INVINCIBLE Official Series Thread - Amazon Prime - Season 2

This is the Mandalorian not FvWS

They mix in a lot of side missions as individual episodes.

Is that fair?

I binged, I'll take the L, but the first 2 ans last 2 episodes were about Omni Man, the other 4 were just throw away stories.

IMO.

The Mars episode.
The "Rockman" episode.
The Robot episode.

Those really didn't have anything to do with Omni Man or the killings.
The entire show is about Mark Grayson a.k.a. Invincible (the title of the show).

From the first ep it should be clear Omni Man is the villain and as the father of the main character the secret that he's a murderer will eventually be discovered.

The whole series solely follows Mark as he becomes a teenage superhero, learning how to do the right thing as he balances it out with his regular high school life. Everything from getting a costume, teaming up with a villain to take down a bigger villain, the cyborg's at the college campus, helping the astronauts on Mars, the interdimensional invasion, etc. is all about Mark's journey.

The stuff with Robot getting a human body, the blue scientist clones, the street level villain taking over his boss's empire, stuff with Eve are all subplots.

There's no way you could've watched that entire season and think it was about Omni Man or that he was the main character. Especially given how little screen time he gets in comparison to Invincible.

Shoot, I don't even look at any Omni-Man stuff as a separate story. It's just different parts of one story.

Yes.

I think the Omni Man story was the center.

The entire show is about Mark Grayson a.k.a. Invincible (the title of the show).

From the first ep it should be clear Omni Man is the villain and as the father of the main character the secret that he's a murderer will eventually be discovered.

The whole series solely follows Mark as he becomes a teenage superhero, learning how to do the right thing as he balances it out with his regular high school life. Everything from getting a costume, teaming up with a villain to take down a bigger villain, the cyborg's at the college campus, helping the astronauts on Mars, the interdimensional invasion, etc. is all about Mark's journey.

The stuff with Robot getting a human body, the blue scientist clones, the street level villain taking over his boss's empire, stuff with Eve are all subplots.

There's no way you could've watched that entire season and think it was about Omni Man or that he was the main character. Especially given how little screen time he gets in comparison to Invincible.

The show STARTED and ENDED with his storyline.

Yeah i'm not getting what you're putting down, this is a serial about Mark's life. Individual little incidents happen just like any other serial.

Bad choice of word.

The Boys.... 1 story.

This has multiple episodes dedicated to different stories.

I wasn't using this as a negative.

Im confused on the push back lol.

Bad choice of word.

The Boys.... 1 story.

This has multiple episodes dedicated to different stories.

I wasn't using this as a negative.

Im confused on the push back lol.
There's no push back, just your misunderstanding confusing things.

Yes.

I think the Omni Man story was the center.

The show STARTED and ENDED with his storyline.
And?

So?

It was set up to start the season as the underlying mystery/investigation (started by the demon detective, picked up by the mom, then Cecil) and the big reveal to end the season which specifically impacted the main character.

It was all about Mark.

I can't explain it any other way cuz I don't understand how you misunderstood what you watched. Its pretty much the same way in the comics. Omni-Man is just a bad guy with a personal connection to the hero.

Just cuz a show starts and ends with the antagonist as the main adversary doesn't mean the antagonist is the protagonist.

So I'm not crazy?
As long as you understand that Omni-Man is the villain of the story. Not the main character.

Its not his story cuz the show doesn't follow him.

This is no different than watching a season of Justice League Unlimited. There's no way you could watch that and say this is a story about Lex Luthor and Darkseid.

I hope you'll be prepared for s2 when the main villain is somebody else and Omni-Man maybe gets a few scenes if one episode.

And?

So?

It was set up to start the season as the underlying mystery/investigation (started by the demon detective, picked up by the mom, then Cecil) and the big reveal to end the season which specifically impacted the main character.

It was all about Mark.

I can't explain it any other way cuz I don't understand how you misunderstood what you watched. Its pretty much the same way in the comics. Omni-Man is just a bad guy with a personal connection to the hero.

Just cuz a show starts and ends with the antagonist as the main adversary doesn't mean the antagonist is the protagonist.

I didn't read the comics.

This is brand new material to me.

All I'm asking is for NT to be gentle and understanding of my view point of a first time watcher.

🥺

The concept of hero/villains is a theme in the series. It gets developed over time and probably impacts most of the characters.

I wouldn’t say Omniman is the “villain.”

I didn't read the comics.

This is brand new material to me.

All I'm asking is for NT to be gentle and understanding of my view point of a first time watcher.

🥺
No. I was just saying had you read the comics its pretty much the same way as the show (some changes and more material) so I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion.

But I assume things will be more obvious to you after seasons 2 and 3.

The concept of hero/villains is a theme in the series. It gets developed over time and probably impacts most of the characters.

I wouldn’t say Omniman is the “villain.”
Oh trust he definitely is.

Can that change later in the story? Sure.

But as of now, an alien that comes to earth pretending to be a hero for decades when in fact he was sent there to take it over by killing its defenders in order for his alien empire to conquer the planet couldn't be more villainous. He just think he's right via his logic.

Kirkman basically looked at Dragon ball Z and stole the Hawkgirl Justice League plot and made a few changes for this story.

Oh trust he definitely is.

Can that change later in the story? Sure.

But as of now, an alien that comes to earth pretending to be a hero for decades when in fact he was sent there to take it over by killing its defenders in order for his alien empire to conquer the planet couldn't be more villainous. He just think he's right via his logic.

Kirkman basically looked at Dragon ball Z and stole the Hawkgirl Justice League plot and made a few changes for this story.
I’ve never read the Hawkgirl storyline.

Not trying to spoil the storyline.

I’d ask is it villainous? It’s acceptable behavior by Viltrum society.

And in the end, did he complete his mission? It looked like he spared his son. And departed the planet. He could’ve killed Mark. Washed Cecil, the Reanimen, etc. No one would have been able to stop him.

I’ve never read the Hawkgirl storyline.
It's basically the same thing except Hawkgirl joins the JL isn't just allies and she doesn't kill all of them but successfully fools them and knows enough for her ppl to successfully invade and take over temporarily.

Not trying to spoil the storyline.

I’d ask is it villainous? It’s acceptable behavior by Viltrum society.
Ok.

Yes it is. It isn't acceptable behavior in Viltrum society they know full well that they are killing, waging galactic war, and taking over these planets. They just convinced themselves they're right about it.

And not to spoil it but you know exactly what happens in the end to all of them.

And in the end, did he complete his mission? It looked like he spared his son. And departed the planet. He could’ve killed Mark. Washed Cecil, the Reanimen, etc. No one would have been able to stop him.
So cuz he didn't complete his mission he's not a villain? Just cuz he chose not to kill his son after killing at the very least dozens of ppl if not hundreds after beating the **** out of his son and spouting his bull **** philosophy?

That last ep with Omni Man is a perfect example of telling yourself a lie over and over until you believe it and when it gets challenged sincerely the doubt wins out.

I don't get how you define a villain if the label can simply be removed with a he could've killed more ppl and won but he decided to stop and leave.

He simply had a weakness he couldn't overcome, his family. Omni Man is not the first supervillain with a family that got in the way of villainous deeds.

Back
Top Bottom