iPhone: Post everything here

yo the new video is up on apple.com... i like the new look. No white but all the trouble isnt worth it... ill wait a few months until att makes it easier tocop...
they will because there looking to make sales like the OG iphone. and with all the stipulations ill be surprised if they get the same profit...

ill give it 3 months. so if your credit is shot or you dont wanna worry about the hassle i would wait...

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Two probably stupid questions:

To get the lower price, do you have to trade in the old phone?

Also, is an old phone technically "unlocked" if its been activated through AT&T? Or well it not work for someone elses SIM?
you keep your old iphone. and i believe the phone becomes locked again until somebody else activates it through itunes again

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

yo the new video is up on apple.com... i like the new look. No white but all the trouble isnt worth it... ill wait a few months until att makes it easier to cop...
they will because there looking to make sales like the OG iphone. and with all the stipulations ill be surprised if they get the same profit...

ill give it 3 months. so if your credit is shot or you dont wanna worry about the hassle i would wait...

I don't know why you say that, all parties involved are making probably a little larger profit margin on this phone than the last one. Sales on thesewill surpass the old one. Its not gonna be any easier to cop other than the fact that there won't be long lines in a few months.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

yo the new video is up on apple.com... i like the new look. No white but all the trouble isnt worth it... ill wait a few months until att makes it easier to cop...

I don't know why you say that, all parties involved are making probably a little larger profit margin on this phone than the last one. Sales on these will surpass the old one. Its not gonna be any easier to cop other than the fact that there won't be long lines in a few months.
actually i think apple will make sell this time around since they arent getting a cut from the contracts or w/e they were getting from att.. but ithink the lower price will even it all out

hey nt i got a quick question for you guys (sry if it may sound a little bit obvious for some but i need to know). if i cop the 3g iphone tomorrow, am irequired to sign up for that 30$ data plan? or can i just have a voice and txt plan.

Originally Posted by A2J4Ever

hey nt i got a quick question for you guys (sry if it may sound a little bit obvious for some but i need to know). if i cop the 3g iphone tomorrow, am i required to sign up for that 30$ data plan? or can i just have a voice and txt plan.

You have to get the data plan, no way around it.

NT, i know i sound ignorant,
I copped a 1st gen iphone on 5/2,
i was wondering could i upgrade to 2nd gen?
can i still keep my $40 unlimited texting/voicemail plan?
do i pay the $200 pride or $700?

So here's my situation: My friend and I are going to get the iphone on a family plan. However, we both want to add the individual 200 texts ($5) for eachphone, can we do that? Or do we have to get the unlimited text plan for family talk ($30)? Thanks.

Originally Posted by TROJAN PRIDE 2011

NT, i know i sound ignorant,
I copped a 1st gen iphone on 5/2,
i was wondering could i upgrade to 2nd gen?
can i still keep my $40 unlimited texting/voicemail plan?
do i pay the $200 pride or $700?

Yes you can upgrade, but data will be $30/month and unlimited text is $20.

Originally Posted by uknowdonti

So here's my situation: My friend and I are going to get the iphone on a family plan. However, we both want to add the individual 200 texts ($5) for each
phone, can we do that? Or do we have to get the unlimited text plan for family talk ($30)? Thanks.

200 texts? I can't answer your question for sure but I would think that unlimited is the way to go, I've easily sent 200 texts in a day before.

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

Originally Posted by A2J4Ever

hey nt i got a quick question for you guys (sry if it may sound a little bit obvious for some but i need to know). if i cop the 3g iphone tomorrow, am i required to sign up for that 30$ data plan? or can i just have a voice and txt plan.

You have to get the data plan, no way around it.
^^^just out of curiosity, what does the data plan entail and have? does it have unlimited internet usage and text? multimedia msgs?

Anybody gettin the error message when trying to update to 2.0?

I swear Apple servers are on "Eastbay" right now. You would think for a release as HUGE as this they'd have their stuff together but I guessnot. See...this what happens when you make thousands of people all activate their phone in stores at the same time.
smh.gif

And yes I'm with AT&T and no I ain't jailbroken.

- Preciate it.

anybody else's 1st gen iphone not letting you connect to the iTunes network? Mine is giving me an error message and to try again later. I tried to restoreit so now i can't use my phone until im able to connect

Anyone successfully download software 2.0 yet?

I cant even find the download link on their site; did they take it down?

Nope...I'm still bricked and Apple ain't sayin %$+!. :smh:

Edit:

July 11, 2008 10:13 AM PDT

[h1]iPhone 2.0 update wreaks havoc on 1st-gen devices[/h1]
Posted by Erica Ogg Post a comment

Several bloggers and readers are reporting that when they tried to update the firmware on their iPhones Friday, the devices were "bricked," or rendered unusable.

CNET Blog Network contributor Matt Asay reported around 7 a.m. PDT Friday that when he attempted to use iTunes to update his iPhone, he got an error message and his phone stopped working. He says he can't access contacts or make calls.

CNET News reader Peter8105 reported the same thing Friday morning. Blogger Dave Winer posted the error message he got to his Flickr page Friday morning, and complained of the same bricking phenomenon. He does report that he can still make emergency calls, however.

Just from the few reports trickling in, it appears this is only happening to people who tried to update their firmware Friday. There were no such reports when many iPhone owners were able to update their devices Thursday.

Apple has not responded to requests for comment yet, but at first glance the problem appears to be stemming from the severe overload Apple's iTunes servers experienced Friday as people across the world came out to buy the iPhone 3G.

We'll keep updating the story, but let us know in the comments section if you're having similar problems with the 2.0 firmware update Friday.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9989039-1.html?hhTest=1

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by C2HUI

Anyone successfully download software 2.0 yet?

I cant even find the download link on their site; did they take it down?
yep...word is everyone who got the new joint..Apple couldnt process instore so they sent them home to activate.. so you got like 4512431231 peopletryin to do the same thing.. so we jus gotta wait it out

I was ready to drop $200 on this thing and there's none available in my city. I was looking forward to getting rid of my SK3, but I wasn't going toline up for a phone. How long will it be before I can just walk up into a AT&T location and cop without any hassle?

My phone got messed up when I tried to update it to get the new applications.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Originally Posted by PearI Jam

how were the lines this morning?

I'm in the Chi and I went to the AT&T store in Oak Lawn. I got there @ about 5:30 and there were 2 cats already there. I went in @ 8 copped mywhite 16GB iPhone and had to activate it at home due to server issues with iTunes. By the time I left the store there had to be about 30 people, give or take,waiting in line. I drove past the AT&T store on 95th and Western and that line was crazy. I talked to one of the associates at the store and he told methat there was about 100 plus cats on Michigan Ave @ 6:30 this morning. I'm definitely loving the feel of this iPhone compared to gen 1 iPhone
pimp.gif

i got my new iphone i waited like 3 hours well worth it they couldn't activate it in store so now im at work trying to activate it getting error messages

if you are having problems with your itunes at home its because the site crashed due to high volumes. Its not your computer or your phone.

Originally Posted by KingOfJordanz

if you are having problems with your itunes at home its because the site crashed due to high volumes. Its not your computer or your phone.

oh ok

Back
Top Bottom