I'm a Stand Up Comedian. Video Inside.. Feedback Please. Check it Out

i agree it was good
only thing i would say change is for you be loosen up a little you seemed kinda surprised that you actually are doing comedy. im no comedian but i know if you can become apart of the audience while your on stage giving your show you are will win the crowd over.
good luck with it bro

Good job sir.

Good:
-You seem comfortable on stage
-You didn't come across as corny or fake (like Aziz, Gary Owen, Bob Saget)
-Original style

Needs work:
-Punchlines need to be better, the delivery/set-up wasn't there
-Like someone else said, topical humor doesn't stand the test of time...and it's not really funny in the first place. Not to mention any joke you can possibly think of regarding the latest topic has probably already been told on Twitter a million times.

From listening to Patrice Oneal (RIP), Dane Cook, Robert Kelly, & Jim Norton on O&A show for years, they used to talk about if your a comic always making sure your material and set is "you" and you are quite righteous with your sets.

If thats you and youre personality, run with it. The crowd can feel a phony a lot more than people think.
You dont have to be an animated character to hold crowds.

I didn't laugh but it had nothing to do with your delivery or execution. You seemed very comfortable and built up a connection with the crowd. I just didn't care for the material.

I did chuckle when you called your friend a weak minded +!%%+
laugh.gif
That seemed to come out of nowhere.

Definitely keep working at this. You have potential.

I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was funny. Keep practicing, and keep us updated!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I always thought I would be a high energy comic, but I enjoy this low energy vibe a lot. One thing I definitely want to work on is not being so stiff. One poster asked me how's the money in comedy... It can be good but I haven't even finished my first year of doing comedy so the money is non existent, but I was laid off so I got a nice package and unemployment so I'm not that desperate to make cash. This set was done for an audition for a festival to be held in NYC in September so I was extra tense.... But I love doing comedy and I wouldn't trade it for the world

That was good.  Got a good chuckle out of it.  You was letting the crowd throw you off a little and looking for there approval too much.  Just do your thing.  The stripper/black dont crack threw me a little and you should've went into detail about that some more.  All in all it was good.  Keep it up.

I recall the last vid as well...I think the older one was funnier
Still, not bad man...keep at it

Good job! Maybe slow down a bit with the delivery. Let them soak it up.

Honestly, I can't imagine a harder job than being a standup comedian. First of all, everyone is skeptical when you walk on stage. No one is anticipating laughing at a new comedian. Then you are out there basically telling everyone what you find funny. That's terrifying. You run the risk of being heckled off stage, or even worse.....silence.

it was great man keep it up, loosen up but that goes with confidence, your right hand was stiff like a statue

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

i'd pay to watch you do that in front of me 
wink.gif

I wouldnt.
I was entertained. Didnt laugh though.

keep diong your thang though. You got potential. 

Back
Top Bottom