IMO Packages are ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by RIPCITY32

wow, you must be bored. dont like them dont buy them. people suing people over things like this or even talking about annoys the hell out of me.

i agree with what the guy is saying but at the end of the day, dont buy what you dont like

Im sorry, but this is different. Many people NEED Microsoft software, so forcing them to buy something they don't want with something they need iswrong...but you DON'T NEED to buy Jordans.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by lysolflow

i just wonder why do people constantly take time out to post pics about how somethin "fails" or how "nobody cares"... all yall are doin is pushin it back to the top so more people can respond.... i just think if you dont think the thread matters or is stupid... why post in it?

as far as packs bein illegal.... i dont think you could get that far... i'm sure Jordan Brand got crazy lawyer-play, even if you were to get that far...

the only thing that hurts me is..... i feel ya pain, homey.... and i wish everybody who had your pain had your initiative... cuz i'm too lazy to fight battles... lol...
indifferent.gif
shut up. "nobody cares".

congrats to SickWitIt for gettin his daily e-cred...

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Originally Posted by Rafool

No one cares what you think.

Deal with it.
Every 1st reply in practically every thread in the JB forum is like this. You need to shut the %### up and stop with these posts you continually do over and over.
indifferent.gif

If you have nothing to contribute, then keep it to yourself.
Amen.
smh.gif
Freaking trolls.

JR5

No doubt. Him and THB are the worst.

What is really sad about these 1st replies is everyone else that comes into the thread afterwards plays follow the leader and flames him. What's ironic issomeone started a thread about the 3M V's dropping in Europe as a non-pack, single sale, and people were asking "Why do they do that there and nothere?". "Why is it cheaper" "I wish they did that here"...If this thread's first replies were something about Europe making packsillegal without the side sales of singles, this thread would have went into a different direction.. Trolls FTL....

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by JRose5

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Deal with it.
Every 1st reply in practically every thread in the JB forum is like this. You need to shut the %### up and stop with these posts you continually do over and over.
indifferent.gif

If you have nothing to contribute, then keep it to yourself.
Amen.
smh.gif
Freaking trolls.

JR5

No doubt. Him and THB are the worst.

What is really sad about these 1st replies is everyone else that comes into the thread afterwards plays follow the leader and flames him. What's ironic is someone started a thread about the 3M V's dropping in Europe as a non-pack, single sale, and people were asking "Why do they do that there and not here?". "Why is it cheaper" "I wish they did that here"...If this thread's first replies were something about Europe making packs illegal without the side sales of singles, this thread would have went into a different direction.. Trolls FTL....
Please tell me how I am the worst? Please do so. I really want to know how I'm like The Hater Boxden. This is exactly what Itold
DaBuddhaWitJays via pm:

If you've looked at all my posts, which you haven't, I actually do help around the forum. Whenever something is posted in the wrong place for example,I post the link on where it is to be posted. I also help people that have questions as well. When you see me "bash others" it's because stuffthat is being posted is just plain stupid.

And the reason why packs can't be sold in places like France is because of some legislation (someone correct me/look it up). This won't happen here andthat is why I posted what I posted in my first comment.

There's members that have been here less than 5 months and have 4000+ posts so I'm not here to get my post count up. If that was the case I would be at10,00 by now because I'm on here 24/7. So please explain how I'm a troll. I really want to know.

to the OP, we're not really forced to only buy these packages from JB you know? I wasn't a fan, so I just passed on all but 2 packages

Originally Posted by FXSANDMAN

Deal with it.

i just posted my thoughts cuz lotta pple are sick of packages
and its just an IDEA
and actually im not a hater of packs
co-sign... NT is such a friendly place....

Whassup NTers its a nice saturday afternoon

I suddenly thought that all those packages JB has been releasing are ILLEGAL

The main reason why I think packages are illegal is because packages are a type of tying

I believe everyone knows that MS has been sued for tying
(MS combined MS Office,IE,WMP into Windows and forced Windows users to use MS office,IE, and WMP)

Maybe if NT shoeheads unite and make a consumer organization we could file a civil law suit against JB for releasing packages
and limiting consumers' right to buy what we want and to not buy what we don't want

By releasing packages and making consumers buy what they don't want is undoubtedly illegal and we should claim the rights of consumers clearly.
roll.gif
listen to yourself and tell me what legal theoryapplies...really? you are comparing apples and oranges man. different rules for a different game. these are shoes. aint gonna happen. its a take it or leave itsituation with shoes my friend.

Maybe..who knows man. If you get yourself a super powerful lawyer then you can porbably do something about it.

I am an attorney. Sorry, it is not even in the ballpark of "illegal." Before you go posting this type of uninformed conjecture, think for a second.Don't you think Nike and JB have lawyers to make sure everything they do is not exposing them to suit? Be real. Make your own law, buy the pack and sellthe shoe you do not like.

Originally Posted by guerilla law

I am an attorney. Sorry, it is not even in the ballpark of "illegal." Before you go posting this type of uninformed conjecture, think for a second. Don't you think Nike and JB have lawyers to make sure everything they do is not exposing them to suit? Be real. Make your own law, buy the pack and sell the shoe you do not like.
Although i do agree with your conclusion the whole lawyer part pretty much goes against the whole MS getting sued thing... its improbable that itcould happen to Nike but possible.
Its the whole reason for this thread
It'd be bad business practice but it has happened b4...

Whassup NTers its a nice saturday afternoon

I suddenly thought that all those packages JB has been releasing are ILLEGAL

The main reason why I think packages are illegal is because packages are a type of tying

I believe everyone knows that MS has been sued for tying
(MS combined MS Office,IE,WMP into Windows and forced Windows users to use MS office,IE, and WMP)

Maybe if NT shoeheads unite and make a consumer organization we could file a civil law suit against JB for releasing packages
and limiting consumers' right to buy what we want and to not buy what we don't want

By releasing packages and making consumers buy what they don't want is undoubtedly illegal and we should claim the rights of consumers clearly.
You're claim is very flawed. Packs are NOT illegal. What you're referring to is that by U.S. law (under some age-old document),corporations cannot forcibly sell products to people. While you're claim is true that it is similar to tying, you must understand that the greatermajority of PC users still opt to buy the software. Moreover, a case like this would never see the light of day in front of the supreme court justice, letalone a local court house. Jordan brand isn't making anybody do anything. They're merely releasing products as a two-pack. Maybe this could be thefirst in the U.S. to site such a precedent (i.e. French national law prohibits this type of sale of dual product), however, to defend such a claim would takegreat TIME AND MONEY to fund the lawyers, research and building of civil claim against JB. And I'm sure JB is very well equipped with top-notch corporatelawyers. Sorry.

This is not tying. Tying is when a company sells one product conditionally, the condition being an additional (usually un-related) product must be purchased.So if Jordan Brand said " You only have the opportunity to purchase the Toro Bravo DMP 2 pack if you buy the XII's as well." that would be tying.Simply selling the shoes together is not tying, it is simply a package. It's like Lucky Charms man, even if you only wanna eat the marshmellows you gottabuy the whole box. Personally I don't care for the red V's, but they come in the package, so I'm gonna buy the pack, rock the 3M's and try tosell the reds on eBay.

why would you wanna sue Jordan Brand anyway??? lol

^Cereal is the worst at tying, I used to love Raisin Bran, but i usually just plucked all the raisins out then ate a little of the bran. They should have hadmostly raisins and two scoops of bran. You are corrupt Kelloggs, and you better get ready for the swift arm of justice!

wow, what a bunch of haters in this thread, more worried about their postcount, then a good and respectfull answer
has been a long time that i was on the jordan forum, will be a long time before coming back

the OP made a point.... most of the poeple who bought the package would only have bought one of the two shoes... but in a way, JB obligates you to pay an 150USD extra for a shoe, you actually don't want...

he just gives his idea, and i prefer reading posts like these then "which hat do i have to wear" or "is this a good deal"

Back
Top Bottom