iOS 5 Update

AROUND 10AM Pacific, 1PM Eastern, 6PM GMT. According to the macRumors forums

Have it right now, haven't installed on anything. Use these or just wait. Install at your own risk, I'm not responsible for your @*%#.

I don't know if it's cool to post here but I'm about to.

Mods delete if needed.

Spoiler [+]
1) Backup device you're installing iOS 5 GM on.
2) In iTunes under the device you're updating, Shift + Click (Windows) and Option + Click (Mac) on Restore and locate the .ipsw that is required for your device.
3) If you get an error then you need to edit your "hosts" file so iTunes can't "talk" to Apple during installation. If no error, skip this and you're finished.

Edit Hosts file in Mac OS X
a) Open terminal.
b) Run command "sudo nano /etc/hosts"
c) Type in computer password
d) Find the iTunes (74.208.10.249 [tab] gs.apple.com) entry and put a "#" in front of it.
e) Hit Control + X and "Y" to accept the changes and then enter

Edit Hosts file in Windows - file located @ /Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts (etc may be a hidden folder)
a) Open Notepad as administrator (Right click:Run as Administrator)
b) Open the hosts file.
c) Place a "#" sign in front of the entry 74.208.10.249 [tab] gs.apple.com
d) Save the file and replace the old one.

This may help-

4) Go back to iTunes and try to install the software on your device again. This time it should work.
5) After you've installed the software on your devices re-edit the hosts file to remove the "#" sign.

L I N K S - Note that some of these are .dmg's.

iTunes 10.5 beta 9 (Mac OS X) (recommended build for install) - 9th Tune in I.rar [100.41MiB]

iTunes 10.5 beta 7 (Windows 64-bit) - iwindow64b7.rar [75.75MiB]

iTunes 10.5 beta 7 (Windows 32-bit) - 32it hut hut hike.rar [42.02MiB]

iPhone 4 GSM - iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw [774.33MiB]  (.ipsw)

iPhone 4 CDMA - cdma5.rar [783.91MiB] (.ipsw)

iPhone 3GS - ios_5_gm_seed__iphone_3gs__9a334.dmg [668.96MiB]

iPad 2 Wi-Fi - 5GMPD22.rar [709.02MiB] (.ipsw)

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM) - ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2_wifi__3g_gsm__9a334.dmg [716.31MiB]

iPad W-Fi + 3G (CDMA) - ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2_wifi__3g_cdma__9a334.dmg [721.59MiB]

iPad 1 (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G) - ios_5_gm_seed__ipad__9a334.dmg [700.51MiB]

iPod Touch, 4th Generation - ios_5_gm_seed__ipod_touch_4th_generation__9a334.dmg [761.86MiB]

iPod Touch, 3rd Generation - ios_5_gm_seed__ipod_touch_3rd_generation__9a334.dmg [637.48MiB]

ips file passwords = luelinks

Where is Apple's headquarters located? On the west coast or the east coast?

That should answer your question.

Eh, been running it for almost a week now. You guys should enjoy it (I know that wasn't what was asked, but just trying to give those who haven't updated some good hopes)

I would say it should be on iTunes... Every other update has been, why would they change the usual procedure? There should be a new itunes, and with every new itunes that drops with a firmware, the firmware is available for update on it.

It will be west coast time though.

Still running iOS 3.2.2 on OG iPhone 
pimp.gif
 #poor

Yea, I think it will be on iTunes. Not sure why I thought it wouldn't be. I vaguely remember an iOS update in which I had to go to apple.com to download.

But yea you guys should get a head start and download iTunes 10.5 if you haven't already. You'll need it for iOS 5.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Still running iOS 3.2.2 on OG iPhone 
pimp.gif
 #poor

eek.gif
laugh.gif
His iphone's swagger is probable !#+%%!+* on all of us. 
Can you even have bg images on that?

SCHWAG
pimp.gif

I've had it since June. It's no big deal to me anymore but for those using it for the first time will love the changes!

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

yall think they will get siri on the 4?

No...at least not anytime soon.  
Apple says it has to do with processor speed.  What's more closer to the truth is that, minus the dramatic face-lift people were expecting, the phone is very similar to the 4, and thus they must use Siri to market the phone, much like they did with facetime and iphone 4.

So there's no way they are gonna put their number one selling point, their number one reason to upgrade in the reach of all iOS users right now.

Back
Top Bottom