I'm headin' down to SoCal, and I need your help!

So me and some friends were going to do a roadtrip from the bay area all the way down to San Diego. Trouble is, I'm having a difficult idea on where tospend my time. The only spots we will indefinitely go to are Six Flags Magic mountain, Disneyland, and the SD Zoo? We're starting the trip on a monday inJune, and trying to get back by friday to the Bay Area.Here is a list of things I'm unsure about:
-Should I start off bright and early, get to Magic Mountain and after a day there, drive down to LA to finally check in?
-Since we have 4 nights and 4 days, with 2 being devoted to MM and DL, what should I do on the last day while in Socal? I know the Zoo takes up one day, buthow about the one available day? Go to LA to spend it or stay in SD? And what spots should I hit up?
-One of my friends wants to hit up Santa Monica (UNDFTD) but I have no idea where to fit this into the schedule, I dont even know where SM exactly is....anysuggestions on where to place this in my trip?

Thanks in advance "bros" it would be really "chill" if you could help a "baydestrian" out
tongue.gif

go on google maps to figure out how to drive the least and make the most of your time so you know where everything is. definitely hit up SM

WOW, that's HELLA driving in four days!! i wouldn't even wanna think about going to SD if you only had 4 days (including travel time)..

anyway, personally, i would ...

Day 1: spend day one driving down to Valencia (Magic Mountain)...chill out at a hotel over night.
Day 2: spend a day at Magic...crash back at the hotel, check out the following morning...
Day 3: drive down to Disneyland...spend the day there...check in to an OC hotel...
Day 4: swing by SM on your way back up to Norcal.

why not skip SM altogether and just drive to long beach on the way down to SD? that way you can go to proper,seams,black market, and seams clothing.

how long is the drive from the bay to six flags?

anyways, i figure youre schedule can look something like this.

i say leave sunday late night/early monday morning. so then you have a full monday to spend out here. so..

monday: spend in oc area and enjoy the day in disneyland. grab a hotel and spend the night. you will be tired.
tuesday: head out to sd, drive is 2 hours max. imo, spending a whole day at the zoo isnt really worth it. a good 6-7 hours at the zoo is good enough. head outto downtown sd and check out the dope sd spots: blends, commisary, 5&D, armory. then after shopping kick it at the zoo. you can cihll in sd or head backdepending and you but the drive isnt too bad (i used to make it every weekend)
wednesday: head back to LA area and check out the shoe spots/famous places. seriously, spending a day in la is well worth it if you can really check out allthe la shoe spots and all the other famous area.
thursday: Six Flags
friday: home

thats how i would do it, or something like that. but with me and my friends we developed a good driving schedule where everyone gets a good amount of sleepwithout cutting back on distance.

well in SD the harbor is cool, and like iamxtian said downtown rocks!!, and you might want to check out the San Diego Convention Center, there are always aton of events there. Good Luck on the adventure. I would say for you to come to Mexico but its NOT better than SD, rosarito comes close on the weekends butyou´ll be back on your way by then

Yo, 4 days is not enough for your trip. Like another guy said, 4 days is enough just for LA. I suggest you make it 6 days, or just do San Diego another time.

how long is the drive from the bay to six flags?
You could make that drive in 4 hours if you drive 90 mph.

Well I drove from Tarzana to Dublin (bay area) in 4 hours and 25 minutes when I went to the Jay concert 2 weeks ago. And Valencia is like 30 minutes closerthan Tarzana.

I think you guys are right, I might have to eliminate SD from my schedule. I don't know, I might eliminate 6 flags though...maybe. Thanks for all thereplies so far though, they've been really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom