Into The Badlands(Amc Sunday)

Discussion in 'General' started by mugen81, Nov 17, 2015.

1. mugen81

mugen81

[​IMG]
    My man Daniel Wu might have a hit on his hands.
    Action scenes are on point, just hope the writing can stay fresh..
    The Dante outfit from Devil May Cry though😭😭😎

2. Fozzy Badfeet

Fozzy Badfeet

This show has potential.

I tuned in because I remember Daniel Wu from an old film called Gen-X Cops.

You're right the action scenes are legit, I'm simply hoping the show doesn't become too cheesy with the dialogue and the series continues to get better.

3. Master Zik

Master Zik

As already mentioned, show has a lot of potential.

Loved the action scenes. Hope they keep it up. The premise is good.

4. rfx45

rfx45

Premiere was a bit predictable but overall enjoyable.

Will watch. Is it always going to follow TWD every Sunday?

5. Master Zik

Master Zik

I think so.

6. tr1ll

tr1ll

I was stoked when I saw the trailers. Was on the road Sunday night so I missed the premier.

Was this any good? Im still watching on the strength its a Kung fu series, we need more of those.

Is it me or is AMC lightweight the GOAT network?

7. illphillip

illphillip

I liked it. Will keep watching.

8. millenial

millenial

They didn't mess around and had that fight scene in the first 5 mins.  The scene in the rain was dope too.   Well choreographed martial arts.  Only other tv show with quality fight scenes is banshee

9. Master Zik

Master Zik

One thing I'm not buying is in the intro they said that after all these great wars guns were banished :lol: Not believable.

Before I thought this was just a world where the technology for guns were never created which to me is better (I'm guessing bombs and other explosives too). So everybody was forced to get on their sword grind or other handheld blades.

I'm betting there's a baron with a stockpile of guns and ammo ready to strike :lol:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  10. millenial

millenial

[​IMG]   Pretty much, when you have 7 warlords in this situation they'd be in an arms race.  The most unbelievable part of the show.  I like how AMC actually giving the asian dudes some yambs.  Glenn with a nice white girl and Sunny got a redbone in here.  

11. jaysrcrak

jaysrcrak

Yeah Sonny got a bad little redbone.
    He got the yambs and start contemplating life decisions. :lol:

I wasnt really buying the no gun thing either but they had to explain it somehow so I just took it for what was.
    Fight scenes were nice tho.

Sonny aint no ***. Leaned his sword against the bike in that first scene, knowin he aint need it to handle them dudes.

12. hand2handking

hand2handking

banshee fights better than this

this is like too choreographed

13. HEATHEN

HEATHEN

Saw the 15 minute preview.

Wasn't feeling it.

Why do dudes always stand in circles in kung fu flicks and charge guys one at a time?

Why?????....

So basically that's going to be what the whole series gon be without guns.

Big circle jerks of death.

14. herbshuttles15

herbshuttles15

I was up for this then, watched it and was highkey disappointed. I'm shocked AMC approved this, felt like a SyFy show.

15. Master Zik

Master Zik

There's very few tv shows and movies that depict really good entertaining fights that are realistic. Everybody ends up being slightly well trained or straight up professionals when they're suppose to be regular ppl (that's fine for this show cuz they're selling the idea that without guns ppl had to get better with the hands and other weapons).

The reason they stand in circles and attack one at a time is cuz back in the samurai days ppl actually fought like that. Even back in Europe from England to Italy there was this sort of one at a time fighting thing when it was on many. Part of the logic is if they all attack at once it's easier to dodge but of course it doesn't have to be all attacking they can mix it up with 2 or 3 ppl attacking simultaneously and whoever is left attacking immediately after. Then there's the whole honor part to it if you're fighting someone who values that. You can take that back to the days of the Romans and Greeks.

As far as in entertainment, I think somebody depicted that sort of fighting in a movie and it got really popular and so other filmmakers started copying and then claiming it's based on how fights really were kinda ignoring that there's more dirty fighters than fair fighters.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  16. rfx45

rfx45

The samurai fight in the rain was more or less all versus one so it isn't going to be the same formula all the time.

At the end of the day, they got to make it look good on the screen so you just got to try and enjoy it and if it annoys you then simply avoid the show.

I mean if you're going to get technical, their fighting technique/styles isn't exactly the most efficient or best to use in actual fights. Most of the positions and hits has to look good on the screen first and foremost.

I believe it has been stated that Bruce Lees punches were too fast for regular 24 frame rate cameras and he had to be filmed in 32 frame rates and then slow the film down so that the audience could see it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  17. mugen81

mugen81

Wonder how this training + war will go..

18. Master Zik

Master Zik

I'm assuming Baron Quinn has some inoperable cancer tumor (not that I think these ppl have the tech to do any kind of surgery) and then his doctor's knowledge of this was too dangerous for him to trust him with. Hippocratic oath don't exist in this world.

I'm interested in M.K.'s training even though I think he's a lame.

The Widow was looking fierce this ep.

:lol: @ how some ppl died this ep though. Like I'm suppose to believe everybody just has that arm strength to snap necks and break arms.

19. jaysrcrak

jaysrcrak

The circle jerk wasnt so bad this episode. Saw some 5 v 1 and 3 v 1 in the warehouse scene with Sonny.
    Baron Quinn was cold blooded in the doctor scene. No love in the Badlands.

The writing is not bad. I like the pacing and introduction of new conflict so far.
    Io also like that they are giving the audience what we came for. Every episode starts off with action.

I will keep watching.

20. millenial

millenial

Sunny is 1 bad mofo, taking out all those nomads.  I'm guessing only person that can see him in 1 on 1 combat would be Quinn?