Information Technology (IT)

Recruiter let me know they’re ready to convert me full time. Expected salary is $60k-70k. Much higher than I originally expected for a tier 1 service desk gig.

70k for tier 1? Grab that bag :pimp:

One of my coworker told me service desk dudes was making 100k over at the Pentagon... Prob cause of their clearance

I'm so glad I don't have to do helpdesk work, even though I just finished my consultancy training.
My coworkers from the development team are out here begging and in some cases even outright bribing eachother to take on their mandatory helpdesk day.

I'm so glad I don't have to do helpdesk work, even though I just finished my consultancy training.
My coworkers from the development team are out here begging and in some cases even outright bribing eachother to take on their mandatory helpdesk day.
Helpdesk is hell. Sometimes you wonder how people can make so much and can’t even navigate a computer. And I just mean opening Outlook and File Explorer.

Helpdesk is hell. Sometimes you wonder how people can make so much and can’t even navigate a computer. And I just mean opening Outlook and File Explorer.

998EB325-117A-4897-8963-D6F2DE1F7017.jpeg

Posting this again

My boy who works for Microsoft shared his resume with me. I was wilding out at the amount of embellishment he used. Dude increased the scale and responsibility he had.

I worked with him so I was like ugh.
I’ll try to stay within my realm but I definitely need to update my keywords and responsibilities. I might not actually do it on a daily basis but I can talk about it.

That's terrible, they should just hire someone dedicated to the help desk. That break in routine dreading that 1 day has to be stressful.
We do. There are consultants whose job is mostly helpdesk, though I guess not enough of them.

Mandatory helpdesk work was incredibly common in the job offers I came across when I was searching for a job.

For those applying to FAANG, keep at it. Even though a lot of them are on hiring freezes and/or laying off the lower tier staff, the opportunities are still there. Their recruiters are still head hunting for certain skill sets. Devs and security folks are sill needed!

And side note, imo sys admins could actually make pretty good pen testers. At first glance, it’s pretty challenging to tell the diff between a threat actor and a shi**y sys admin 😅😂

Christ some of these clients…
We got a performance issue complaint about our HR software from a client but they added and visualized an obscene amount of counters in the employee planning. Way way more counters than even our biggest client (a huge hospital) and these people thought it’d be a good idea to also visualize every single one of them. Obviously it’s gonna have issues in that case.

Boss was outright yelling at them on the phone “don’t come at me with this bull****, you ****ed this up” :lol:

WASHED KING WASHED KING Im a Sr. Data Anaylst for a Risk Management company. Do you have any SQL experience? If you know select & joins you should be able to get an entry level position with your teaching background. I dont know Tableau my company dont use it. We all sql/plsql. Where you located?

WASHED KING WASHED KING Im a Sr. Data Anaylst for a Risk Management company. Do you have any SQL experience? If you know select & joins you should be able to get an entry level position with your teaching background. I dont know Tableau my company dont use it. We all sql/plsql. Where you located?

At work currently no I haven’t used SQL. Im teaching summer school this year and im planning on taking quiz scores and adding them into MySQL into a database. Currently I’ve created a database of all the MVPs in NBA history with their basic stats (PPG, Reb, AST etc)

At this point I’m really good with the basics of SQL like Select, Where, Group By, insert, Having, Order By, Joins. A few functions I still need to use Google to remember the exact syntax for it but with more repetition I know I will have that down too.

I was basically weighing what was the best use of my time try to get a certification or build a portfolio since my biggest mark on my resume is lack of “corporate/real word” experience. I’m currently in Richmond, Va.

For those applying to FAANG, keep at it. Even though a lot of them are on hiring freezes and/or laying off the lower tier staff, the opportunities are still there. Their recruiters are still head hunting for certain skill sets. Devs and security folks are sill needed!

And side note, imo sys admins could actually make pretty good pen testers. At first glance, it’s pretty challenging to tell the diff between a threat actor and a shi**y sys admin 😅😂
idk man

next gig i wanna work somewhere cool

anyone in this thread going to defcon?
I’d be scared to go to one of these events. Just rife with opportunities for identity theft.

I think it’s cool. As a security practitioner, this is the event to go to.
My goal right now is to get a job at Microsoft. Definitely want to get more into management and program management vice technical.

Had a conversation with a WWT recruiter about getting a senior network engineer position. It’s just a slow process with their company. Already accepted an offer from another firm. But I’d prefer the WWT position since it’s at SOCOM, access to their lab environment and training opportunities.

You’re using Boson? I hear they’re pretty good. 80% is probably what you want to shoot for.

But you can always roll the device if it’s someone else’s money.

Back
Top Bottom