Information Technology (IT)

Tried to do this but they sending me back in the office. Got damn it
I considered it for my last job but had to go into the office once a week. Place was a cell reception deadzone so I would’ve needed to find a reliable hotspot. Couldn’t use company network. Workload was very light with minimal meetings. Perfect setup, regret not trying it.

update*

failed CCNP collab core.

ngl I underestimated the exam. the questions were no joke. super specific niche questions for a lot of them. even understanding a concept at a foundational level isnt enough to answer the questions because of how niche the questions were.

doesnt help that cisco has so many collab solutions you have to know

good thing my company paid for this lol. gonna brush up on my weak spots and come back again.

update*

failed CCNP collab core.

ngl I underestimated the exam. the questions were no joke. super specific niche questions for a lot of them. even understanding a concept at a foundational level isnt enough to answer the questions because of how niche the questions were.

doesnt help that cisco has so many collab solutions you have to know

good thing my company paid for this lol. gonna brush up on my weak spots and come back again.
I haven’t taken any of the newer Core exams but I’d imagine they’re a mile wide and inch deep.

Plus they’re notoriously guilty of trivial pursuit questions.

Did you use Boson practice questions?

Collab is the concentration I’d be looking be most scared in pursuing. Every enterprise needs a voice expert but not sure how long Cisco will be a major player especially with Cloud solutions exploding (though they do have their products in the marketplace).

I haven’t taken any of the newer Core exams but I’d imagine they’re a mile wide and inch deep.

Plus they’re notoriously guilty of trivial pursuit questions.

Did you use Boson practice questions?

Collab is the concentration I’d be looking be most scared in pursuing. Every enterprise needs a voice expert but not sure how long Cisco will be a major player especially with Cloud solutions exploding (though they do have their products in the marketplace).

theres no boson for ccnp collab unfortunately.

I have my foot in both on-prem voice and cloud video/vtc so im thankful for that. while voice is going to the cloud, i dont see all businesses moving there.

the cost of cloud is starting to get too expensive now that every company is moving there.

I think the future for voice will be a hybrid. cloud for smaller businesses, on prem for bigger companies that need a 1%> up time like hospitals, big government agencies, etc.

I know cisco doesnt share what their up time is for webex cloud, but i know for sure its not better than on-prem. and obviously the customization isnt as advance as what you can get in cucm.

few years ago my company moved one of the biggest hospital business in the US from on-prem cisco voip to cisco webex cloud. Just last year they hired us again to move back to on-prem because they werent satisfied with webex cloud calling.

Collab is the concentration I’d be looking be most scared in pursuing. Every enterprise needs a voice expert but not sure how long Cisco will be a major player

agreed. thankfully one of the concentration exams for collab focuses on integrating MS Teams into WebEx so that should also help a bit with diversifying my skills

also shows that cisco is well aware of MS Teams and their presence within the collab world.

right now im working with VTCs that utilizes Cisco hardware for VTC but MS Teams for their software solution so that should help make my resume more diverse.

As long as we have Dameware i was happy. I
I swear some of these cleared job listings are like:

Senior Network Security Architect

-Active TS/SCI Full Poly
-2 years of turning on computer
its the opposite down here

- Master’s degree or 10 years minimum equivalent experience
- ALL the certs
- Top Secret Clearance
- Fully on site
- $18.50/hr doe, 6 month contract to hire

I be cussing them recruiters out for even wasting my time

As long as we have Dameware i was happy. I

its the opposite down here

- Master’s degree or 10 years minimum equivalent experience
- ALL the certs
- Top Secret Clearance
- Fully on site
- $18.50/hr doe, 6 month contract to hire

I be cussing them recruiters out for even wasting my time
I don’t have a masters yet but I’d be big mad at that hourly rate!!!!!!!!

Wish me well. The contract is expiring and the incumbent and subs are throwing offers at folks to keep them. We lost a ton of server and cloud dudes. One of my team mates jumped ship for a remote, management gig due to the audacity of the initial offer.

I don’t have a masters yet but I’d be big mad at that hourly rate!!!!!!!!

Wish me well. The contract is expiring and the incumbent and subs are throwing offers at folks to keep them. We lost a ton of server and cloud dudes. One of my team mates jumped ship for a remote, management gig due to the audacity of the initial offer.
What state you live in? About to get this AWS Solutions Architect and then get this RHCSA
Looking to jump into cloud and do something different.

Florida

My boy just got that RHCE!! He’s actually doing cloud. He has AZ305 and AZ900.

I’m going to start studying for AZ305 next week so I can get my Azure Expert. Then PMP so I can try to move toward management or Cloud.

Florida

My boy just got that RHCE!! He’s actually doing cloud. He has AZ305 and AZ900.

I’m going to start studying for AZ305 next week so I can get my Azure Expert. Then PMP so I can try to move toward management or Cloud.
Are you on the government side or private?
I know Gov side uses both but seems more AZ than AWS

Are you on the government side or private?
I know Gov side uses both but seems more AZ than AWS
I’m on the Federal Defense side. My Org uses Azure. As of late, I’d say my familiarity right now is with AWS. But it’s easy to see why M$ is becoming a growing #2 with O365, Azure, etc.

I’m on the Federal Defense side. My Org uses Azure. As of late, I’d say my familiarity right now is with AWS. But it’s easy to see why M$ is becoming a growing #2 with O365, Azure, etc.
I’m on the defense side as well. I see some positions for azure but the job does say AWS as well. I’m gonna start applying for these positions and see what happens

I’m on the defense side as well. I see some positions for azure but the job does say AWS as well. I’m gonna start applying for these positions and see what happens
They have similar capabilities just with different names/branding. The UI is a lil different but similar. Templates are usually in JSON.

Where I worked, there was a huge exodus of talent. Even before that, there were only a handful of folks that had legit credentials. So it can never hurt to apply.

They have similar capabilities just with different names/branding. The UI is a lil different but similar. Templates are usually in JSON.

Where I worked, there was a huge exodus of talent. Even before that, there were only a handful of folks that had legit credentials. So it can never hurt to apply.
yeah, the job applications indicate "or able to obtain within 90 days of employment" so Im just gonna do it

Back
Top Bottom