Interscope Records cancels Cheif Keef's tours and plan to drop him off label

He was an indie juggernaut before Ye', I Don't Like was everywhere, his mixtape was on Pitchfork of all places and I had heard of son's hype long before then.
How do you even think Ye' got wind of him? It ain't like he got his ear to the streets like that. All YT numbers are fuzzy but to say he isn't popular in the 18-25 crowd is just false.
Bad rep with club promoters? He gets booked everywhere. If Waka & Gucci can have sustainable careers, Keef definitely can as well.
You don't have to sell millions and tour the world to be "alright" that's obviously not his lane but you already have seen the Boosies & Yo Gotti's of the world make a killing in Keef's market.
A lot of you older dudes underestimate his popularity amongst the younger crowd, he's not going anywhere unless he gets locked up (which is likely unfortunately)
Man i know he was known in Chicago and making his ways before the remix but "buzzin" is an overstatement. Pitchfork & Fakeshore are Chicago based blogs wasnt **** for him to be on there. And I already told yall how that Ye' remixed came about. I use to get his music mailed to me all the time in '10. My OG and his manager Dro like brothers and me Chop been cool since Flocka first album. I helped get him on WB radar for his deal tryin to get him placements with BS.

So I been knew about dem ******

All Im sayin is Keef aint gettin booked like that. Club/bar owners be interested until they find out son a minor he cant tour like these 30 year olds. His first show in the ATL was the one last week where he aint even show up & cost ****** money. ****** in Memphis aint ******g with him cause he canceled 3 shows. I dont even think he's crossed the Mississippi tour wise yet.

I feel like I be rantin on this ***** but I just be tellin you what I know & see first hand.
Off Topic, but what do you do, I just know you are involved in the music industry

LMAO at this thread foreal, i thought i was the only one not feeling Keef! Sad part half these kids dont even know what Keef is.

Wow, Interscope really dropped him!? I actually enjoyed his very surprisingly good debut album. The replay value and production is crazy. Sucks cause he has a daughter too. I guess you really do need some type of talent to stay around in the music business.

Wow, Interscope really dropped him!? I actually enjoyed his very surprisingly good debut album. The replay value and production is crazy. Sucks cause he has a daughter too. I guess you really do need some type of talent to stay around in the music business.

They didn't drop him.. OP just titled the thread incorrectly

I heard this dude name, but never heard his music.. So i googled him to see what the fuss is about.. imo dude is garbage, if he was rapping back in the 90s he would be a legend but that era of hip hop has pass, look like his 15 mins have passed
?????????

I'm confused by this too. It's actually quite the opposite. If Chief Keef came out in the early 90's, he would've stayed buried in Chicago barely being a 1 hit wonder. Chief Keef benefits from the youtube generation. You can thank Soulja Boy and "Crank Dat" for that.

I personally don't any _'s over 21 thats bumping his album. _'s listen to Jeezy, Gucci, Yo Gotti or Flocka for that sound. He does have a fan base though so he should be fine if he's smart.

I'm 27 and I listen to everybody you mentioned. It really just depends on the situation.

I live in the hood. No one is playing him around here. New York aint Dallas. You guys think because you hear him your hood he's in every hood. Thats not the case. He doesnt have the catalog or appeal to replicate the success that Gucci, Waka and other trap artists have.

What borough?

if interscope drops him, maybe one of the labels that were interested in him before might pick him up...
keef is the truth and is the leader of the new school......
we finally get real hip hop back and interscope is doing nothing to help groom him
misleading title btw.....

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

Y'all crazy. Dude does not care about a major deal. :lol:

If dude gets dropped, he will continue to get free beats from Chop and other Chi producers, continue to get free videos shot from Hi-Def and other Chi videographers, continue to flood the streets with free music, and will be able to easily charge 10k+ for club appearances. Getting signed and dropping an album would be icing on the cake. Y'all acting like dude was tryna be the next Ye. Son don't care about a Grammy lol.​

Think about where he was a year ago at this time and where he is now. Keef gonna be fine.​
:lol:

thats da only ***** eating outta that whole chicago blow up.

there's no way he's giving his beats for free anymore, even to chief if it all goes to ****.

lil durk is paid i think.

I doubt he gets dropped, and there will still be a tour probably, just smaller venues.

im sure he can command 10-20 thousand a show , assuming he got 360'd they could get their money back 

asap
Not a chance. 

I bet he books between 5-8k cash a show plus cost of getting there (airfare and hotel.)

He probably has stupid demands like he needs 15 people with him and 6 hotel rooms, so there goes his payday. So thats 15 plane tickets x $300.  6 Hotel rooms(1 night) x $150.  Thats $5400, on top of the 5-8k cash he is getting in his pocket, comes out between $10,400 and $13,400 to book him and get him to your venue.  

He couldnt sell out a 2,500 seat venue for a $20 ticket anywhere but his hometown, if he could even do that, which is about what it would take for a 15-20K payday for him. 

For real.

Who, outside of Chicago, is actually going to go to a Chief Keef concert?

With all the hype surrounding this guy for THIS long, you would think he'd be doing alot better marketing wise 
laugh.gif
. Sad to see a young kid not taking advantage of all his resources and opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom