interesting interview with Penny Hardaway from 1996 vol. damn

You don't see interviews like that nowadays. Every player seem to say the same thing in every interview. Penny was that dude in the 90's along withGrant Hill. They were suppose to take the league into another level but too bad their injuries derailed their careers.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

He should've joined up with Phoenix this season. just by looking at how they've resurged the careers of Grant Hill, Shaq, and maybe Strom.

i still remember that game against New Jersey when Penny and D. Wade put up a good game!!!
yea its kinda crazy how Grant Hill is actually productive now after what he's been through with injuries
there were rumors in the summer, Phoenix was gonna bring on Allan Houston
wonder what kind of magic they're doing over in Phoenix

is Penny ever gonna do a press conference and officially retire
ohwell.gif
Why the hell would somebody call a press conference toretire if they're not even on a team?

penny was that dude. i had a conversation with a friend of mine about how we cant believe orlando did not win a championship with that line up, while jordanwas playing baseball.
penny, shaq, nick anderson, dennis scott, grant...cmon...

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

penny was that dude. i had a conversation with a friend of mine about how we cant believe orlando did not win a championship with that line up, while jordan was playing baseball.
penny, shaq, nick anderson, dennis scott, grant...cmon...
they were a very young team but they were good...just couldn't handle the experience of hakeem and the rockets

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

is Penny ever gonna do a press conference and officially retire
ohwell.gif
Why the hell would somebody call a press conference to retire if they're not even on a team?
so he's just gonna fade away? doesnt he have to like sign papers or something to the league for an official retirement

Originally Posted by Roll 22

Can only imagine how good the Magic would of been if Hardaway and O'Neil would of played together all there careers.

I'm never one to do this, but O'Neal... Not O'Neil ;p

alright penny is cool and all that. but he was not arguably the best in the game when there still was that dude in chicago.

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

alright penny is cool and all that. but he was not arguably the best in the game when there still was that dude in chicago.
no one saying he was the best in the game when jordan was playing

Penny is in his prime before his injuries was appreciated. But at the same time back then in the mid 90's dude was getting comparisons and being called thenext Magic Johnson .

Anyone know what Penny is up to now? Is he playing somewhere in Europe ?

Penny was THAT dude in the 90's. He was one of, if not my favorite, player in the NBA back in the 90's.

I still have this thing in my room that I begged my pops for when I was really young.
laugh.gif

8ed26b81e7452dc9e12f0358513f515a6d42293e.jpg

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

ladies and gentlemen, don't think negatively
smh.gif
dude was kobe before there was a kobe.

true... I'm a Laker fan, and a Penny fan... when the Lakers got Kobe, i remember thinking that hopefully he will be as good as Penny

If it weren't for injuries, the 'torched' should have been passed from Jordan to Penny.. then Penny to Kobe. Like now we're seeing it passedfrom Kobe to LeBron.

Originally Posted by 531

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

no one saying he was the best in the game when jordan was playing

watch the video one more time.

I still remember when I bought this issue of SLAM back in the day:

30penny.jpg

tired.gif

To bad he never did get his revenge and get back to the superstar level he once was at.

Here what SLAM said:

[h1]SLAM 30[/h1]

Penny Hardaway was coming off his worst season, as the injuries started the slow process of reducing him from top 5 to serviceable veteran player. He was supposed to come back better than ever, but he just wasn't explosive any more. There would be no revenge. This cover became foreshadowing for Grant Hill's Orlando career more than anything else.

Link:

http://slamonline.com/onl...gorized/2006/08/slam-30/

Back
Top Bottom