Information Technology (IT)

I am going to schedule my 3rd CEH exam take next week, it will my 3rd time in the last six months taking it. I am confident I can pass if i take my time, I dont believe I will fail, but if I do i am moving on from this exam

even though my manager has reccommended me to take it
I just passed my CEH a few days ago. Honestly, I feel like it was waay easier than Security+ when I took that. You should use "ceh.cagy.org" to study. The questions on that website are very similar to what you see on the exam. That and reading the Matt Walker CEH book helped me out a lot.

I just passed my CEH a few days ago. Honestly, I feel like it was waay easier than Security+ when I took that. You should use "ceh.cagy.org" to study. The questions on that website are very similar to what you see on the exam. That and reading the Matt Walker CEH book helped me out a lot.
man i still havent taken it cuz no confidence

i took it twice and scored a 75 which they both failed me on smfh.
what did you score if you dont mind me asking?

man i still havent taken it cuz no confidence

i took it twice and scored a 75 which they both failed me on smfh.
what did you score if you dont mind me asking?
I scored a 91%. You should try and take it again soon before they come out with CEHv11. I don't know what changes they're making to that version. Use that site I posted if you haven't heard about it already.

I scored a 91%. You should try and take it again soon before they come out with CEHv11. I don't know what changes they're making to that version. Use that site I posted if you haven't heard about it already.
damn thats a hard as$ score dude congrats again.

so u just used cagy and the matt walker book? I purchased the book after my second fail

Think I just found this apprenticeship that's going to help me get into a cyber security role.

I have my security plus, and I've been coding in python for like 2 months now. Man I just want to start my career in the field already.

I worked tech support for 3 years like 8 years ago. I'm pretty technically inclined. I was working in the oil field trying to transition back to the tech scene.

Think I just found this apprenticeship that's going to help me get into a cyber security role.

I have my security plus, and I've been coding in python for like 2 months now. Man I just want to start my career in the field already.

I worked tech support for 3 years like 8 years ago. I'm pretty technically inclined. I was working in the oil field trying to transition back to the tech scene.
good luck brother!

Even though I don't understand what's going on it's pretty cool to watch him. Dude is awesome at what he does.

Got an interview lined up at my company for a network admin position. I’ve been looking for the right opportunity to finally get me outta Help Desk and this is it. The fact it’s a pandemic and I already know the ins and outs of the company should give me a leg up over external candidates.

Soon as I stop bsin and get my sec + and net +, I’ll be that much more marketable since I have 10 years experience and my ts sci clearance.

Get those certs willypete willypete . You got it, that ts sci will take you whereever you want to go then. I'm out here in this Immigration and Customs Enforcement bldg, job is dumb easy, even with like 8 buildings across 5 cities and shared responsibility in Dallas, we get like 1 ticket a week not counting Dallas and they have their own people so I don't mess in their queue too much. But I start the FAA on next week, back and forth but think I'm all in for at least a week of overlap. FAA is going to be 100% from home for now, the ICE is like 80% from home, I just came in today because we had an Armageddon storm and just got power after 3 days and the server was down. Too easy, power surge fried the U.P.S, plugged the server rack into the wall and its good, got a new UPS too I'll plug in after hours.

Are professer messer videos enoough to pass the Security+ ? I want to take it ASAP. I was thinking that and jason dions practice tests.

Last edited:
I am currently studying for my A+ test for next week. I am going the professor messer route and paid for his notes. If you going to do the Messer way for Sec+ I encourage you to pay for the notes and watch his study groups. Lots of great info in there!

Damn I've been slacking I need to check this thread more regularly for sure.

Currently working in a Health IT (mostly DBA stuff) role for a Actuarial Consulting Agency for about a year now. I actually graduated in May of 2019 after doing a career change from Education.

I've always wanted to be a project manager. Wondering if the pivot to securities would help me get there faster?

I am currently studying for my A+ test for next week. I am going the professor messer route and paid for his notes. If you going to do the Messer way for Sec+ I encourage you to pay for the notes and watch his study groups. Lots of great info in there!

thanks bro. I took the A+ and my advice is to also watch the pluralsight videos. The messer videos aren’t enough for the A+

Multiple sources don't hurt. It's not a difficult test, but covers so much subject matter it's easy to not know it all. Also I've learned that Comptia tests are adaptive, ie if you get one wrong, you'll be given more questions in that area. So if you're not sure of a question don't answer, leave it for the end and come back to it.

Back
Top Bottom