I'm gonna go postal....who invented the widescreen format?

mad.gif

If I have to watch another movie were only half of my screen is used I'm going to lose it. I paid good money for my big screen and I want everybit of itused not just half of it. Who the hell is responsible for this and what's the reasoning? When ever we rent a movie My wife and kids sit in panic when weput the disc in to see if I'm going to lose it.
laugh.gif

This is the reason why I left Netflix, everything the sent was in this stupid widescreen format.

Give me back my fullscreen!

you do know that you see the world through your eyes in widescreen right?
16x9 >>>> 4x3. Widescreen allows the entire picture to be visible. If you have a problem with letterboxing, get movies in the 1.78:1 aspect ratioonly.

when i had a 4:3 square tv, i understood your pain.

but now that i have a widescreen tv, its all good.

watching widescreen movies on 4:3 tvs = ftl

u need a widescreen tv. they need to hurry up and make all cable channels hd widescreen cause im tired of those grey boxes on the side.
sick.gif

i used to hate widescreen, but when i learned that they cut out the sides (as shown above) my opinion changed.

Pan & Scan is horrible. I use to hate watching movies and seeing that extra movement just to capture the focus because the television is in the 4:3 ratio.

Yeah...I Took a Films class in highschool...and you can see more with the wide screen feature...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

You'll still not get me to like it Dirty I don't care what you show.
laugh.gif

Damn, I've�turned into my dad when I made fun of his 8-track player.
frown.gif

��

movies have always been filmed in widescreen, its just that theyve always been edited to fit 4:3, from what ive seen, a lot of todays fullscreen dvds areactually out of proportion - something that drives me crazy, tv shows are a different story, until recently most tv shows were shot in 4:3 but most big showsare now shot in widescreen

who invented the format for tvs? i dont know but im guessing its someone who wanted to do us all a huge favor an allow us to watch widescreen movies onwidescreen tvs isntead of seeing a widescreen movie shrunken down on a tube tv

Originally Posted by SinnerP

WS definately >>>

Dirty's vid settles it...

- the sad part is its 2008. i thought the whole WS v. FS was settled years ago. i cant believe there are people out there that still think they're missingpart of the picture with black bars on a widescreen movie
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom