Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

and they all look "well off" and too busy recording him

so maybe they paid a lot more for the "intimate setting" and at the end of the day, if it's an L, that's why he spends so much time overseas.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by superswag

i think kanye did to 50, during that whole graduation vs curtis thing, what 50 did to ja rule circa 2003
laugh.gif
Not even close. 50 JaRuled himself. He made people tired of him that whole thinghe had with Ross was the last straw he looked like a clown most of the time.
good point bout 50 self destructing. but the graduation/curtis faceoff imho have been the start of 50's downward spiral...

just my thoughts

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Im sure he is doing well for himself in other aspects but music wise he probablly isnt getting money. But really who is getting money off music nowadays?
Kanye is...

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by gambit215

Lotta 50 hate on NT....wow.........all I know is 50 isnt just a rapper anymore, you cant expect him to be on the radio every 5 minutes, 50 can always come back with a hit because unlike most of your favorite artists, the man can put a SONG together....... Im afraid to see the anti-Drake posts when he gets stale...you people are fickle as hell...

50 could never rap... he cant really make songs either outside of the aftermath formula... which is why he's done... all his $*!! is formulated $#%+@$%@ with super simple rhymes and the same hook melody... dude is trash...
Wow at you having no clue how music writing works. 50 was taught structure of songs. I say this every month when somebody brings up Lil Wayne. Wayne has NO structure of his songs and can't write a SONG to save his life. Let him freestyle his crazy non sense off the top of his head, but its so unorganized and you all know it. 50 can write a organized song to the point that you know he knows how music works. Add to the fact that 50 came and did what he said he wanted to do. Get Rich............... and hes not dead.
what are u talkin about? they both know song structure... only thing is 50 uses the same formula to put all of his %$$! together so it sounds the same and uninspired... wayne takes chances and ultimately makes better songs... 50 cent hasnt made a dope song in years
Baby by me is an example of a perfect structured song my friend. Do you song write? Do you know how music is written? I am a song writer and believe or not, there is a science to song writing and Wayne does not do good at it. Want to know who does in their camp? Drake. Thats why his stuff catches on. He knows how to structure his writings. Wayne doesn't therefore his songs suck. Want to know why Lollipop blew up? Static Major. Dude understood  song structure.
Wayne cant write a song ?
His most recent example of this has to be Single from No Ceilings .

That songs a hit, and he constructed it perfectly.

Waynes no amazing writer of songs, but he can write and make hits when he needs .

I got examples I can show you, were if they were for an album, they woulda been hits.

Got Money wasnt written well ?

Not only his HIT singles, but other songs, Trouble ? 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

so maybe they paid a lot more for the "intimate setting" and at the end of the day, if it's an L, that's why he spends so much time overseas.

overseas money >>> domestic money.

i think kanye did to 50, during that whole graduation vs curtis thing, what 50 did to ja rule circa 2003
laugh.gif
Not even close. 50 JaRuled himself. He made people tired of him that whole thinghe had with Ross was the last straw he looked like a clown most of the time.
good point bout 50 self destructing. but the graduation/curtis faceoff imho have been the start of 50's downward spiral...

just my thoughts

roll.gif

50 and Kanye both sold, kanye just sold more. Curtis was just a more mainstream album, that's why he didn't sell more.

If he would of stayed true and used same formula as his other albums he would of definitely sold more than kanye... (my opinion)

50 is still the man though ya can't front. Dude has hits and $$$$$$$$$$$.

He'll come back trust and believe.

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Originally Posted by gambit215

Lotta 50 hate on NT....wow.........all I know is 50 isnt just a rapper anymore, you cant expect him to be on the radio every 5 minutes, 50 can always come back with a hit because unlike most of your favorite artists, the man can put a SONG together....... Im afraid to see the anti-Drake posts when he gets stale...you people are fickle as hell...

50 could never rap... he cant really make songs either outside of the aftermath formula... which is why he's done... all his $*!! is formulated $#%+@$%@ with super simple rhymes and the same hook melody... dude is trash...
Wow at you having no clue how music writing works. 50 was taught structure of songs. I say this every month when somebody brings up Lil Wayne. Wayne has NO structure of his songs and can't write a SONG to save his life. Let him freestyle his crazy non sense off the top of his head, but its so unorganized and you all know it. 50 can write a organized song to the point that you know he knows how music works. Add to the fact that 50 came and did what he said he wanted to do. Get Rich............... and hes not dead.
what are u talkin about? they both know song structure... only thing is 50 uses the same formula to put all of his %$$! together so it sounds the same and uninspired... wayne takes chances and ultimately makes better songs... 50 cent hasnt made a dope song in years
Baby by me is an example of a perfect structured song my friend. Do you song write? Do you know how music is written? I am a song writer and believe or not, there is a science to song writing and Wayne does not do good at it. Want to know who does in their camp? Drake. Thats why his stuff catches on. He knows how to structure his writings. Wayne doesn't therefore his songs suck. Want to know why Lollipop blew up? Static Major. Dude understood  song structure.
Wayne cant write a song ?
His most recent example of this has to be Single from No Ceilings .

That songs a hit, and he constructed it perfectly.

Waynes no amazing writer of songs, but he can write and make hits when he needs .

I got examples I can show you, were if they were for an album, they woulda been hits.

Got Money wasnt written well ?

Not only his HIT singles, but other songs, Trouble ? 
You cannot compare 50's song writing with Wayne. He himself knows his stuff is not organized the best. He may say some sick things, but he does not organize them well and they show. Single was written in a Drake-like formula and it shows as well. The structure is not as strong as other top artist. Let him say some crazy stuff off his head and have you impressed, but it means nothing without being organized. Kanye can show you how a strong structure creates a strong feeling. Songs are stories,  and if your telling a story with no true purpose, then your wasting my time and others time.

I will break down every last detail if I have to so you can understand what SONG STRUCTURE is and how Wayne lacks it. And I am a fan of 50 which is why I am defending him.

Originally Posted by Adi934LiiFe

laugh.gif

just my thoughts

roll.gif

50 and Kanye both sold, kanye just sold more. Curtis was just a more mainstream album, that's why he didn't sell more.

If he would of stayed true and used same formula as his other albums he would of definitely sold more than kanye... (my opinion)

That doesn't make sense cause I woulda thought that would help him sell more albums. . .

Song writing from Wayne sucks really ? Wait Ima let the songs speak, Im done with typing .

Just a few examples.. Ima Wayne fan so Ima defend him.
But Im also a 50 fan.

Originally Posted by scorpio04

laugh.gif

just my thoughts

roll.gif

That doesn't make sense cause I woulda thought that would help him sell more albums. . .
Not really. He did songs with people like Nicole and it just came across bad. If BISD was released in 07 with I get money as the lead single, followed back Ayo Tech, things would have been better. But Im happy both artist could co exist and change the face of rap all together.

Originally Posted by scorpio04

laugh.gif

just my thoughts

roll.gif

50 cent fans are stupid...

Baby by me

Hate it or love it

Back down

Patiently Waiting

I get money

[h1]Do You Think About Me!!!![/h1]

Just a few. Oh random fact, 50 rarely uses all the big name producers so he already saves tons of money right there
Amusement Park

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Where do yall get this notion from
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

just my thoughts
I think both of you are right in a sense. I think 50 "Ja Ruled" himself but I think Kanye had a part in that $#* as well. It wasn't even intentional on 'Ye's part. 'Ye tried to escape the drama with that beef and that's what hurt Fif. Kanye didn't take the bait and he ethered him in sales.

Then the Rawse beef came around and while Rawse was dropping the superior music Fif over here shooting videos with wigs on.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

how the %%@* did this ******ed %%% arguement start? how did wayne get into this?

what are yall even arguing? this +++%* over here talkin about $$%@$% producers and saving money smh

Where do yall get this notion from
laugh.gif
Seriously. People don't even realize how dumb that +*$ is. Only people that bring that +*$ up is G-Unit stans and Wu Tang fans. I say this everytime people bring up this dumb %%# overseas money argument. You haven't left your city so how do you know what's going on in another country?

^ this happens in every single thread i read on here. try going over to the sports forum and just type "kobe" in a thread and you're almost guaranteed to start an argument that has nothing to do with the topic.

If more ppl go to your concerts and shows overseas, you make more money. So if you sell out more overseas than in the states it's easy to see which is the better income after you convert it to USD.

based off this track, you could tell 50 isnt on good terms wit iovine and in the music business this could mean horrible results especially when your signed to him

This argument is played. You say this everytime G-Unit/Wu Tang is brought up.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom