications.

Not reading the thread, but Sears had kit houses up until the early '40s. They still stand to this day, but you have to know what to look for. It's kind of crazy.

real life...
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Too much "real life"

Too%2BMuch%2B-%2BReal%2BLife.jpg

86k for the house and about another 20k for delivery

and that would of been a dope lil 1st time bachelors pad if you didn't have to go through the bedroom to use the bathroom

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Not reading the thread, but Sears had kit houses up until the early '40s. They still stand to this day, but you have to know what to look for. It's kind of crazy.
True. I forgot about this. I seen it on CNBC Biography. 

I don't know that I'd trust it but even if the quality is good, a 1 bedroom house would be an awful investment. Obviously value is going to vary depending upon your market but the cost of land will as well. In my area, buildable land is at least $150k...for not even a great piece of land. You put that house on it and you're losing. Good luck selling it in the future, there'd only be a really small market for a 1 bedroom house aside from co-op or condo buyers that would be open to it

Back
Top Bottom