I'm trying to quit smoking. Vol Day 1

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Buggz make some new friends that don't smoke, seriously.
Or have you thought about asking them to try to make a pact to quit with you?
laugh.gif

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now"

i stole that from an nter
laugh.gif

right now you want a cig... but what do you want down the line? focus on that light at the end of the tunnel

Tell your friends to try not to smoke around you for a while and not even carry cigarettes or smell like smoke. I know that the large majority of my friendssmoke and if any of them asked me to/I asked them to they/I would be happy to for a friends' best interest.

I've heard that after the third day all of the nicotine is out of your system so yeah stay strong for one more day and you should be good in terms ofbeating the nicotine addiction. As for breaking the habit of smoking, the way you hold a cigarette, playing with fire, all of that fun stuff, I personallythink that's the hardest part.

It's really funny that this post should go up today because today is my third day quitting smoking as well. Words of encouragement: if I can do it so canyou.

Originally Posted by kick master skiz

I've heard that after the third day all of the nicotine is out of your system so yeah stay strong for one more day and you should be good in terms of beating the nicotine addiction. As for breaking the habit of smoking, the way you hold a cigarette, playing with fire, all of that fun stuff, I personally think that's the hardest part.

It's really funny that this post should go up today because today is my third day quitting smoking as well. Words of encouragement: if I can do it so can you.
Right on. Edit: oops...bad emoticon for the topic.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by kick master skiz

I've heard that after the third day all of the nicotine is out of your system so yeah stay strong for one more day and you should be good in terms of beating the nicotine addiction. As for breaking the habit of smoking, the way you hold a cigarette, playing with fire, all of that fun stuff, I personally think that's the hardest part.

It's really funny that this post should go up today because today is my third day quitting smoking as well. Words of encouragement: if I can do it so can you.
Right on. Edit: oops...bad emoticon for the topic.
roll.gif
I was just about to say I don't think you should beusing that emotion.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
So I just text a friend asking if he would be down toquit with me. His response:

"Don't do it. I won't let you."

smh.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

laugh.gif
So I just text a friend asking if he would be down to quit with me. His response:

"Don't do it. I won't let you."

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Time for some new friends.

Actually, I've been curious for a while now but I figure this thread is as good as any to ask this question...

How much does one have to smoke in order to be "addicted"? I've smoked a couple cigarettes when I've drank but I've never smoked whensober. Like, one night, if I'm at a party, I'll smoke like five cigs that night but I won't have any of these "cravings" regular usershave the next day. Is it because I smoke so infrequently that the nicotine's addictive properties are minimal in me?

Originally Posted by yungchamp

i cant quit smoking wine blacks for nothing
smh.gif
smh.gif
I used to blaze up all the time with myhomies in VA
but now that I'm in TX I lost the motivation or peer pressure and I have 4 just chillin' in my shoe box
It has been 5 months since then
happy.gif

"Damn I miss my dogs..."
frown.gif

You're going to mess up.

laugh.gif
j/k seriously I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying dumb hard to quit. Sometimes I feel like ripping my %!!@#+! hair out because I want one sobad. The weekends/drinking is what #!#@@ me up.

Originally Posted by Proshares

You're going to mess up.

laugh.gif
j/k seriously I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying dumb hard to quit. Sometimes I feel like ripping my %!!@#+! hair out because I want one so bad. The weekends/drinking is what #!#@@ me up.
I know I feel like I'm going to have to stay in my room all weekend to get through this.

How long have you been quitting? How far are you?

I have faith in you, do something to take your mind off of it.

I should quit too though.
smh.gif
Props.

Originally Posted by DL2352

Actually, I've been curious for a while now but I figure this thread is as good as any to ask this question...

How much does one have to smoke in order to be "addicted"? I've smoked a couple cigarettes when I've drank but I've never smoked when sober. Like, one night, if I'm at a party, I'll smoke like five cigs that night but I won't have any of these "cravings" regular users have the next day. Is it because I smoke so infrequently that the nicotine's addictive properties are minimal in me?
It's not like cocaine, man (which I haven't done, for the record). It takes smoking for probably over a week or two regularly beforeyou'll become addicted. When I go out and I'm drinking, I just buy a new pack. A few weeks ago I went out with some guys and a few girls and had somedrinks at a party and thought we were all gonna go to bed...but no, we chilled in a damn parking garage until 5 in the morning. I woke up with two cigarettes.FML. I don't have an addiction nearly as bad as anyone else I know. Like, I'll want one real bad when I go a day or two without one or I'll getminor headaches, but my friends that have tried quitting would get fevers and vomit and crap like that. I guess I've been fortunate.

It's probably a sign...
eyes.gif

The reason I never tried it was 'cause a bunch of my friends tried it one night our senior year and said that the next day they had serious cravingsalready because that high was too good so coming down was a #@#**. All my references say that it takes just a few days max to get addicted to some powder.

Back
Top Bottom