Information Technology (IT)

Word congrats I think everything alright?

You might not want to hear this but A+ first, Security+, Net+ I personally think the A+ was harder to study for than Sec+

Yeah bro I'm thinking about changing career paths and want to get into security.

Kobe wouldbe proud b!!

damn i didnt know you worked in security mane.

I am so confused on where to go in my career next man, doing security as well.

i hate the company i work with rightnow
Thanks, where you located at?

Yeah bro I'm thinking about changing career paths and want to get into security.
Jump on in the water is fine. LOL. Yeah been in IT for close to 20 years now, only way I could manage paying for all my toys. A former coworker of mine said they are looking for a Windows Admin with scripting experience paying around $170K. If you know someone in the VA, MD, DC area looking for a job. Let me know.

Damn 170, granite that's a high COL area. I was just a Windows Server SysAd. I have another interview tomorrow for something that would utilize my T.S Clearance. In Oklahoma market is about mid-high 60s with probably up to 20k of wiggle room I'd say based on my own offers, . I know people at my last job when I was making 80k were making 55 (actually he was the team lead too lol so he had extra responsibilities) though so I guess your experience, your resume, how you come off in your interview, what you ask for, experience, timing, etc. all comes into play

willypete willypete my bad I ain't forget you bro. https://comptiaexamtest.com/ It actually has all of them, I have some direct pdfs too like a blank one without the answers then the same one with. Prayers up for a fast healing for you too

Damn 170, granite that's a high COL area. I was just a Windows Server SysAd. I have another interview tomorrow for something that would utilize my T.S Clearance. In Oklahoma market is about mid-high 60s with probably up to 20k of wiggle room I'd say based on my own offers, . I know people at my last job when I was making 80k were making 55 (actually he was the team lead too lol so he had extra responsibilities) though so I guess your experience, your resume, how you come off in your interview, what you ask for, experience, timing, etc. all comes into play

willypete willypete my bad I ain't forget you bro. https://comptiaexamtest.com/ It actually has all of them, I have some direct pdfs too like a blank one without the answers then the same one with. Prayers up for a fast healing for you too
Confidence, before I even talk to recruiters seriously I found out the income. If you aren't talking the right numbers we don't move forward, after I know you can reach my number then lets talk. None of that I have a position and would love to speak with your further. Been there and done that. Also confidence while interviewing, as long as the position you have is good I would wait until the right money came along.

What are homes costing out in OK, come on out here COL isn't that high that 170K is nothing. You can still do a lot out here with that.

Yeah you wild if you think 170k isn't more than comfortable in the DC area. That carries more than the 60k in the low COL area.

Been on a Cloud kick.

Took the CompTIA Cloud+ Beta Exam two Friday’s ago. Passed AWS Cloud Practitioner today. Circling back to go over Microsoft AZ104. Failed the exam by a couple questions.

spiderjericho spiderjericho killin it. I just been riding off this Sec+ and Windows 7 cert I got a decade ago.

Man I would come to DC or something new, I got babies though. If my first daughter's mom ever moves though. I'm bout to have to call back jobs I rejected and see if they'll still take me, take a bit less while I wait for these other ones to come through. One hiring manager I interviewed with they said he likes me but he's about to be out of office until mid Sept then he'll decide.

Yea I'm wyling, 170k is about 82$ an hr, based on 2080 hrs. Almost every company I have worked for is stationed in VA so I'd definitely stay employed whether CTR or GS. I don't know how to write scripts though, just use the ones someone else wrote usually to automate repetitive tasks or to bypass applocker.

You can get a house out for whatever you want really, probably start at $200,000 if you want something nice and go up, cheaper of course and 200k will even get you new construction at like $120/sqft if you get a bit further from the city center and go into periphery towns within 30 minute commute, but I'm not about even that commute life. I rent, I live in a 4 bed 2 bath 2 car garage duplex 1 mile or so from downtown I pay $1350. I can't find a same house in my zip code for rent right now, the closest similar one is this https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1504-NE-8th-St-Oklahoma-City-OK-73117/251120468_zpid/ I would have scooped it too, but the owner being stubborn about not putting bathroom doors up and tombout it's an "open floor plan," plus she took some shortcuts in the interest of being cheap and disguised it as rustic. It has been unrented for like 8 months, she's losing so much. Some brand new ultra modern square ones, most are 3be 2 bath 2 car garage, are renting from 1600-2000. They're going up fast, esp. in downtown/near downtown areas. My favorite new district is called Wheeler District, it's next to this park with the historic ferris wheel, going for~ $250/sqft so like a 3,000 square foot running 750k and they built then like Chicago or other NE cities I see on tv where they're tall and deep and close together.

Last edited:

Bet I’ll take a look after I’ve gone through the professor messer videos. I wonder if I’d be able to pass if I just crammed with just the videos

It's a country *** dude on Udemy too always has on a cowboy hat that people liked better than Professor Messer, a little more lively and jovial. I just crammed with that link I gave you and Darrell Gibsons online thing that was like 49.99. He has a book too but you can get it online plus resources you can log in and click through.

Ps why do i always get this ad claiming Shermar Moore is dead?

Any of yall done these 1 way video interviews? **** was brutal. You either read the question or in 1 case they had a video of the HR person asking then you got like 30 seconds to think, like up to 3 retakes in some questions and as it progressed less think time and no retakes. **** was brutal, then I got SAIC sending me an "assessment" which was just a test, **** was harder than Security +. I might just need to sell drugs, seems less stressful. All these jobs calling telling me they're going to submit then ghosting me after making me jump through all these hoops

Last edited:
Any of yall done these 1 way video interviews? **** was brutal. You either read the question or in 1 case they had a video of the HR person asking then you got like 30 seconds to think, like up to 3 retakes in some questions and as it progressed less think time and no retakes. **** was brutal, then I got SAIC sending me an "assessment" which was just a test, **** was harder than Security +. I might just need to sell drugs, seems less stressful. All these jobs calling telling me they're going to submit then ghosting me after making me jump through all these hoops
I’ve done panel interviews that were basically 1 way interviewes - they basically gave me a binder with the questions and I wouldn’t be timed, but it was awkward AF when you would have to read the question out loud in front of 5 people and then answer it on the spot and all they do is stare at you and take notes :lol:

I passed my Security plus exam today. 840 out of 900

Trying to figure out if i want to stay the security route though.
CONGRATS, on our weekly call one of my coworkers failed his and was having to retake it. Manager was not happy about that.
how do they plan to onboard start you? would love to jump from department/agency I support but max telework has me wondering if places are holding off on start dates til offices reopen
I am hearing a 14 day mandatory quarantine, then you can come in. I am trying to jump ship to something 100% remote, with daughter starting school need something with remote or evening hours. I know to many IT professionals who work remote outside of me.
Why companies playing dumb like we weren't doing regular interviews before zoom and videos. Just call the candidate on the phone and ask them questions, I swear technology making companies dumber sometimes.

congrats mane!!!

Thank you!

My advice for people who want to get into the IT field: Focus on what certifications you want and don't be afraid to apply even if the job posting says you need xyz degree and you only have abc degree. Experience will carry you far and its easy to move up in IT.

Thank you!

My advice for people who want to get into the IT field: Focus on what certifications you want and don't be afraid to apply even if the job posting says you need xyz degree and you only have abc degree. Experience will carry you far and its easy to move up in IT.
I agree with all of this as well as who you know can play a big part as well.

Congrats though. After 5 months especially during these times, you deserved a change of luck.

congrats ArmandoJF33 ArmandoJF33 I been out here almost a month myself. I have tentatively accepted like 7 or 8 though, where you get the initial call, maybe a followup more of an interview even talk salary and terms and they're like, "yea so definitely we like you, we want to move forward. I'm going to send your profile over to hr and benefits and you'll hear from Sarah in the next 2 days with a packet and an offer," or whatever BS then I don't hear back. I mean I don't discount it's possible I wasn't the best qualified candidate, or a similarly qualified candidate came in cheaper.

I wonder about that because especially with the ones where a Firm is sending you to SAIC or Northrop they are always like "pay rate is 45 an hr on w2 do you accept" and then verify my qualifications and then say yea well you're good. They get paid the same like 3k per candidate regardless so they are just submitting me at whatever they were told the high end was as a favor to me but if I wonder if that's getting me phased out.

Also theres a chance my last job isn't saying nice things about me. I wouldn't be shocked, and there's a good chance my leaving could set off a chain reaction where more people do because now that's 10 more workloads to distribute and I had all the ****tiest ones with the ****tiest patch schedules. Some of the young boys liked working 70hrs a week for the built up comp time (no OT) then take a day off on Comic Book Tuesday, but they're going to get my workloads some with weekend patch dates and not even be able to use much comp.

I am trying not to stress though, SAIC called and they want to do another final interview ASAP. They were going to do it today but someone already left, 100% remote with the Army

TLDR: Congrats to everybody out there making moves

Studying for Security+. Feeling like 70% ready for the exam. I watched Messer Videos and took some practice exams. I'm about to read a book to fill in the stuff I don't know. Have no idea what to expect for open-ended questions. I got a voucher that expires next month so I got some time

Mayne I'm still out here, jobs dickteasing me. You'll do great on the test. There were no open ended questions, just exercises where you drag and drop or match. I posted a link somewhere has the exact ones. You have to like build a lab on one, there's one where you have to identify classification level of like a phone, fax machine, classified laptop, it's easy money though once you ace those

If you want a new look after you pass, hit your boy up and I'll help you get a job here with me. The house next door to me is for rent too right now, 1200 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2 car garage maybe even a bonus room.

About to take my next cert (CEH) next month and was wondering which linux certification would be worth getting after that? Linux essentials or the CompTIA Linux +?

Back
Top Bottom