I'm 24 Years Old and I Think I'm Gonna Get Back Into the Shoe Game

Im 27 and out of my 100 or so pairs, i reckon i have a got 20 pairs of shoes just sitting in boxes unworn. I have things like Tiffs, bronco samples, SBTG's, Laser 2k4's, OG Question 1's and so on that have hardly ever been out of their boxes. I should really sell them and put the money towards something sensible but i cant seem to bring myself to do it.

Priorities have change now though.Before i used to see a pair i liked or waited on a new release and bought it without even thinking. Now, most of the time i think to myself do i really want to spend this money on yet another pair of J's or Dunks or AM's or whatever, when i need to fill up the car or something. Money is also a lot tighter now than it used to be, both due to economic reasons and more important things in life.

Priorities do change in life. I'll be 29 in a few months, and I'm phasing myself out of buying so many shoes that I probably take for granted due to the fact I don't always wear them all...

I'm just reaching a time in life, when settling down with a family seems to be more exciting and interesting to me than the latest pair of Jordans on the market...or any other Nike or Nike retro shoe....I've got almost 100 pairs I would imagine and I surely won't need all of them as time goes on...but for now, I'm alright with it..

i almost got back into the "game" recently with all these prices dropping but i'm glad i didn't...in the end of the day still a waste of money and especially nowadays you can't even consider it an investment (not that you should in the first place anyway)

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

formalities are so corny though man....I will simply love sneakers and wear sneakers until I die....there is no leaving and coming back to the game
1233928590_citizen-kane-clapping.gif

good for you....if you want all 200+ pairs of mine 11-13, I will hook you up..........lol

Haven't purchased a pair of sneakers in 2+ years, and to be honest, I am very proud of myself.

That said, I'm currently fighting a serious case of temptation and desire--word to the Air Max Lebron VII "Akron" edition...

nike-air-max-lebron-7-pe-university-of-akron-1-01.jpg

nike-air-max-lebron-7-pe-university-of-akron-1-03.jpg

nike-air-max-lebron-7-pe-university-of-akron-1-05.jpg

Such a simple yet beautiful colorway--damn you Nike...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

lol.. to me its funny that only a few clicks away @ the sneaker showcase forum, they have a completely different take on these things

im actually leaving the shoe game im just not that into shoes like i was before

Originally Posted by rudy

im actually leaving the shoe game im just not that into shoes like i was before

I'm the same way, i don't know if its just the fact that i have other priorities like a car payment, mortgage and house to take care of.  Or there becoming more and more expensive, i was looking at old eastbay magazines that were posted, and the average retail for Jordan's have almost doubled. i made the switch to more dress/casual shoes and i've found new happiness

I'm 28 and I'm thinking about leaving about to get married start a family I don't wanna choose between a pair of kobes and my kids well being lol or rent besides everything is going to be retroed anyway

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Haven't purchased a pair of sneakers in 2+ years, and to be honest, I am very proud of myself.

That said, I'm currently fighting a serious case of temptation and desire--word to the Air Max Lebron VII "Akron" edition...

nike-air-max-lebron-7-pe-university-of-akron-1-01.jpg

nike-air-max-lebron-7-pe-university-of-akron-1-03.jpg

nike-air-max-lebron-7-pe-university-of-akron-1-05.jpg

Such a simple yet beautiful colorway--damn you Nike...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

God, these are so beautiful.......

devil.gif

Like many of you have said it's a nostalgic thing.
I simply love sneakers, it's not something I got into just to be cool. I never bought shoes with the intention of impressing anyone.

I've slowed  quite a bit but when there's a shoe I really want I'll buy it.

Back
Top Bottom