iPhone: Post everything here

yo, east coasters...
!$# is going on? have you guys checked itunes and it say that the update is available?
mine keeps saying 1.1.4 is the latest update
smh.gif

I just updated to 2.0. Came back upstairs to see that the update didn't work, now my phone is basically bricked. It can only make emergency calls. ThanksApple!

Originally Posted by j0rDan23dunker

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

Originally Posted by A2J4Ever

hey nt i got a quick question for you guys (sry if it may sound a little bit obvious for some but i need to know). if i cop the 3g iphone tomorrow, am i required to sign up for that 30$ data plan? or can i just have a voice and txt plan.

You have to get the data plan, no way around it.
^^^just out of curiosity, what does the data plan entail and have? does it have unlimited internet usage and text? multimedia msgs?

It comes with unlimited internet/data usage but comes with no text. You will have to pay more for that, min is $5 for 200 texts. I'm pretty sure theiPhone is incapable at this point to recieve multimedia messages without doing it the online way on the att website.

Originally Posted by davegfunk12

I just updated to 2.0. Came back upstairs to see that the update didn't work, now my phone is basically bricked. It can only make emergency calls. Thanks Apple!

Yeah, I'm hearing that your best option so far is to leave your phone plugged into your computer with iTunes still running. Anybody having thisproblem may wanna try it out. Here's a link with that info:
http://gizmodo.com/5024334/how-to-fix-iphone-and-iphone-3g-activation-woes

Originally Posted by ImSoLA

Originally Posted by davegfunk12

I just updated to 2.0. Came back upstairs to see that the update didn't work, now my phone is basically bricked. It can only make emergency calls. Thanks Apple!

Yeah, I'm hearing that your best option so far is to leave your phone plugged into your computer with iTunes still running. Anybody having this problem may wanna try it out. Here's a link with that info:
http://gizmodo.com/5024334/how-to-fix-iphone-and-iphone-3g-activation-woes
Yeah I was just sitting here and my phone all of sudden started working, just left it plugged in for a half hour or so. Make sure to back up yourcontacts so you can restore, as everything gets wiped from the update.

Originally Posted by mikejs210

I was ready to drop $200 on this thing and there's none available in my city. I was looking forward to getting rid of my SK3, but I wasn't going to line up for a phone. How long will it be before I can just walk up into a AT&T location and cop without any hassle?

I heard that some AT&T stores are taking names when they run out of their stock. Does anyone else know if this is true??

Okay, I picked up an Iphone 3g this morning-- but don't know much up apple products, I have only owned a 80 gig Video Ipod. I haven't activated thephone yet because I went straight to work after I picked it up. What is this 2.0 update everyone is talking about? And do I need to download this upgrade ontothe Iphone 3g or is it only for 1st gen Iphones?

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

Okay, I picked up an Iphone 3g this morning-- but don't know much up apple products, I have only owned a 80 gig Video Ipod. I haven't activated the phone yet because I went straight to work after I picked it up. What is this 2.0 update everyone is talking about? And do I need to download this upgrade onto the Iphone 3g or is it only for 1st gen Iphones?

your phonw comes with the upgrade.

its our wack 1st gens that are bricking across the US
laugh.gif

Wow so is the new ones bricking or the 1st gens?I was thinking of copin later on today
They ain't really "bricking", they just aren't able to be activated due to the overcrowded servers and none of the iPhonefunctions will work unless activated besides emergency calling. Mine is finally updating so I assume Apple got they %!++ together.
eyes.gif

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Wow so is the new ones bricking or the 1st gens?I was thinking of copin later on today
They ain't really "bricking", they just aren't able to be activated due to the overcrowded servers and none of the iPhone functions will work unless activated besides emergency calling. Mine is finally updating so I assume Apple got they %!++ together.
eyes.gif

- Preciate it.

yeah, my update just went trough...

i guess they're fixing the problems now.

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

Okay, I picked up an Iphone 3g this morning-- but don't know much up apple products, I have only owned a 80 gig Video Ipod. I haven't activated the phone yet because I went straight to work after I picked it up. What is this 2.0 update everyone is talking about? And do I need to download this upgrade onto the Iphone 3g or is it only for 1st gen Iphones?

I thought that you couldn't leave the store without activating?

im pissed i slept through the no instore activations while there werestill some left i would have copped like 3 no lie ebay prices and CL prices are hefty .. but i have the TH LX to resell so im not complaining...heres pics ofthe line at roosevelt field mall in nyc about 700 people smh.. i got there at 4 and just chilled watched a movie feel asleep next thing you know i had a phonei got a 16 gb and a 8gb for the wifey..last time i camped out was for a ps3 and i bet this is my last time..

\

Beautiful morning

Anyone else having problems with Mobile me and outlook it doesn't seem to wantto syn my contacts at all [color]

Originally Posted by CashmereThought96

im pissed i slept through the no instore activations while there were still some left i would have copped like 3 no lie ebay prices and CL prices are hefty .. but i have the TH LX to resell so im not complaining...

where the
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
have you been? I havent seen you post inages

Question If someone sells me an Iphone 1st gen but has the update firmware 2.0, can I downgrade so I can unlock the phone? Thanks!

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

Question If someone sells me an Iphone 1st gen but has the update firmware 2.0, can I downgrade so I can unlock the phone? Thanks!

i dont think youd be able to. if its a good price just cop and wait for they release jailbroken 2.0

I got a question. My phone is not activated and was wondering if i can resell. I already have a Iphone I. Can, I sell the 3g and use that money to buy one formyself in a couple of day?

Back
Top Bottom