IMO Packages are ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by chernabog915

First and foremost, you're an idiot. You have ZERO clue whatsoever what the definition of a monopoly even is. A monopoly is any good or service that is palced in the marketplace, and uses unfair advantages to takeover the marketplace and keep other items of equal or greater good out of the marketplace. The first such monopolies in the country were trains. They used to have different sized rails all over the country, so one train could run one place and not another, and they shut those down. You're example of Microsoft is also way off. It was not office that was brought into question, it was actually Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer. Federal courts ruled that it was unfair for Microsoft to require people use ONLY those programs, included WITH Windows 95 and Windows 98, and make other players such as Real and Quicktime from working with Windows. That ruling by federal courts were the same guidelines used in the European rulings, costing Microsoft a ton of money. Now, by using that example, everyone in the world uses computers. Every person ages 3 and up uses a computer. That's probably 300 million people in the US, alone. You have no way around using a computer. Therefore, it would be considered a monopoly if EVERYONE had no choice BUT to use certain programs on a computer. It could be said Microsoft still has a monopoly with the Window operating systems, but it's a matter of choice and user agreement. Software companies make software to run on Windows because people who buy computers buy computers with Windows because everyone else uses Windows. It's sort of like buying fuel; you buy whatever car you want, but the thing still has to run on gas, just what type and brand you use is up to you. Now, back to you being a moron about what is an isn't illegal. Right now, if you go into ANY shoe store selling Air Jordans, I can promise you you will find Adidas, Nike, Brand Jordan, Reebok, Fila, Puma, Sketchers, and probably a dozen other brands of shoes being sold in that store. Since there is competition in the marketplace, there is no monopoly. And since shoes are not considered a life-sustaining requirement such as food, water, housing, heating or cooling, it doesn't fall under the 'staple' requirement to survive. There are other options. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying pay $310 for these shoes. I didn't buy a single pack last year of all the garbage packs Jordan was slinging. I had better things to do with the world economy in the toilet OTHER than worry about what shoes I wore or what pack to camp out for. I've got 115+ pairs of shoes as it is. I actually haven't bought a pair of Jordans on release date since the XXIIIs. I've bought 3 pairs of Pumas, a pair of Adidas, and a pair of Agassi's since last January. Jordan's aren't making anything worth buying or that I need to run right out and skip a car payment on to buy. They're shoes. Simple as that. They aren't a narcotic you have to have every single one of.

As far as yor other idiotic comment of Nike putting packages together so consumers will buy it, well F*&king duh, it's called marketing genius, and companies have been doing it since the dawn of time. You find out what people want, you make it, you sell it to them. It happens all the time. You go to McDonald's, they have value meals with fries and a coke, which is what the VAST MAJORITY of people want. You may want Dr. Pepper, so you get Dr. Pepper, and you're happy. If they don't have Dr. Pepper, you leave, you don't buy anything. It's how it works. You go to buy a car, and you see what the dealer has. They may have a dozen cars you like, but not the one you want. So you have a choice, take what's on the lot, maybe get a nice cash rebate for some package that may have more of what you don't want or not quite what you do want, or you place an order and pay a premium to get EXACTLY what you want. I can walk into any Chevy dealership right now, and get a brand new Camaro with what the dealer SAYS I can have, and maybe get it for right at $40,000 and not be quite happy, or I can go online, special order the EXACT thing I want, and pay $44,365 plus delivery fees and get the thing I want down to the letter.

You need to shape up and get an education. You need to seriously learn what is and is not a national emergency. You need to read something other than the lyrics to the next Eminem album and get a god damned clue. This country is not here to give you anything. No one is here to give you anything. You work yourself hard and to the death to get what you want. No one owes you a pair of sneaker, a house, a fancy car, nothing. You earn it. If you don't like Jordan charging $310 for a package of shoes because you only have $155 for one pair of shoes, find a job and work for the other $155 to get the whole package. Then do what other people have done; sell the other half and make a profit on eBay. Quit your crying and get educated before you open your mouth and prove to the world how big an idiot you are.

Better to be silent and thought an idiot rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
This guy really wrote a 965 word exposition on the subject.
roll.gif
It's not that serious, dude.

First and foremost, you're an idiot. You have ZERO clue whatsoever what the definition of a monopoly even is. A monopoly is any good or service that is palced in the marketplace, and uses unfair advantages to takeover the marketplace and keep other items of equal or greater good out of the marketplace. The first such monopolies in the country were trains. They used to have different sized rails all over the country, so one train could run one place and not another, and they shut those down. You're example of Microsoft is also way off. It was not office that was brought into question, it was actually Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer. Federal courts ruled that it was unfair for Microsoft to require people use ONLY those programs, included WITH Windows 95 and Windows 98, and make other players such as Real and Quicktime from working with Windows. That ruling by federal courts were the same guidelines used in the European rulings, costing Microsoft a ton of money. Now, by using that example, everyone in the world uses computers. Every person ages 3 and up uses a computer. That's probably 300 million people in the US, alone. You have no way around using a computer. Therefore, it would be considered a monopoly if EVERYONE had no choice BUT to use certain programs on a computer. It could be said Microsoft still has a monopoly with the Window operating systems, but it's a matter of choice and user agreement. Software companies make software to run on Windows because people who buy computers buy computers with Windows because everyone else uses Windows. It's sort of like buying fuel; you buy whatever car you want, but the thing still has to run on gas, just what type and brand you use is up to you. Now, back to you being a moron about what is an isn't illegal. Right now, if you go into ANY shoe store selling Air Jordans, I can promise you you will find Adidas, Nike, Brand Jordan, Reebok, Fila, Puma, Sketchers, and probably a dozen other brands of shoes being sold in that store. Since there is competition in the marketplace, there is no monopoly. And since shoes are not considered a life-sustaining requirement such as food, water, housing, heating or cooling, it doesn't fall under the 'staple' requirement to survive. There are other options. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying pay $310 for these shoes. I didn't buy a single pack last year of all the garbage packs Jordan was slinging. I had better things to do with the world economy in the toilet OTHER than worry about what shoes I wore or what pack to camp out for. I've got 115+ pairs of shoes as it is. I actually haven't bought a pair of Jordans on release date since the XXIIIs. I've bought 3 pairs of Pumas, a pair of Adidas, and a pair of Agassi's since last January. Jordan's aren't making anything worth buying or that I need to run right out and skip a car payment on to buy. They're shoes. Simple as that. They aren't a narcotic you have to have every single one of.

As far as yor other idiotic comment of Nike putting packages together so consumers will buy it, well F*&king duh, it's called marketing genius, and companies have been doing it since the dawn of time. You find out what people want, you make it, you sell it to them. It happens all the time. You go to McDonald's, they have value meals with fries and a coke, which is what the VAST MAJORITY of people want. You may want Dr. Pepper, so you get Dr. Pepper, and you're happy. If they don't have Dr. Pepper, you leave, you don't buy anything. It's how it works. You go to buy a car, and you see what the dealer has. They may have a dozen cars you like, but not the one you want. So you have a choice, take what's on the lot, maybe get a nice cash rebate for some package that may have more of what you don't want or not quite what you do want, or you place an order and pay a premium to get EXACTLY what you want. I can walk into any Chevy dealership right now, and get a brand new Camaro with what the dealer SAYS I can have, and maybe get it for right at $40,000 and not be quite happy, or I can go online, special order the EXACT thing I want, and pay $44,365 plus delivery fees and get the thing I want down to the letter.

You need to shape up and get an education. You need to seriously learn what is and is not a national emergency. You need to read something other than the lyrics to the next Eminem album and get a god damned clue. This country is not here to give you anything. No one is here to give you anything. You work yourself hard and to the death to get what you want. No one owes you a pair of sneaker, a house, a fancy car, nothing. You earn it. If you don't like Jordan charging $310 for a package of shoes because you only have $155 for one pair of shoes, find a job and work for the other $155 to get the whole package. Then do what other people have done; sell the other half and make a profit on eBay. Quit your crying and get educated before you open your mouth and prove to the world how big an idiot you are.

Better to be silent and thought an idiot rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Wow. I can't believe I just read this entire thing.

That Essay (which, no way i was gonna read) & that reaction was hilarious
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

They aren't a narcotic you have to have every single one of.

You go to McDonald's, they have value meals with fries and a coke, which is what the VAST MAJORITY of people want. You may want Dr. Pepper, so you get Dr. Pepper, and you're happy. If they don't have Dr. Pepper, you leave, you don't buy anything. It's how it works.

No one owes you a pair of sneaker, a house, a fancy car, nothing. You earn it. If you don't like Jordan charging $310 for a package of shoes because you only have $155 for one pair of shoes, find a job and work for the other $155 to get the whole package. Then do what other people have done; sell the other half and make a profit on eBay. Quit your crying and get educated before you open your mouth and prove to the world how big an idiot you are.

That's his point. We don't have to have and/or want every single pair - why would they put them in packs and leave the resell of unwanted product to us?

VAST MAJORITY of buyers HATED the packs, so it's not the same as VAST MAJORITY wanting a value meal. In this case the VAST MAJORITY wants single releases just like vast majority wants a value meal.. You can't compare something that is wanted and supplied VS something that is hated and supplied with no other options...

He never said anything about anybody owing him anything OR not being able to afford it. He started the thread because everyone hated the packs when they came out and he figured there has to be something that can stop it. Right? Did you miss the big IMO
in the title?

The V's from the DMP2 just dropped in Europe as single releases. Why? Because their laws don't allow JB to force people to buy both pairs when they don't want both.

Get off that horse you're on and get a reality check, buddy. Calling people names just shows how ignorant YOU are.

the realist $hit i seen in this whole thread...

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Wow. I can't believe I just read this entire thing.

That Essay (which, no way i was gonna read) & that reaction was hilarious
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

that entire essay was tellin someone how ignorant they were?... come on, bro... he expressed his opinion and wanted feedback... kinfoe took 45 minutes to wordand get everythin right and cats still think he's silly...

roll.gif

He may be an idiot but you are still among the sheep my friend.

i just hate packages because most every single package ever.. there is only one good shoe. very few packages will have 2 great shoes

I thought this same thing when they came out. It is illegal to package one product with another if the consumer does not want the other product.

Well I agree with his point.... Everyone is so quick to shoot the idea down and call its stupid but he does have a point.... how many ppl honestly wanted19', 17's etc....... think about it that way.

this is true and is the reason y shoes r released seperately in europe because over there packing anything like this not just shoes is illegal

OP has a good point, however JB makes more money by doing this because they can charge more money for shoes with little demand (CDP XVII and CDP XX)

Nobody's forcing anybody to buy anything. I REALLY wanted black/cement III's. They came with wear-test-sample-looking 20's. Didn't cop.
REALLY wanted black IV's. They came with XIX's. XIX's are OK, but not OK enough for me to HAVE to cop them with the IV's. Didn't cop.
REALLY wanted Carmines, and if the XVII's were white/red or if they were black leather like the OG's, I might have broken down and copped that pack,but still, didn't cop. Only CDP pack I got was the XI/XII pack because I wanted both shoes.

They're just sneakers. As much as we love them, they're just sneakers. Same reason I'm not copping spacejams? Aside from the shape being all funny,what am I supposed to be paying $175 for? Plastic inserts?

Back
Top Bottom