Information Technology (IT)

Ready to dip from my SCCM/MECM role. They’re trying to get me to learn the Operating System Deployment (OSD) side more. I’m ready to try something new and looking for a pay bump.
Call this guy and tell him you want +10k whatever you make now. Hell you might even double up

Software Application Admin (SCCM/MECM) - Remote Inbox

Omar Abdul 3:35 PM to …….✓

Hi,

How are you doing? This is Omar Abdul from Panzer Solutions, LLC

Greeting from Panzer Solutions, we have been in this industry for a decade now serving our clients and candidates. Please see the requirements below and let me know if you are interested in moving forward.

Job Role: Software Application Admin (SCCM/MECM)

Years of experience: 6+

Top languages: SCCM/MECM KPI vulnerabilities experience and OS Health troubleshooting experience

We are seeking a skilled and experienced SCCM/MECM Client Health and Systems Engineer to join our team and take charge of driving down vulnerabilities in both our corporate and physical environments. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in maintaining and improving SCCM/MECM client health, addressing OS health issues, managing OS end-of-life transitions, overseeing Windows 10/11 build updates, handling Microsoft and Office patching, third-party patching, and ensuring compliance with configuration baselines.

Day-Day Responsibilities: SCCM/MECM Client Health: Monitor, assess, and enhance the health of SCCM/MECM clients across the organization. Identify and address client health issues promptly to ensure

IMG_2487.png

IMG_2488.png

A quick update; I passed my network+ exam this morning. In the process of obtaining this cert, I landed a help desk position in the public sector. I think I’m getting paid decently for it being my first official IT job.

I’ll start working towards CCNA and security+ next. Thank you to all for the advice shared in this thread. :nthat:
What up NT fam, I’m back with another update. I passed my security+ exam this morning!! :nthat:

I plan on staying at my current position for a year, and then maybe seeing what’s out there in the cybersecurity world. Can’t stop won’t stop until I see 6 figures.

Even in cybersecurity there are different specialties. You could be policy, compliance, risk management, blue team/SOC, red team, etc.

I work with a cybersecurity architect. His work ethic and quality of work are lol. But all he’s really responsible for is logging, network taps, etc.

I’d definitely learn Linux. How to use Nessus and CVEs or secure configuration. On the other side, what vulnerability>exploits are and if you want to be a pen tester how to. It can be a rewarding profession I assume.

Even in cybersecurity there are different specialties. You could be policy, compliance, risk management, blue team/SOC, red team, etc.

I work with a cybersecurity architect. His work ethic and quality of work are lol. But all he’s really responsible for is logging, network taps, etc.

I’d definitely learn Linux. How to use Nessus and CVEs or secure configuration. On the other side, what vulnerability>exploits are and if you want to be a pen tester how to. It can be a rewarding profession I assume.
I’ll have to look into this. I really appreciate the advice! It’s amazing how vast the IT career field can be.

I have a lot to learn, but my work ethic and quick-learning will hopefully get me where I want to be.

I’m telling ya. The material (forget about the test) in the CCNA Cyber Ops, eJPT, and CySA are great for blue teaming. + Linux. You can lab most of the stuff in Virtualbox or VM Player.

And that OSCP…once you pop…you’ll never stop. Again the eCPTT is a good primer.

But you can also read up on new CVEs, spin up Kali VM along with Windows 10 and a vulnVM (forget the name of the freely available VM with the vulnerabilities built in).

But it just depends on what kind of job you’re trying to get.

Do tell…

"What are the top 100 most common words and phrases used in job application postings for frontend software engineer roles in 2023"

Probably how I would use it. Then curate my resume by liberally molding any real professional experience around the answer to the prompt.

Not much different than using a keyword analyzer to sort through job postings which has been a thing for a while.

If applying online, resumes should be written to match a database not to connect with an actual human being.

I maintain a separate resume for opportunities derived from actual acquaintances and personal interactions.

man my current job did me kind of dirty, but I have been on contract 2 weeks and literally not had to do anything so I can only be but so mad. We agreed to a number, 6 figures, after the interview then they ghosted me a while. High key after expecting then finally recieving the verbal offer I was extra checked out from the job I had at that time (had been so anyways) then like I said over a week passed and I'm like yo did they change their mind, so I emailed everyone who I had an email for and thanked them just to F5 my name in their head and got an email like "oh yea the vice president hasnt signed off on your offer sheet yet, " so I'm thinking maybe he thinks the number (6 figures) is too high or something and sure enough like a few days later I get a call from a different HR person like hey I'm taking over your process, offer will be emailed shortly for you to digitally sign and its 5k less. I signed it but fam, the difference in that 5 k because of where it is is massive

tldr: job verbally offered me 1xx,xxx$
didn't call or email me for weeks
finally reengaged with a -5k offer like nothing happened

Nah that's dirty, you should be mad.

As a man of my word, I couldn't do that to someone. If I absolutely had to for business reasons, i'd explain first.

Maybe I could have, but it's still more than I was making and hybrid and I really didn't want to stay where I was. I think that contract is going to get pulled soon, maybe they make it a little past October if they're lucky but they hired this new guy who IMO is going to accelerate the process of the Air Force realizing they dont need the contract and/or at least it needs to be reworked for less contractors and more succinct job descriptions or the turnover will remain UPS like despite being probably upper 5%ile paying in OKC.

but like I said, it put me in a position where I was thinking damn maybe 1xx,xxx is too much and that that must've been the holdup. Either way, I ain't no more loyal than **** in an old Chris Brown/Tyga song so as soon as someone offers your boy back into 6 figure land, 2 week notice is firing up

Nah, I was at my last job. We'll say the company is Letos but I was a contractor at a Cybersecurity squadron of the air force, I was at Letos when, we'll say BZR called, and I interviewed with BZR and agreed to 6 figures verbally. Obviously they always agree and then theyre like lookout for an email from HR with your official Offer letter to sign which usually takes a day at most, maybe 2, but they left me out there for over a week

. Didnt put in the 2 weeks at Letos yet but my attitude was definitely of yes I'm finally out this *****, leaving early(ier), coming late(r), etc because I got a new gig just waiting on the offer from BZR. But BZR dragged on long enough that the worst thing ever (getting a verbal offer then it never materializing) seemed like it was happening so when they popped back up finally I was like yea well that's still a lot for the area and it seems implied the original offer maybe was the problem/hold up.

Or it could have been a series of coincidence/miscommunications on their end but I didnt want to risk it

But I recently found out the Site Lead (who is just the site lead over 2 people including himself lol so basically just more senior than the other local guy) was making 110. He got his clearance revoked last week and got pulled from the contract. I had to go drive to his house and pick up his CAC, Sipr token, and laptops and turn them in. That was the busiest day of work I have had, maybe an hour total

Last edited:
yeah nah, I would asked about my original offer. If they gave me a reason as to why and it's in reason then you can make the decision to sign or not.
Me personally, I'd sign and look for another gig..someone out there will pay you the money you're looking for

this company called me for an interview, they are like 30 miles away, which in LA means an hour to hour and a half commute
they said they want 5 days a week onsite :lol:
thats crazy to me

ISC2 - FREE Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Online Self-Paced Training and exams to one million people. This is an entry level certification. The exam voucher is included.

Unfortunately, I don’t qualify since I have CISSP. Would’ve been nice as it knocks off one of the courses for WGU’s Master program.
"What are the top 100 most common words and phrases used in job application postings for frontend software engineer roles in 2023"

Probably how I would use it. Then curate my resume by liberally molding any real professional experience around the answer to the prompt.

Not much different than using a keyword analyzer to sort through job postings which has been a thing for a while.

If applying online, resumes should be written to match a database not to connect with an actual human being.

I maintain a separate resume for opportunities derived from actual acquaintances and personal interactions.
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot on Sunday.

I’m low key tired of my job. But I need to cert up a lil (PMP and a few cloud) to either pivot to a cloud role or use my experience to nab a network engineer in a more healthy environment.

The place I work is usual DoD incompetent environment. Off of retirement, just seems toxic. Government doesn’t really do anything. Leave it mostly to the contractor mafia. My work area engages in way too many frat house pranks and too much talking. The organization is implementing SCRUM and ADO. But my manager never holds meetings. There is 0 knowledge management, documentation, etc. We’re moving toward SDN (DNAC and ACI mixed with ISE). Most of the newer engineers don’t have experience including me. But they’re like just crack open a book vice give a Cisco U subscription or pay for classes. When I started the position, I ignored a position from WWT and Microsoft. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom