Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

Originally Posted by flossb15

YES simple economics FTW BUTTTT
you forget, they dont ask for 10,000 euro they ask for 10,000 USD ... no matter how you slice it they get the rate they ask for... so 10,000usd is sent as 8120 EURO (half up front - the rest when contract is fulfilled)

Now as i said early travel and living expenses are more so that is written in contract to be covered, but other than that artist get their going rate...

ALSO unless you're an ALIST (Jay-Z, U2, Madonna etc) Festivals are played at a discount rate
Usually playing at these famous festivals you take a pay cut, which is why you dont see that many over the top lineups after the main 3 acts...

Fashawn manager told me they took a paycut to do sxsw this year and actually lost money of doing a regular tour showcase - because magazines, press, blogs figure you owe them and they are doing you a favor for the people you can market to... think about it fashawn does a regular show- he doesnt have nearly the chance of getting the same amount of people as SXSW does, so he takes his chances on a paycut and gaining new fans of his peers who make similar music

part of the festival thing is correct...

and was it Hektik you were talking to? dudes cool as hell

I don't know if hes being blackballed but dudes money is right up there with Jay Z and Diddy and he only came on the scene in 03', we all saw with the weight loss hes venturing into other fields of entertainment such as acting and as someone mentioned in this thread, after GRODT he barely used any big name producers on his albums so nobody should feel bad for dude, he'll be alright.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I don't know if hes being blackballed but dudes money is right up there with Jay Z and Diddy and he only came on the scene in 03', we all saw with the weight loss hes venturing into other fields of entertainment such as acting and as someone mentioned in this thread, after GRODT he barely used any big name producers on his albums so nobody should feel bad for dude, he'll be alright.

you don't need big name producers to make good music. remember that.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

i think he's saying that to say that 50 banks on his projects w/o bloated producer budgets

Originally Posted by Dan3429

i think he's saying that to say that 50 banks on his projects w/o bloated producer budgets
exactly

exactly
Yeaaaaa 50 doesnt pay for his album out of his own pocket. He just has a terrible ear for beats.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

exactly
Yeaaaaa 50 doesnt pay for his album out of his own pocket. He just has a terrible ear for beats.
laugh.gif
grin.gif

who you think we talking about, nas or something? before i self destruct was flames top to bottom.

i'll tell you what though, 50 cent has yet to win any major awards and in that sense he's been HEAVILY blackballed.

besides the "break thru" artist awards, hes never gonna win them. what i mean is yea, he was the best new artist, but when he didnt get it (kanye aint get them either) you can S!!! on the award shows and expect them to just "not get him back"

but he definately earned them.

OK, I'll be real. 50 had a few great songs on his last album. Baby By Me, alright/ok (I forget the title), and Still Think of Me were on point...but as for the continuation of his career... hes just not in it anymore. Theres nothing else to draw people to him. I feel bad for liking his stuff only because I know he'll end up going to an interview and saying he did it for the money and not because he thought it would be a good song. It just seems contrived these days. This is of course with his constant bickering.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

how the %%@* did this ******ed %%% arguement start? how did wayne get into this?

what are yall even arguing? this +++%* over here talkin about $$%@$% producers and saving money smh
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ninjahood wrote:

who you think we talking about, nas or something? before i self destruct was flames top to bottom.

laugh.gif

Thats almost sig-worthy.

It wasnt a bad album at all, but flames top to bottom...No way in hell.

50 does kinda have a wack ear for beats... he from ny but always on some west coast dre knockoff !++%... all them beats b soundin the same...

this is what i think people dont understand......
In 03...50 was not selling just music, he was a brand/lifestyle...something bigger than music

everybody wanted to be gangsta & bought 50/g-unit merchandise in droves

gangsta went mainstream in 03; thus 50 was mainstream at that time

since gangsta isnt hot right now...50 isnt hot right now

at the end of the day though, 50 was smart, he capitalized on his brand, when people wanted to be like him

thats the difference between 50 & wayne/drake/ym, their brand is just not well developed

gangsta is over & 50 is smart enough to diversify
You're giving Curtis too much credit. When your endorsements are based off of you rap career what happens when you're rap career fails? 50 should've been marketing Curtis Jackson. Not the G-Unit brand. Anything associated with G-Unit will fail because his career in rap is failing. Curtis Jackson is the one who snagged the Vitamin Water deal. We didn't hear about it until after he sold his share. G-Unit clothing, the cologne, the other brands he's promoted with the G-Unit name? There done so I don't see how anyone can give him credit for being smart for that %%%.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

50 does kinda have a wack ear for beats... he from ny but always on some west coast dre knockoff !++%... all them beats b soundin the same...
That's what kills me about Fif's music. That wack generic Dre beat she be picking up. That's the same @@% that happened to P. Stopped F'in with the Beats By Da Pound and he was picking up some generic !*! beats.

i read all the things interesting....

His movies look good, and if he was really blackballed, would the rest of the entertainment world be embracing him?? hollywood seems to be his next avenue, taking the LL cool J route.

this is what i think people dont understand......
In 03...50 was not selling just music, he was a brand/lifestyle...something bigger than music

everybody wanted to be gangsta & bought 50/g-unit merchandise in droves

gangsta went mainstream in 03; thus 50 was mainstream at that time

since gangsta isnt hot right now...50 isnt hot right now

at the end of the day though, 50 was smart, he capitalized on his brand, when people wanted to be like him

thats the difference between 50 & wayne/drake/ym, their brand is just not well developed

gangsta is over & 50 is smart enough to diversify

QFT...Where in this music game would 50 be relevant ? people wanna party and have a good time give another 18 months it will be back to that grimey gritty music

It seems like Banks is sort of seperating himself from 50 by dropping singles with people the Unit would never work with. 50 basically got rich and stopped trying.

Back
Top Bottom