iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

^Wait are we talking about the same thing? lol. I'm talking about actually purchasing the phone itself with a credit card. I thought I read somewhere that you needed one.
im sure you can pay cash but in order for you to open up service with att you have to have photo id and a major debit/credit card that they use todo your credit check... not 100% but im pretty sure thats what it is.

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

^Wait are we talking about the same thing? lol. I'm talking about actually purchasing the phone itself with a credit card. I thought I read somewhere that you needed one.
im sure you can pay cash but in order for you to open up service with att you have to have photo id and a major debit/credit card that they use to do your credit check... not 100% but im pretty sure thats what it is.
Yeah the CC is for a credit check. You can pay cash if the have it in stock. If you want to have it ordered then you have to use a card.

Credit card is NOT for credit check!!!!! Your ssn does that!!

I bought my 16g at a apple store without a CC!!! they use the credit card to swipe it to auto input your info(to speed up the process, and save on waitin timefor others). the dude that helped me didnt care and he did it all with the lil pin(whatever its called).

oh, and I paid with cash ($385 out the door)...they had me put the money on a Gift card then they use that for check out.

Has anybody found a video recorder application in itunes?!???!!?!? if you did what is it called and what did you find it under??????

When i got my phone it had 3 circles, they look like air bubbles under the screen in the top left hand corner, if i take it back do you think they will replaceit?

OMg I just figured out my problem
Anyone having problems connecting to network you just have to reset your network settings LOL yes I'm a noon

Originally Posted by FENKELLandBIRWOOD

I bought my 16g at a apple store without a CC!!! they use the credit card to swipe it to auto input your info(to speed up the process, and save on waitin time for others). the dude that helped me didnt care and he did it all with the lil pin(whatever its called).

oh, and I paid with cash ($385 out the door)...they had me put the money on a Gift card then they use that for check out.

So they took down your info in case you don't activate your phone?

I bought my 16g at a apple store without a CC!!! they use the credit card to swipe it to auto input your info(to speed up the process, and save on waitin time for others). the dude that helped me didnt care and he did it all with the lil pin(whatever its called).

did you activate it in store or at home on itunes?? or did you have an att acount already. i know for a fact u have to have a major cc/debit card to getyour credit checked tho cuz thats what we used at bestbuy and nordstroms. you have to put that on the application to do a credit check. If you already had attof course they wouldnt need to do a credit check tho. but for NEW customers make sure you have on on hand or youll be going back home.

No, when you get the phone your info is entered into the system and you can't walk out the store without the account activated. In some casesyou do need a credit card to begin the credit check, like if you're opening a new line with AT&T, if you have an account then just your SSN is needed.

Originally Posted by Lootpac

No, when you get the phone your info is entered into the system and you can't walk out the store without the account activated. In some cases you do need a credit card to begin the credit check, like if you're opening a new line with AT&T, if you have an account then just your SSN is needed.

Thats what the original plan was but I guess the system crashed and they made people take the phones home for activation. I was wondering if since thesystem was down, if I were able to purchase the phone like the old one, just pay, no info and be out.

yo, i was wondering since i have a family plan, can the new 3g Iphone be used as one of the family lines?

Thats what the original plan was but I guess the system crashed and they made people take the phones home for activation. I was wondering if since the system was down, if I were able to purchase the phone like the old one, just pay, no info and be out.
No. That was not ditched, the part that was ditched was making the phone work by plugging it into iTunes. There was no way around getting theaccount. Some people did have to leave the store without a working phone, but they had the contract, you're not going to be able to get around the contract

Thats what the original plan was but I guess the system crashed and they made people take the phones home for activation. I was wondering if since the system was down, if I were able to purchase the phone like the old one, just pay, no info and be out.
No. That was not ditched, the part that was ditched was making the phone work by plugging it into iTunes. There was no way around getting the account. Some people did have to leave the store without a working phone, but they had the contract, you're not going to be able to get around the contract

Gotcha!

Man I love the 2.0 software & all the Apps!

Pretty much I just love the iPhone!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Staying with the OG one at this point though... GPS, 3G, & better sound/stero quality would be nice... but isn't necessary for $200 & $10 a monthmore at this point for me. Maybe later on.

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

no what I mean is...you know at the apple stores, the worker has a device that tey use to set your phone up for you and you account....well when they scanthe credit card...all the your info get auto filled(name, addy, state etc) so it speed the sale up faster....they activated it for me in store...

TBONE95860 wrote:

Staying with the OG one at this point though... GPS, 3G, & better sound/stero quality would be nice... but isn't necessary for $200 & $10 a month more at this point for me. Maybe later on.

Exactly what i was thinking... i probably won't buy one until they figure out how to "fix" the MMS problem... I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEND PICSLIKE A TEXT MESSAGE!!! DO YOU HEAR ME APPLE?!?!?!?
roll.gif

My ATT online account page says "CVS Pharmacy Fan: #xxxxxxxx" for my company discount thing already, so should I be good to go when I upgrade for thediscount?

Originally Posted by big1236

TBONE95860 wrote:

Staying with the OG one at this point though... GPS, 3G, & better sound/stero quality would be nice... but isn't necessary for $200 & $10 a month more at this point for me. Maybe later on.

Exactly what i was thinking... i probably won't buy one until they figure out how to "fix" the MMS problem... I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEND PICS LIKE A TEXT MESSAGE!!! DO YOU HEAR ME APPLE?!?!?!?
roll.gif

just wait until they unlock 2.0 and get swirly mms. you get it for 15 days free then its only 8 bucks flat! cant beat that. and it works great

did you activate it in store or at home on itunes?? or did you have an att acount already. i know for a fact u have to have a major cc/debit card to get your credit checked tho cuz thats what we used at bestbuy and nordstroms. you have to put that on the application to do a credit check. If you already had att of course they wouldnt need to do a credit check tho. but for NEW customers make sure you have on on hand or youll be going back home.

no they activated it in the store. i was a new customer. I left nextel and took my number to att. I DID NOT NEED A CC!!!...I guess my ssn show that mycredit is good and they didnt need anything else...in now way am I tellin people that have not got one yet to go there without it and wait in line(takeevertyhing you think you will need)...all im sayin is..they didnt need my cc and the worker handheld devices bypass the cc part....

sidenote....why dont you need a CC when you go buy a CAR??? to me, if you need a cc to check somebody credit, a car lot would def ask for it...........

Originally Posted by big1236

TBONE95860 wrote:

Exactly what i was thinking... i probably won't buy one until they figure out how to "fix" the MMS problem... I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEND PICS LIKE A TEXT MESSAGE!!! DO YOU HEAR ME APPLE?!?!?!?
roll.gif

just wait until they unlock 2.0 and get swirly mms. you get it for 15 days free then its only 8 bucks flat! cant beat that. and it works great

that and some video and better camera support. Flash and zoom is needed

did you activate it in store or at home on itunes?? or did you have an att acount already. i know for a fact u have to have a major cc/debit card to get your credit checked tho cuz thats what we used at bestbuy and nordstroms. you have to put that on the application to do a credit check. If you already had att of course they wouldnt need to do a credit check tho. but for NEW customers make sure you have on on hand or youll be going back home.

no they activated it in the store. i was a new customer. I left nextel and took my number to att. I DID NOT NEED A CC!!!...I guess my ssn show that my credit is good and they didnt need anything else...in now way am I tellin people that have not got one yet to go there without it and wait in line(take evertyhing you think you will need)...all im sayin is..they didnt need my cc and the worker handheld devices bypass the cc part....

sidenote....why dont you need a CC when you go buy a CAR??? to me, if you need a cc to check somebody credit, a car lot would def ask for it...........

Every new account I've activated, I've needed the Credit Card, and then the SSN. I don't know how you got past this fact.

no they activated it in the store. i was a new customer. I left nextel and took my number to att. I DID NOT NEED A CC!!!...I guess my ssn show that my credit is good and they didnt need anything else...in now way am I tellin people that have not got one yet to go there without it and wait in line(take evertyhing you think you will need)...all im sayin is..they didnt need my cc and the worker handheld devices bypass the cc part....

Every new account I've activated, I've needed the Credit Card, and then the SSN. I don't know how you got past this fact.

LMAOOO your guess is my guess but the dude skipped it and typed in all my info by hand....I picked up my phone at 5:30 on the 11th and the dude said I wasthe second person he helped all day LOL...I hope he didnt do nothing he didnt suppose to be doing and then get in trouble lol....

Back
Top Bottom