Is 50 Cent getting Blackballed by the Music Industry? **Updated 4/8/12**

Def a good read. Makes Alot of sense when broken down in a timeline.. I mean sure 50's music became trash over the years but let's not act as if having talent is a pivotal in selling records nowadays.

Wit that said 50 seems to have the right mindset and enough money and intelligence to really do something, However...... let's not hope that suddenly 50 doesn't end up dead in a hotel room off an apparent overdose...

Or better yet "a casualty of old beef"......... Hell prodigy already said they tried to get him to plant a loaded gun in 50's car back when P was going through his legal troubles

Boo hoo.
Dry your tears with 100 dollar bills.

Yayo is the only reason 50 blew up.

It's common knowledge, but Yayo took the heat for 50.

Yayo should be good for life.

Will read later
nerd.gif

He did it to himself, but he's not getting blackballed. Nobody wants to hear his new stuff, so his label won't drop a 50 album any time soon. He's Nelly status.

Even if Jay and Ye get 300k a show, if 50 gets 60k, thats still caking...and you gotta think about it like this, Jay and Yeezy put much more time and effort into their music to warrant that 300k than 50 does. Jay and Yeezy are the current staples of the hip hop scene, 50 just shows his face once in awhile (if that), and randomly drops a mixtape or an album here or there.

One thing i do know, is that when I saw Jay and 50 at the Roc the Mic Tour, 50 TORE IT DOWN! The crowd was going crazy when he came out to Many Men. If I recall, Jay came on first, then 50 finished the show

At the end of the day his money is longer than 98% percent of hiphop. and he's far from a fool so i expect it to keep growing, with that said Interscope will go through any means to stop him from gaining any sort of voice in hiphop again

1 thing i can say for Fif is that he is the only dude who helped his whole camp go platinum. He did for Yayo and Banks and Game what Hov could never do for Bleek and Beans, Young Gunz (and Bleek > Yayo by alot). I wouldnt credit Jay for any of Kanye's early success, being that the 1st joints you ever heard him on were Talib joints, and seeing him on tour with Talib

Damn Flashy One, that was a VERY good read, and being that i was a huge G-Unit fan at one point, I felt like i was able to see all of that unfold.
There was just something off about the quality of a lot of post-05 G-unit releases even some of the mixtapes. That fall from grace is something else.

Yall really think if 50 came to Interscope with a great record they wouldnt put money behind it?

50 is sitting because he refuses to restructure his contract (which is his right not to do so)

He flopped with BISD and owes the label money he refuses go 360 to help the label recoup (which is his right to do)

So Interscope is having him sit while 50 conitues to make bread off other deals and shows. While they show a red number next to him at the label

This is supposedly 50's last album with them so 50 can literally drop another dud and leave the label owing even more money. They not bout to do that (which is Interscope's right to do so)

Thats the truth. Thats business.

^While those are facts, you have to account for the fact that 50 was making money outside of Interscope. Thisis50, Vitamin Water, the headphones...etc. He didn't need Interscope and they no longer felt "in charge."

And then what about what LL said about the people behind soundscans lying about the numbers sold? It was on twitter.

50 dont need to drop another album IMO. he's good financially and he can still make mills if he feels like touring.

Great read...thanks for that.

I think it may be true. Did he bring this on himself? Maybe...but I do believe he has a right to speak out and if he is making a change, I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom