Information Technology (IT)

I’ve been lazy. I sat through a CCNP class last week to try to get CEUs.

I want to get CyberOps, PMP and CAP. Trying to diversify my portfolio. Maybe learn some python.

How are we all doing?

After a few changes, works been slow for me. Just biding my time until the next gig. Still studying and researching for when I start looking for a Jr sys admin role.
Just trying to build up my technical skills, learning tools and programming languages. Trying to land a Business Analyst or Project Manager position

I’ve been lazy. I sat through a CCNP class last week to try to get CEUs.

I want to get CyberOps, PMP and CAP. Trying to diversify my portfolio. Maybe learn some python.
I feel you on that. With how I study, it gets draining at times. Luckily, I use some of my work time to get some studying done.

I just got offered a fully remote joint out of dc, a Government contract. I forget the agebcy, but they already had their security officer call me and verify my clearance status so it seems like its probably a go. Also just had to put ny youngest in day care since her mom started working so pretty much ate up all the increase in salary

I just got offered a fully remote joint out of dc, a Government contract. I forget the agebcy, but they already had their security officer call me and verify my clearance status so it seems like its probably a go. Also just had to put ny youngest in day care since her mom started working so pretty much ate up all the increase in salary
Any further info on this? They have any other positions?

How you feel about a fully remote position?

I want a remote position next year. I want to be near my kid while getting paid$.

My friend got an almost totally remote position (just has some travel to engage with customers).

Debating on whether or not it’s worth it to learn Powershell. No previous scripting experience. Could use it in my position (SCCM Engineer).

Gov contract, fully remote unless you’re not performing. Job is chill for the most part but we have a 10a meeting 4 days a week where they ask what you’re working on/completed. Annoying AF.

Last edited:
Debating on whether or not it’s worth it to learn Powershell. No previous scripting experience. Could use it in my position (SCCM Engineer).

Gov contract, fully remote unless you’re not performing. Job is chill for the most part but we have a 10a meeting 4 days a week where they ask what you’re working on/completed. Annoying AF.

Yeah you may want to learn the poweshell - especially in that work field. Will make your automation so much easier.

Yeah you may want to learn the poweshell - especially in that work field. Will make your automation so much easier.
Not sure if you have any knowledge but everyone is recommending “Powershell in a month of lunches”

How you feel about a fully remote position?
I only go in 1nce or 2wice a month as is, if something in the server room of our D.R site requires touch labor like racking new equipment or getting yhe old one and sending it back, so i am used to it. I have an extra bedroom upstairs set up as an office plus places throughout the city with wifi i go to.

Signed up for plural site while they were running their sale. Gonna spend the next year learning and certing up.

What courses are you pursuing on there? I have a free subscription through WGU. I have an associate who has started posting content on there that I want to check out.

Powershell would be great if you can learn it. Even this week we used it because due to an Emergency Directive we had to make sure a particular July patch was on all our workstations and while we had in our notes which we had done and taken it successfully, my colleague wrote a script that went through and checked them all for it and more importantly spit out an excel spreadsheet.

Similar use case, I made a Powershell script that pulls user data daily from our Azure AD in the form of a CSV. I had no PS experience previous to that, thankfully there were a ton of examples online that helped tailor it to our needs. Now we have dozens of scripts running on our Windows VMs that save us several hours of repetitive work a day.

I need to get kb5004289 on our Windows 7 vms and 85% took it no issue, those last 15% just keep failing. I rebuilt the windows update client, double checked they had our esu activation, re-downloaded the file (running off the standalone msu file, its July Cumulative Security Updates), made sure the necessary services related to Windows update were running, let them check for updates their own and ser if they can find it on Windows Update servers but they just pulling nonsense Office 16 uodates, I dont kbow what else to try. They're all built off the same couple templates so thats not the issue. I might see if I can patch the template then clone it, delete the fails off the domain, and spin up all new machines but sheesh. I need to have this done tomorrow

Similar use case, I made a Powershell script that pulls user data daily from our Azure AD in the form of a CSV. I had no PS experience previous to that, thankfully there were a ton of examples online that helped tailor it to our needs. Now we have dozens of scripts running on our Windows VMs that save us several hours of repetitive work a day.
That’s dope. I’ve had to use poweshell in class situations. Never had an environment to use it and automate repetitive tasks.

Back
Top Bottom