IMO Packages are ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by FXSANDMAN

Whassup NTers its a nice saturday afternoon

I suddenly thought that all those packages JB has been releasing are ILLEGAL

The main reason why I think packages are illegal is because packages are a type of tying

I believe everyone knows that MS has been sued for tying
(MS combined MS Office,IE,WMP into Windows and forced Windows users to use MS office,IE, and WMP)

Maybe if NT shoeheads unite and make a consumer organization we could file a civil law suit against JB for releasing packages
and limiting consumers' right to buy what we want and to not buy what we don't want

By releasing packages and making consumers buy what they don't want is undoubtedly illegal and we should claim the rights of consumers clearly.

um cool i'd sue just to get JB using NIKE AIR on the back of their shoes, keep on selling Packs i don't care just put NIKE AIR on the back of IV'sand people will buy even more shoes

The main reason why I think packages are illegal is because packages are a type of tying

(MS combined MS Office,IE,WMP into Windows and forced Windows users to use MS office,IE, and WMP)

Maybe if NT shoeheads unite and make a consumer organization we could file a civil law suit against JB for releasing packages
and limiting consumers' right to buy what we want and to not buy what we don't want

By releasing packages and making consumers buy what they don't want is undoubtedly illegal and we should claim the rights of consumers clearly.

Sorry bro. It is Not illegal. Besides that, even if it was illegal under the same theories that applied in the microsoft case (i.e., Anti-Trust violations),we as consumers wouldn't even have standing to sue them. In order to sue for Anti-Trust you have to have been harmed by the act as a competitor of theparty you are suing (or be the Federal Gov't). There are no consumer protection laws that prohibit or restrict the sale of items as packs here in theU.S., nor would there ever be one due to the powerful influence of corporate lobbying in our legislative process. But as far as the anti-trust argument, itdoesn't apply because, as some have stated, Nike has healthy competition in the market.

There are probably strong consumer protection laws in most European countries (which have an entirely different system of laws from us -- i.e., civil law vs.common law), which might be why they split packs over there to avoid illegalities.

JB Forum should stay away from legal discussion, some of you guys sound pretty silly. I'm not going to write an essay or anything but packs aren'ttying.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Nobody's forcing anybody to buy anything. I REALLY wanted black/cement III's. They came with wear-test-sample-looking 20's. Didn't cop.
REALLY wanted black IV's. They came with XIX's. XIX's are OK, but not OK enough for me to HAVE to cop them with the IV's. Didn't cop.
REALLY wanted Carmines, and if the XVII's were white/red or if they were black leather like the OG's, I might have broken down and copped that pack, but still, didn't cop. Only CDP pack I got was the XI/XII pack because I wanted both shoes.

They're just sneakers. As much as we love them, they're just sneakers. Same reason I'm not copping spacejams? Aside from the shape being all funny, what am I supposed to be paying $175 for? Plastic inserts?
PanaRicanRetro hits the nail on the head with this post. The whole notion of packages is a joke and as consumers we have a choice. Don't likethe poor quality sneakers that JB is forcing you to buy in twos - then don't buy it. Sadly as long as the sheep keep scooping up the trash, JB'll keepchurning it out.

This made me lol

U could allways move to europe were they are sold indiv
roll.gif

Illegal? I hate the packages too, but nobody is MAKING you buy the package.

This is stupid IMO.

He's saying that he may have a case since most people only want the good colorways from each pack and not those crappy second pair. It's not that hardto understand what he's trying to say.

i feel what ur saying and i appreciate your idea/train of thought. unfortunately, most so-called sneakerheads are to brainwashed to oppose anything theirmaster (nike/jb) does.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

i feel what ur saying and i appreciate your idea/train of thought. unfortunately, most so-called sneakerheads are to brainwashed to oppose anything their master (nike/jb) does.
smh.gif
^
laugh.gif

That's what I'm saying.

you dont have to buy the packages, jb isnt forcing you too if you dont like them dont buy them

Originally Posted by DixxerElixxer

Your kidding me......FAIL!

79c16e16a61afdc2137300efe759b81bdaf6d262.jpg

LMAO.. why does everyone hate packages so much.. Theyre not just some arbitrary shoes, there is always a meaning behind the pairing.. deal with it.. thats ythey have ebay and niketalk, so if u only like half, u can sell the other

Back
Top Bottom