Iraqi who threw shoes at Bush jailed for 3 years

Originally Posted by yungmatt

^He threw shoes, and missed

But if he shot and missed....

This is a WORLD LEADER we're talking about. Personally, I think he shoulda thrown a grenade. At least with grenades and essay questions you can getpartial credit. I mean, I'm rooting for the guy.. but still. Slap on the wrist be damned. He attacked the president!!

I know it seems harsh especially when you dislike Bush, but you really can't have people throwing objects at our leader. If it happens to Obama tomorrow itwould be the same sentence, but probably a different reaction on NT

Invade a country and overthrow their dictator while hundreds of thousands die in the process - 0 years

Throw a shoe at the individual who invaded the country - 3 years

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Crazy thing he couldve recieved 15 years but got off "light" due to a clean record

Originally Posted by Deuce King

He threw a pair of shoes for what reason though?

He threw the shoe at Bush because he has lost family members due to the War in Iraq. Most of his family has been killed due to the large blood shed or other
family members have been forced to move out of the region. Not saying that what he did was right, but just think if you were in a room with a man that you
felt was responsible for the death of your family members. How would you feel? Either way 3 years is too harsh IMO.

To me its like this..

you know you were going to get sentenced to life either way for robbing a Winter Fresh or committing mass murder..
Word to me I'm committing CRAZY MURDER & getting it in.

LOL you may say how does this relate well if the guy I felt responsible for killing my fam is in the room & I'm going to do something that's goingto get me in trouble anyway I might as well get my money's worth..

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by yungmatt

^He threw shoes, and missed

But if he shot and missed....

This is a WORLD LEADER we're talking about. Personally, I think he shoulda thrown a grenade. At least with grenades and essay questions you can get partial credit. I mean, I'm rooting for the guy.. but still. Slap on the wrist be damned. He attacked the president!!
Exactly...and he did it on camera
tired.gif
tired.gif

and like dmxfury said he could have got 15 years he got off easy

^Yep. If it was Obama I guarantee some idiot on here would be calling for the death penalty, and you guys know it.

seriously as much as you hate a President, you still have to give them some respect. I mean he is the President after all. I mean same result happen when HugoChavez said some things about Bush, and many NTer's were applauding Chavez for saying it. Boggles the mind really. Its like your parents, you may hate themand everything, never want to speak to them, but you still have to give them your respect.

To me its like this..

you know you were going to get sentenced to life either way for robbing a Winter Fresh or committing mass murder..
Word to me I'm committing CRAZY MURDER & getting it in.

LOL you may say how does this relate well if the guy I felt responsible for killing my fam is in the room & I'm going to do something that's going to get me in trouble anyway I might as well get my money's worth..

I hear what your saying, basically if your going to do something on that magnitude, go for it all in a sense. Maybe he truly didn't know for all intensepurposes that the "stunt" that he pulled would have him go to jail whether he connected with that shoe or not, even for just getting 3 years formissing he might has well did something far worse just to say he did it or be remembered as a national hero by his country. I still think maybe folks shouldthink about this situation from his perspective as to why he threw the shoe in the first place.

Threatening the President carries up to five years

I guess he should've connected
grin.gif

WOW
smh.gif
.........A lot of what's going on outside this country makes absolutelyno sense whatsoever.

Deuce I understand why he did it, but don't understand why he or others would be surprised at the punishment. Again this is the President, not somerandomite guy.

Deuce I understand why he did it, but don't understand why he or others would be surprised at the punishment. Again this is the President, not some randomite guy.

I gotta say I'm kinda surprised at the sentence of 3 years seeing as how this happened in a foreign country and not on US soil. From an honest perspective he attacked, or attempted to attack the President so he should be dealt with accordingly, and that's whether you liked Bush or not. I just didn't think that the Iraqi government would give him a sentence like that, but at the same time he did attack a foreign leader so he got what was coming to him.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Invade a country and overthrow their dictator while hundreds of thousands die in the process - 0 years

Throw a shoe at the individual who invaded the country - 3 years

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
QFT

Back
Top Bottom