I'm from CA. I will be visiting NY.

Halal carts.. and don't be one of those $+#@#$* tourists who can't stop looking up at the skyscrapers long enough to know where their going lol

Go to da heightz and visit the tourist attraction known as Ninjahood room then bag a dominican chick from da heightz at da casa de mofongo.

I'm form L.A. and I truly enjoy NYC! I'm actually going back in a couple of weeks. Can't wait! Enjoy the city for what it is and has to offer. Don't go there trying to compare it to L.A. it's a totally different city.

Places : Times Square, Central Park, Highline, Museums(MoMA, MET, Guggenheim, Museum of Sex) Piers along the west side highway, Dumbo(Brooklyn Bridge Park), SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy, You can kyak for free around the piers

Food: Shake Shack, Halal Cart(53rd&6), Pizza (Artichoke, Lombardis, Grimaldis, Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory

There's a lot more just depends on what you like, budget, time etc

Wife and i did nyc for memorial day weekend. My first time. Yes, everyone is in a rush. I watched an old dude cuss out an mta cop about waiting 2 minutes for one of the trains. He stormed off and literally 45 seconds later the train came. We stayed at the aloft in harlem. I seriously loved harlem. Also, we really enjoyed the boat tour if you have time for it.

My main observation (and complaint) was that i was always on high alert. I think it had to do with a constant police presence EVERYWHERE. I didnt know nyc had it bad like that! I know it was a holiday weekend, and goons are always around, but nyc really got 9 different type of cops. Cameras everywhere. And they have a law where cops can frisk you for no reason. Smh. Regardless, i loved it. Food was definitely overrated, esp if you from Cali.

make sure you get on of those gyros from the arabian guys, they make them so good man. me and my friend ate there almos every night

Good places to get NYC's finest cheeba?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

Me and the misses will be there in two weeks until the 5th. Already have a bunch of things lined up. Weather suppose to be blazing right?
What are some of the things you guys have planned? Any insight on certain spots, heads up, ideas, etc?

Just buy this www.newyorkpass.com and try to knock off as much stuff on it as possible. If you are going with your girl, go to the Sex Musuem and spend time in the video room on that couch where they have those nasty instructional videos going. I still never got a chance to go to Sylvia's or Amy Ruth's the last 2 times I went. I did the Madison Square Garden tour and the NBC Studio tour (both part of the pass above) because my friend wanted to. They were kind of boring IMO. Cabs wouldn't pick us up at 4pm on a Sunday though. A few even stopped, then I said Bronx Zoo, and they said something in their native tongue and sped off. IDK. You can get a cheap hotel in the L.I.C part of Queens using Priceline.com name your own price. I paid like $42 a night on Labor Day Weekend too for the Fairfield Inn. Or use airbnb.com and rent out someone's spot.

NT loves to say NY and LA are overrated . . . if you aint having a good time in these two places its you

Back
Top Bottom