Information Technology (IT)

All these boomers crying at the most minor changes in the upgrade to Windows 11 might just be the final push I needed to get as far away from support as possible. What a bunch of crybabies.
That complaining **** is contagious too. At my company people love to b**** on Slack and its always the usual suspects and there is always a crew that joins them :smh:

That complaining **** is contagious too. At my company people love to b**** on Slack and its always the usual suspects and there is always a crew that joins them :smh:
They will complain to the CIO because their ish isn’t working instead of going to get it resolved. Then get others to complain about past ish as well

I am hoping to transition out of Support roles this year or sometime next year. My biggest problem is deciding what I want to do next in IT. Luckily I am not just tied to the Helpdesk, I have other responsibilities but I have been lazy after getting a better gig last year with higher pay. There are days that I literally don't have anything to do :lol: But At the end of the day It is still a Support role and users will never change so I don't want to get too comfortable.

Last edited:
More end users than not don't even bother trying. For them it's easier to fire off an email, ticket, teams message, etc than to make sure it's not something they're doing or not doing. The entitlement is bunch much at times, sad to say.

Someone pulled some bs like that recently. Claimed they were unable to work and that they reported the issue a while ago. Dumb on their behalf because it lead to their logon activity getting looked into and then the magnifying glass was on them. Their work started to come into question and they ended up getting fired.

Some people are just lazy like that.. They love when something isn't "working" so they can have an excuse for not getting work done and blame it on IT.

• CCNP Network Engineer – Baltimore area
  • Collaboration Engineer (hybrid)-DC
  • UC/Collaboration Architect-DMV/NC
  • Senior Network Engineer/Network Architect – DMV
  • Network Architect – Automation – DMV/NC
  • Jr Network Engineer – CCNA (2 total) – Baltimore area
  • Systems Security Analyst – Splunk (3 total) – Baltimore area
  • Network Security Engineer – Checkpoint – Baltimore area
  • ISE Admin – Baltimore area

I can shoot referrals which will at least guarantee an interview for these positions with my company.

4.3/5 rating on glassdoor. shoot me a DM if interested.

I wish recruiters would segway to salary requirements very quickly. Or find a nice way to get to the point. The salary's they be wanting is sickening at times.

I remember I saw this tiktoker telling users to always highball your salary requirement and have that mindset.

she was working a job making like 75k or something and a recruiter called her.

she told the recruiter shes not looking for a job right now but if she had to leave it would have to be $200k.

the recruiter said the company can do that and she eventually got the job.

Yep.

I negotiate with a crazy high number and then a range that I’m comfortable with.

So if I left my current place I would ask for 185k but I could settle in the range of 155k-165k.

That way the recruiter knows that if they need to fill the position then they can get me for the high number or the somewhere in the range. If they go below my range then it’s an automatic no. Lol

I'm in my early 40's and have been doing desktop support for over 20+ years. I still like what I do and get paid well but I'm really considering getting a PMP cert and moving onto project management work.

Every time I get an email “what is the salary range for this position?” If they respond then I continue, if not then I delete and keep it moving.
I gotta get up to the tri state although idk about leaving my babies for too long. Got an email about a sys admin at ibm for 108/hr in iirc Blackburg, Va. Not tons of ts-sci work in Oklahoma City, and when recruiters call and I tell them I need 90 to consider it they be like oh we budgeted 82 and I just dont hear back. Well I did get DirectViz to budge a whole 1k on a DISA virtualization position

I remember I saw this tiktoker telling users to always highball your salary requirement and have that mindset.

she was working a job making like 75k or something and a recruiter called her.

she told the recruiter shes not looking for a job right now but if she had to leave it would have to be $200k.

the recruiter said the company can do that and she eventually got the job.
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Im comfortable at my current job right now and planning on looking later this year but am open to opportunities at the moment. Still in service desk, tier II so I didn’t know if I should give the recruiter my preferred salary but just didn’t want too high of a salary in fear it would be too high.

I'm in my early 40's and have been doing desktop support for over 20+ years. I still like what I do and get paid well but I'm really considering getting a PMP cert and moving onto project management work.

Let me know if you have any questions about the PMP. I found it easier than people made it out to be.

Let me know if you have any questions about the PMP. I found it easier than people made it out to be.
I heard its a 200 question cert test.

I’m looking at signing up for a college extension 6 month program. Self studying isn’t really my thing. Also my job and union will reimburse me for the course which is around 3500K to 4200K

Interesting topic I was gonna make this thread on this situation I’m in and could use some help but I’d start by asking what happens when you go viral? If your WiFi has been hacked can an attacker steal that info and commit fraud and how do they go about that? Is there any way to recover from that sort of cyber attack?

Interesting topic I was gonna make this thread on this situation I’m in and could use some help but I’d start by asking what happens when you go viral? If your WiFi has been hacked can an attacker steal that info and commit fraud and how do they go about that? Is there any way to recover from that sort of cyber attack?

assuming youre using a router for your house

use WPA3, turn off telnet, hide your ssid, and have a strong pw.

however if a hacker really wanted to, they can hack your wifi.

I couldnt follow his post. He said viral and I was thinking have a social media post get millions of views and somehow someone use your fame to target you to hack you or something

Turns out thag Boeing position did in fact pump fake me. Allegedly the job has been cancelled. Most likely somebody hired their hommies. **** was like 110k with the goal to transition into an engineer position at 170k in 6 to 12 months

Back
Top Bottom