Information Technology (IT)

found out my current company will pay bonuses for certs - the $10K for SAFe Program Consultant caught my eye.

I know the lower-level SAFe certs are pay-to-play, but need to verify if this one is as well or if folks need to apply like the PMP.

Man I studied to long for my AWS CCP. I wanted a small win for confidence. But since I've been studying for SAA, there's a lot of overlap.
I think I'm going to take the the Security Specialty exam (SCS-C01) next but I'm definitely going to take SAA. I heard that one has a lot of overlap for CCP and the rest of the Associate exams. Good luck bro:smokin

I’ve been sitting on a free voucher for the Cisco CyberOps exam for about two months now.

I need to lock in so I’m ready to test but man I have absolutely no interest in cybersecurity.

DID you go through andrian Cantrill or stephan marrekks course?

I'm going to start labbing hard acloudguru.
Trying to sit for SAA by the end of January.

Steez do you work in cloud space directly?

DID you go through andrian Cantrill or stephan marrekks course?

I'm going to start labbing hard acloudguru.
Trying to sit for SAA by the end of January.

Steez do you work in cloud space directly?

I went with stephane first since he talked pretty fast and then I used the labs and playground in acloudguru.

Yes, I work for a DoD contract company/firm. We’re going deep into cloud services and platforms next year and beyond.

I went with stephane first since he talked pretty fast and then I used the labs and playground in acloudguru.

Yes, I work for a DoD contract company/firm. We’re going deep into cloud services and platforms next year and beyond.
I used Stephane for my CCP. < Don't judge. .:lol:

I wanted a change so I tried Cantrill. I feel like cantrills is getting to long, because it's more focused on you building actual skills. Like I'm not teaching you how to pass the exam, but Once you soak up all this info and do the labs you should be able to pass the test regardless. Which is not bad, but I don't have mad hours to study so it's taking me longer.

Right not I work Contract for Air Force. I found that they are trying to build up cloudone(air Force cloud) instead of using the providers. So, I'm trying to find my way into that. Or whatever cloud gig once I get this SAA out of the way.

Working right now but have been thinking about getting AWS certs. Two years into my first developer job but want to find somewhere new for more pay. I heard job market is tough right now with layoffs so I'm chilling until economy settles down. Another developer at my job got laid off recently. Not sure if it was recession related or just performance or a combination but hopefully economy recovers soon. Heard a lot of companies are doing mass layoffs.

I bought the cloud practioner course from stephane maarek on udemy. Then gonna try to get all the associate level certs solutions architect, dev associate, and sysops admin and probably stop there.

Sometimes the recruiters are clutch. I received an email for a position from a recruiter a couple of weeks ago. I was honest and told her I wasn't looking, but this opportunity looked pretty solid. Add to the fact, God rest his soul, that my father worked at this same place before. She present to them my resume and my asking salary number. The boss schedules an interview with me and oddly enough he doesn't make the interview due to an emergency. Reschedule the interview for the following week. Meet the guy and he's pretty cool and he liked me. He then has me interview with the team. That went pretty well. Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the director. The official title would be OPS Team Lead and would get me completely away from helpdesk activities as I'm burned out from it at this point. Add to that it would be a $20K pay increase as well. Plus I would only be in the office a couple days a week.

found out my current company will pay bonuses for certs - the $10K for SAFe Program Consultant caught my eye.

I know the lower-level SAFe certs are pay-to-play, but need to verify if this one is as well or if folks need to apply like the PMP.

I had to take a 4 day class for it. Just passed a few days ago. The practice test they provide is easier than the actual exam, so don’t let that fool you.

Last edited:
I’ve got 0 knowledge on networking. I’m about to rent an office that has hardwired internet only. They’re letting me setup wifi. All I need is a router right? Nothing else? Just plug in the Ethernet cord to any type of router and I should be able to wirelessly connect right? Lol.

I’ve got 0 knowledge on networking. I’m about to rent an office that has hardwired internet only. They’re letting me setup wifi. All I need is a router right? Nothing else? Just plug in the Ethernet cord to any type of router and I should be able to wirelessly connect right? Lol.

is this office in a much bigger building? the office should already have routers and access points for wifi. you may need to contact the network admin of the building.

im unfamiliar with renting office space but i doubt you can just go in there and plug your own router, as that is a huge security concern.

someone correct me if im wrong.

Back
Top Bottom