IMO Packages are ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by rookie 23

DONT BUY THE PACKS SIMPOL!!!just buy the half u want

eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Let me say this....It wasn't illegal at the time when they first come out with OG's all those years ago..People had the right to buy them or leave themalone..Same thing applies now, you can like them or leave them for someone else..The thing you have to understand is THEY have control of thier own product,and you are the consumer..That means they can put what they want out and you have the right as the consumer to like what they put out or do like anything elsethat's put on display as far as clothing or what have you, and let the next person have it...Besides, JB is at a status I think, now that anything andeverything they sell WILL sell regardless if you are an OG sneakerhead or you are new...I'm 34, and I've seen a lot of sneakers that I would not put onmy feet sell out in hours rather than days, just because of the status quo of the shoe...It just comes down to YOU the consumer whether you will make adecision to buy or walk away...

I'm not defending packs, because I think they are a bad idea, but to say they are illegal is pretty ridiculous. No one is forced to buy Jordans.

Dearest OP (and several other members who have posted in this thread)...

If I may, I would like to paraphrase a quote from the movie "Billy Madison":

"What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things
I have ever heard. At nopoint in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything thatcould be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I awardyou no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

After reading through some of the responses to the OP, many of which were in defense of the completely irrational notion that selling 2 pairs of shoesin a pack is in some way illegal, I may actually be done with NikeTalk altogether. This forum has become a breeding ground for ignorance and I stronglyrecommend that the majority of you take your fingers off the mouse or touchpad, step away from the computer and go read a book.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

After reading through some of the responses to the OP, many of which were in defense of the completely irrational notion that selling 2 pairs of shoes in a pack is in some way illegal, I may actually be done with NikeTalk altogether. This forum has become a breeding ground for ignorance and I strongly recommend that the majority of you take your fingers off the mouse or touchpad, step away from the computer and go read a book.
AMEN!

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

I, for one, am sick of the packages.

Email a couple lawyers and explai nthe complete situation and get their input.
I agree

yea it is not the same thing as that MS thing. Both shoes are made by jordan and are sold together as a pack as advertised. if not then i will sue nike fortheir socks because i only want to buy one pair not three that it comes with.

Just split the pack with someone....simple solution..... Now what wasn't cool was when Jordan was forcing consumers to buy the jacket or shirt to go withcertain retros he had brought back in order to buy the shoes. (the burgandy V's are one example)

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

After reading through some of the responses to the OP, many of which were in defense of the completely irrational notion that selling 2 pairs of shoes in a pack is in some way illegal, I may actually be done with NikeTalk altogether. This forum has become a breeding ground for ignorance and I strongly recommend that the majority of you take your fingers off the mouse or touchpad, step away from the computer and go read a book.
AMEN!

here my friends we have a smart NTer i am starting to hate this forum with all these young dumb posters its really becoming to much for me to stay here andwatch this place burn even iss's jordan forum gets more respect then we do thats just terrible
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

It is in Europe. Notice these packs always get separate releases there? Over there it is considered a form of tying one product to another.

Funny thing is, every time there is a thread stating that these packs are a separate $135 release there, everyone complains that they don't do that here,in the US. In this thread though, his OPINION, as stated in the title, is bashed over and over....

Quotes from another thread where this was discussed:
^^ Aint that some B.S. , they force us to buy packs , but they give other countries the option of buying either/or....
%! that sucks lol personally i only want the true reds.... but if euro release is seperate what about Canada? i doubt its going to be seperate cause the 1's DMP was a pack
Its stated that it is against the law in some European countries to force consumers to buy a package.

While I agree that here, in the US, this is isn't even close to being illegal and is nothing like Microsoft tying one product to another, it's not THATBAD of an opinion to have considering it is illegal in another country....

Some of the packs, I liked both shoes, some of them I didn't. Having the option would have been nice...

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

It is in Europe. Notice these packs always get separate releases there? Over there it is considered a form of tying one product to another.

Funny thing is, every time there is a thread stating that these packs are a separate $135 release there, everyone complains that they don't do that here, in the US. In this thread though, his OPINION, as stated in the title, is bashed over and over....

Quotes from another thread where this was discussed:
^^ Aint that some B.S. , they force us to buy packs , but they give other countries the option of buying either/or....
%! that sucks lol personally i only want the true reds.... but if euro release is seperate what about Canada? i doubt its going to be seperate cause the 1's DMP was a pack
Its stated that it is against the law in some European countries to force consumers to buy a package.

While I agree that here, in the US, this is isn't even close to being illegal and is nothing like Microsoft tying one product to another, it's not THAT BAD of an opinion to have considering it is illegal in another country....

Some of the packs, I liked both shoes, some of them I didn't. Having the option would have been nice...

I understand that it is not allowed in Europe... good for Europe. Of course having the option to purchase the shoes separately would have been nice. I neversaid that I thought packs were a good idea, but I do not see how something can be deemed illegal if no one is forced to buy the product. We are not talkingabout life necessities. We are talking about sneakers. Buying Jordans is a luxury. If you cannot afford to buy the pack, you do not have to buy it. If youthink it is unfair, you might be right, and I might even agree with that, but illegal? Nah. If Nike/Brand Jordan bought up all the other shoe companies andyou could only get shoes through Nike/Brand Jordan, then you would be talking about something illegal.

to add to tree4twenty's response, where the heck were jordans $135 in europe? in the uk, yeah, their pricing is about on par (i.e. red v's were about90 pounds, or $150). but other countries, like in france, they were selling the cdp 16's for only 130 euro, or about $180. oh hell no. same with the redv's from the toro pack, only a small fee of 150 euro or $230. give me a dang pack anyday.

Back
Top Bottom