Interested in the IT Field

Hola NT compadres,

Been looking to do some training to get into the IT field. Besides the CompTias, what else what I need to do in order to get into the IT field w/o a degree?

Windows 7, need the 70-680 and the 70-686. Go to examcollection.com and download a few test banks, practice and study off those for 2 weeks, ace the exam. That's all you need to get in on the Government level as a contractor or a GS, probably start at a 9. If you want to go into Server Admin or Sharepoint Admin, then there are specific tests for that.

I made a thread about a week ago too about this guy we deal with on Fort Sill, learn how to program Crestrons. It kind of falls more under A/V, but those dudes get PAID for a process that is basically tantamount to loading firmware and some editing of code and takes 15 minutes. They tried to hire dude as a GS 12 and he said no, because it would be a paycut from just charging them per job and since nobody else in like a 2 state radius does it, they oblige.

Last edited:
Yea, and I have the new manual for the Comptia A+ and some java boks and what not. Just wanna start getting into it if law school doesn't pan out

Windows 7, need the 70-680 and the 70-686. Go to examcollection.com and download a few test banks, practice and study off those for 2 weeks, ace the exam. That's all you need to get in on the Government level as a contractor or a GS, probably start at a 9. If you want to go into Server Admin or Sharepoint Admin, then there are specific tests for that.

I made a thread about a week ago too about this guy we deal with on Fort Sill, learn how to program Crestrons. It kind of falls more under A/V, but those dudes get PAID for a process that is basically tantamount to loading firmware and some editing of code and takes 15 minutes. They tried to hire dude as a GS 12 and he said no, because it would be a paycut from just charging them per job and since nobody else in like a 2 state radius does it, they oblige.

Yeah when I used to work for a projector manufacturer, anything to do with the crestron boxes were out of our scope, but the guys who support it would call in all the damn time. Used to piss me off dudes getting paid 3 times I was to know this stuff didn't.

Get the comptias and maybe the MS ones like dude said, most important though is experience. So don't overcert beyond your level of experience, real IT firms can smell that. And don't be stagnant in this field, if you see a better position your cert or your current role prepares you for, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom