iOS 5 Update

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Anybody know if a 3GS'll run slow on iOS 5?

I'm selling mine tomorrow to cut my costs for the 4S, so I'm gonna have to restore it for the dude... not sure whether to update it to iOS 5 or stay on 4.3.3.

stay on 4.3.3.

if he wants to update it he can do it himself.

djuzi05 wrote:

pimp.gif
at Apple destroying Android's 1.5 GHz GSII super phone with only 800 MHz. THAT is how you design a phone.
Last I checked Android doesn't even make phones. It's just an OS.
You Apple fanboys gotta chill. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

djuzi05 wrote:

pimp.gif
at Apple destroying Android's 1.5 GHz GSII super phone with only 800 MHz. THAT is how you design a phone.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

I'm selling mine tomorrow to cut my costs for the 4S, so I'm gonna have to restore it for the dude... not sure whether to update it to iOS 5 or stay on 4.3.3.

stay on 4.3.3.

That's true, but... if I restore, doesn't that mean it'll update to the latest software regardless? I don't want to empty the iPhone manually and accidentally leave some of my stuff.

stay on 4.3.3.

That's true, but... if I restore, doesn't that mean it'll update to the latest software regardless? I don't want to empty the iPhone manually and accidentally leave some of my stuff.
go here and get 4.3.3 for your phone and if your running windows hold down the shift key before you click restore and then manually find the ipsw file you downloaded and restore.

or just do what hizzle said which is way easier

stay on 4.3.3.

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.

Edit: My bad, forgot you're jailbroken. Although would it matter if you did it this way?

You don't need to restore your phone to get the update.

Just update to the latest version and the jailbreak will be automatically gone and your phone will not be affected

That's what I did a couple months ago when I got tired of the jailbreak....gets boring quick

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

djuzi05 wrote:

pimp.gif
30t6p3b.gif

1315982893816.jpg

For real, so consumers can't compare android phones to iOS phones if Google doesn't design any of the phones themselves? As far as I'm concerned, these samsung/HTC/Motorola phones all represent Google and Android.

Especially because Faildroid fanboys want to play the specs game all the time, saying we been had 1.5 gigawatt triple core processors. The results speak for themselves.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

stay on 4.3.3.

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings.

Edit: My bad, forgot you're jailbroken. Although would it matter if you did it this way?
You sir, are a genius. Thanks.

XwPlN.jpg

Originally Posted by mcgrady2k7

How does that Wi-Fi Sync work?
im guessing like the remote app (u gotta be on the same network as your comp) except u can actually put and erase content on ur device. 

Once your iDevice is finished updating, you simply check the box to enable Wi-Fi sync, although, I'm not sure of the Windows side since I do not use it.

screenshot20111012at101.png

iOS 5, along with every other main iOS update usually comes out around 10am PST, so about 2 hours left and your download will be super slow
laugh.gif

It is, to be honest. I've had iOS 5 on my iPhone and iPad since beta 1.

I hope either Apple/ESPN make a notification bar in the "notification center" and have like real time sports scores, or maybe a jailbreak add-on. And I hope they let us put Newstand in a folder
laugh.gif

Btw, everyone make sure you back up your iDevice before you start updating and then restore from backup and all your texts, contacts, etc. will be there.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

im guessing like the remote app (u gotta be on the same network as your comp) except u can actually put and erase content on ur device. 
You no longer have to connect your iPhone/iPad to your laptop/desktop to sync.  It can now be done over wifi.  I love this feature because I can make changes to my iPhone and/or iPad from my Macbook without having to connect them.  Very dope feature 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

I hope either Apple/ESPN make a notification bar in the "notification center" and have like real time sports scores, or maybe a jailbreak add-on. And I hope they let us put Newstand in a folder
laugh.gif

Btw, everyone make sure you back up your iDevice before you start updating and then restore from backup and all your texts, contacts, etc. will be there.
Do you need to do this for all Iphones?

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

laugh.gif

Do you need to do this for all Iphones?
Unless you want to lose everything, start from scratch, I would recommend it. Unless you do not want your texts and have your contacts setup through something like Google sync or MobileMe (Now iCloud).

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

30t6p3b.gif

1315982893816.jpg

For real, so consumers can't compare android phones to iOS phones if Google doesn't design any of the phones themselves? As far as I'm concerned, these samsung/HTC/Motorola phones all represent Google and Android.

Especially because Faildroid fanboys want to play the specs game all the time, saying we been had 1.5 gigawatt triple core processors. The results speak for themselves.

pretty much..
..that said, i cant wait to get back on iOS..

this Atrix/Android is mad cumbersome..

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom