iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

So how much does one pay a month for the LTE versions?

I was going to purchase the WIFI one and use my phone as a HOT SPOT. Do you do this? How is it?

So how much does one pay a month for the LTE versions?

I was going to purchase the WIFI one and use my phone as a HOT SPOT. Do you do this? How is it?
I was contemplating doing just this but I hear reports that the battery life on the iPhone 5 is abysmal (three hours?) when tethering.

I don't know. This is mainly going to be my commute device. I will rarely need three hours. But having a full day's charge on my phone is a must. Don't want to compromise that by saving a few dollars.

And. If I tether, I have to have at least 5GB plan. Not feeling that.

To answer your other question:

att_verizon_sprint_ipad_chart.jpg

Anyone else gonna wait it out to see/hold the mini in person?  I'm tempted to pre-order right now, but I kinda want to actually use it for a few minutes before I rule out the 4th gen iPad.  I also want to see the difference between retina/non-retina since I've grown accustomed to the 3rd gen iPad's screen.  

Hopefully these won't be too hard to come by on launch day if I get there early enough.  

^If I wanted to get the mini I'd always opt to preorder if I had the choice.  You never know how limited product's gonna be when it comes to Apple.  I remember when the iPad 2 came out, how long people had to wait to get it.  But, on the other hand even though I preordered the iPad 3 when it came out, I heard it was easy as hell to cop it in store when it came out. And if you wanna compare non retina, I'm wondering if Apple stores still have the iPad 2 on display maybe?

Anyone else gonna wait it out to see/hold the mini in person?  I'm tempted to pre-order right now, but I kinda want to actually use it for a few minutes before I rule out the 4th gen iPad.  I also want to see the difference between retina/non-retina since I've grown accustomed to the 3rd gen iPad's screen.  

Hopefully these won't be too hard to come by on launch day if I get there early enough.  

I want to see how it is in person too, even if its just the Apple store display models...its hard to gauge just from videos and pics

Going to pick this thing up Friday morning from an Apple store. Was going to get an iPad 2 off Craigslist but I didn't get responses from people selling theirs. 

Going to pick this thing up Friday morning from an Apple store. Was going to get an iPad 2 off Craigslist but I didn't get responses from people selling theirs. 

just saw a guy on a mac forum sell an ipad 3 with applecare til sometime in 2014 for $350.

you guys can get deals on better items if you look around, dont settle for an ipad mini

just saw a guy on a mac forum sell an ipad 3 with applecare til sometime in 2014 for $350.

you guys can get deals on better items if you look around, dont settle for an ipad mini
OUCH.  So glad I sold mine 2 weeks prior to the mini announcement.  Got $650 for it, which included Applecare+ until April of 2014.  

Crazy how much the value drops immediately after an announcement.  

I'm not. I saw a few on other Mac sites as well, but I was late. I will jump on an iPad 3 if I see another one for 350 before Friday, if not, i'm not tripping. I just need another iPad. I gave my iPad 2 to my sister a few months ago and I want another because it's the ultimate convenience device. 329 with a years warranty is fine with me over 300 for an iPad 2 with no warranty. Really not trying to go over 350. 

Also, this will be a better fit for me as well. My baby hands should be able to grasp this thing nicely.

For those who ordered an iPad, Target is having a $40 dollar gift card deal with purchase of an iPad this week.

So you can call Apple or Amazon and see if they will price match. Few users on Macrumors have had luck with getting
free Smart Covers and what not.

attachment.php

apple doesnt price match :lol:

It took me a couple phone calls, but I got a $40 dollar credit on my iPad Mini order. Got sent straight back to my credit card.

Few members on the MacRumors forum have been given free Smart Covers as well.

I actually got a Kindle Fire HD instead today. I want another iPad though so i'm going to use this until I am ready to buy a new iPad.

The written review from The Verge. Gave it a 9.0. iPad 4th generation got a 9.3. Nexus 7 was a 8.8. No other tablets above an 8.2.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3576178/apple-ipad-mini-review

The iPad mini is an excellent tablet — but it's not a very cheap one. Whether that's by design, or due to market forces beyond Apple's control, I can't say for sure. I can't think of another company that cares as much about how its products are designed and built — or one that knows how to maximize a supply chain as skillfully — so something tells me it's no accident that this tablet isn't selling for $200. It doesn't feel like Apple is racing to some lowest-price bottom — rather it seems to be trying to raise the floor.

And it does raise the floor here. There's no tablet in this size range that's as beautifully constructed, works as flawlessly, or has such an incredible software selection. Would I prefer a higher-res display? Certainly. Would I trade it for the app selection or hardware design? For the consistency and smoothness of its software, or reliability of its battery? Absolutely not. And as someone who's been living with (and loving) Google's Nexus 7 tablet for a few months, I don't say that lightly.

The iPad mini hasn't wrapped up the "cheapest tablet" market by any stretch of the imagination. But the "best small tablet" market? Consider it captured.

Back
Top Bottom