iPhone: Post everything here

One of the Apple stores here had a sign saying that the 3G was not available today... I was like "what the heck?" I'll be damned if I stand inline for 4 hours for it.

laugh.gif
I knoe you not talking bout my case 703 all the info I gave ya fam
laugh.gif
my %## is tight
pimp.gif
I got my lrg gucci inspired case....joint is ill. Just go toan apple store and check out some cases...also check out senacases.com

yes. But theyd probably have to order yors i dont believe they have 4gb anymore... maybe give you a 8
You'd still get a 4 gig, apple can get you a replacement ipod or iphone for up to roughly 4-5 years after its out.

is anybody using mobileme? i'm about to use the trial version and if it is really that good i'll MAYBE pay for it..
Its decent, while I haven't used it with a phone, the only feature I really use is the iDisk, other than that I don't know how useful theactive sync would be to me, considering I'm probably going to have my phone by me when I'm on the computer updating my calendar. Also if you do end upbuying it, go to an apple store and tell them you're a 1st time user of it and you were wondering if you could get the "promo" price, flash yourphone if you have to. Any apple employee with half a brain will sell you one, since they get tracked on it, and it saves you $30

I went to ATT today, and they said they weren't doing first come first serve. They were giving out the preordered ones. Is this happening at any otherATT stores?

Originally Posted by sole searchin

question:

If you have a 1gen Iphone and something is wrong with it, (4GB Iphone to be exact) and the warranty is still in effect and bring it back to apple and they say they will replace it, what will they give you?

another 1st gen Iphone?

I have a 4GB iPhone too. I went to the 5th ave store to get a replacement today. I was hoping to get a free upgrade (
grin.gif
) to a 8GB thinking that the 4GB would be gone, but unfortunately the tech guygave me another 4GB. At least it was fresh and scratch free.

They have a special stock of 4 gigs for swaps. I thought I was going to get an 8 gig too, and dude pulls out a 4 from a drawer full of them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iEternalv

Anyone got a nice case for their 3g yet? also any word on screen protectors?

I ordered a total body skin from best skins ever, they are 25% off until the end of the day. I also wanted a silicone / rubber case for when I go out/etc. Isettled on this..nothing crazy.

silicone_iphone_3g_blue_back.jpg

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

question:

If you have a 1gen Iphone and something is wrong with it, (4GB Iphone to be exact) and the warranty is still in effect and bring it back to apple and they say they will replace it, what will they give you?

another 1st gen Iphone?

yes. But theyd probably have to order yors i dont believe they have 4gb anymore... maybe give you a 8
they will replace it with the 1st gen 4gb. i bought mine last year august 1st and went back last month june 15th to the apple store in 5th ave becausemy speaker was sounding low. got a replacement right there in the spot no questions asked. 4gb btw. ( i was expecting to be lucky and hear "sorry there isno more 4gb but we'll gladly replace it with an 8gb" lol). but im fine wit my 4gb.

Originally Posted by DrzChuLoFromQnz

Originally Posted by OoPrinceOfFreshoO

question:

another 1st gen Iphone?

they will replace it with the 1st gen 4gb. i bought mine last year august 1st and went back last month june 15th to the apple store in 5th ave because my speaker was sounding low. got a replacement right there in the spot no questions asked. 4gb btw. ( i was expecting to be lucky and hear "sorry there is no more 4gb but we'll gladly replace it with an 8gb" lol). but im fine wit my 4gb.

Agreed, just did it today and that's what happened to me also. Got a 4gb but new, no scratches etc.

Now i'm just Ziphone(ing) it to unlock,activate, and jailbreak it.

Excuse my igorance my dudes but I jus copped the 3g, and i'm wondering if I need to jailbreak it in order to put programs on it? And is it even possible todo so yet with the new one?

No, I don't think theres a reliable hack for 2.0, and the app store logo will take you to a ton of apps, some that cost, but a lot that are free.

I have two quick questions about owning an unlocked Iphone.

1) Where do I put my T-mobile SIM card?

2) Will the Iphone require me to change my existing plan?

Ok I have another question about the "apps" store..when I click it it asks for my itunes password but I never even set that up. Do I need to plug myphone into a comp? Or what? Thanks for the help guys.

Originally Posted by iwhohavenothing

laugh.gif
I knoe you not talking bout my case 703 all the info I gave ya fam
laugh.gif
my %## is tight
pimp.gif
I got my lrg gucci inspired case....joint is ill. Just go to an apple store and check out some cases...also check out senacases.com

Naw son, I'm talking about that flip case @@%%
laugh.gif
. Not a goodlook for me.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Ok I have another question about the "apps" store..when I click it it asks for my itunes password but I never even set that up. Do I need to plug my phone into a comp? Or what? Thanks for the help guys.

you dont really "have" to. I mean, it makes sense to do so. you need iTunes, which im sure you have. it makes it easier to get apps, music,movies, videos, photos on your phone.

Originally Posted by vcof2005

The top of the phone by the headphone jack, theres a small hole next to it, take a unfolded paper clip and push it into the hole, the sim card tray willpop out.

No, if your phone has the "installer" icon on your springboard go to it, and type in t-zones in the search bar, it will have hacks for the t-zonesplans for 5.99. not sure on the exact specifics tho, im not a tmobile customer. if u want more info. about the internet plans with tmobile for the iphone go tohowardforums.com or hackontoish forums for help with your iphone.

Anyways, as far as cases and stuff go...I dont have a 3g iphone, i have the 1st gen iphone and the griffin wave case is the best case i've ever owned,doesnt scratch the phone at all, and is made of a soft but hard material, cant explain it, but it doesnt attract dust or lint like those cheap silicon casesdo. they have the 3g version of it on their site. as for a screen protector, the invisible shield by zagg is great, strong, durable, doesnt get dirty, andtheres a lifetime warranty. its not cheap but its def. worth the money. theres a cheap version of it, not sure how the quality is but they claim its the samequality but u dont get the lifetime warranty on it. u can get it from the company bestskinever for 8 bucks v.s. the 20 dollar one from invisible shield.

i got an anti glare screen cover from apple today. i really like the texture and how there are no more finger prints

Massachusetts gettin NO love with shipments.
frown.gif
My mall Apple store has been out of them since day 1, along with the closest AT&T stores.

Originally Posted by AirForce1Queen

Originally Posted by vcof2005

The top of the phone by the headphone jack, theres a small hole next to it, take a unfolded paper clip and push it into the hole, the sim card tray will pop out.

No, if your phone has the "installer" icon on your springboard go to it, and type in t-zones in the search bar, it will have hacks for the t-zones plans for 5.99. not sure on the exact specifics tho, im not a tmobile customer. if u want more info. about the internet plans with tmobile for the iphone go to howardforums.com or hackontoish forums for help with your iphone.

So if I already have an existing t-mobile data plan and switch over to an unlocked iPhone should I be good internet wise?

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

man eversince i put the 2.0v on my iphone it is slow as heck. i hope my iphone takes a dump on me before oct.

my boys was messing up

and it WAS UNDER WARRANTY

so i stuck it in the microwave for a lil bit

saw some sparks and handed it back to him

he got it replaced the very next day no questions asked

I just want to confirm before I purchase one and ditch my BB

But is there any differance between the 8 and 16gb ?

Just space/memory size or are there any other bonus applications etc

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Ok I have another question about the "apps" store..when I click it it asks for my itunes password but I never even set that up. Do I need to plug my phone into a comp? Or what? Thanks for the help guys.
You should set one up because as previously stated you need itunes anyway. One thing is you need to have a credit card on file with your itunes accountin order to download apps because they will charge your card if neccesary.

Back
Top Bottom