Information Technology (IT)

One of my room mates just got a job as Java Script host developer making $100K and he got his Comp Science degree from UCSD about 2 years ago. Dude needs a work visa since he isn't a US Citizen and I know and told him that he would command and get $120K or higher if he had a green card.

You just have to find your lane. It may take time

Look here for a roadmap of careers you can get in
DFA16A40-61AD-44DC-A418-E95D58473E04.png
what path yall blokes on?

For this help desk role, I swear restarting the computer solves at least 50% of the tickets that come in .

I've had this convo on a few interviews and it's always exactly what you said. You'll get the ones who swear they've rebooted then you check for yourself and see they haven't. Force them to reboot and wala everything is working as it should.

System admin, so a mix between the "Service and Infrastructure" and the "Network Technology" path, hoping to get into the "Information Security" role in the future.

10+ Years Into My IT Career And I Have No Clue What I Want To Do Next. >D

I swear I change my mind a couple times a year. I started with Networking, thought about Security, considering System Admin, but feel like I may move in to Project Management instead one day. Alot of these positions are being handled by MSPs now. Amazed by what some of these companies are paying for 3rd level support which is what I'm currently doing.

Last edited:
My day 1 goal now that I think about it was Enterprise Architect, gotta start looking into it more to see if i'm still interested.

Has anyone every had a SOC analyst position? Trying to get some real life feedback on that... I'm interested in that role? Did you like the money and the day to day?

I have networking certification exp, and security plus under my belt.. Not trying to do any network admin work, not for me.. I respect it though.

How do I advance my career. I have a CS degree a couple of security related certs and applying to get my MS in CS.. Kind of banging my head against the wall on how to make 80k a year.. Any where in the world

How do I advance my career. I have a CS degree a couple of security related certs and applying to get my MS in CS.. Kind of banging my head against the wall on how to make 80k a year.. Any where in the world

You'd probably be better off getting your CISSP cert than a masters degree, also how much experience do you have in the field?

Maybe build some projects and try getting a job as a software engineer? I also think Georgia tech has an online cs masters program that impresses employers

Has anyone every had a SOC analyst position? Trying to get some real life feedback on that... I'm interested in that role? Did you like the money and the day to day?

I have networking certification exp, and security plus under my belt.. Not trying to do any network admin work, not for me.. I respect it though.

from what i've heard its like helpdesk for security

gunna be dealing with alot of alerts and such.

I think its a great opportunity. I've applied to plenty with no luck so far.

Back
Top Bottom