laugh.gif
mean.gif
is this a real conversation?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Sex = male and female

Gender = masculine and feminine

So in essence:

Sex refers to biological differences; chromosomes, hormonal profiles, internal and external sex organs.

Gender describes the characteristics that a society or culture delineates as masculine or feminine.

So while your sex as male or female is a biological fact that is the same in any culture, what that sex means in terms of your gender role as a 'man' or a 'woman' in society can be quite different cross culturally. These 'gender roles' have an impact on the health of the individual.

In sociological terms 'gender role' refers to the characteristics and behaviours that different cultures attribute to the sexes. What it means to be a 'real man' in any culture requires male sex plus what our various cultures define as masculine characteristics and behaviours, likewise a 'real woman' needs female sex and feminine characteristics.

You dudes are so unbelievably ignorant, cynical, judgmental and fickle dudes. Feel bad for you cats man.
mean.gif
watch the two hour interview which I can guarantee most of you haven't, and it will open your eyes on the transgender community. What Bruce did was shine a light on a part of society a lot of us don't understand. This message and his story will undoubtedly save lives. So until you have actually watched this, your opinion is irrelevant. It opened my eyes up and completely changed my opinion and views on him personally. The story and interview were both very compelling.
Co-sign

Technically he is gay, if he is attracted to women. 
Technically he is not gay; you are confusing Gender identification with sexual preference, which are two different things.
What do you consider a real woman? A vagina? Boobs? Uterus?

XX Chromosone
This country is pushing agendas so hard it's ridiculous..
When people say that so and so is pushing an Agenda, what they are really saying is; "I am completely ignorant and uncomfortable with this topic. I have absolutely nothing constructive to add to the conversation."
You guys have your opinion and I have mine and there is absolutely no budging my sentiments on this issue.

Gotta love close minds, the cancer of humanity.

Nah I actually understand your point and opinion and I respect it because you're not trying to be offensive about it.

Just to be clear Bruce Jenner is biologically a male and will always be. He isn't seeking to be a female, he has never said he is a female. He is seeking to be a woman and to be perceived as a woman.

Female = Biology

Woman = Society's perception

Can Bruce Jenner be a female? No he can not, can he be a woman? Yes he can.
thanks man. i respect that

I dont have nothing against surgery. I do have a issue with the, claiming to be something aint.

How would you feel if somebody called their Chrysller 300 a Bentley?
I see where you're coming from. But our consciousness is the most valuable part of us and it's what makes a person distinctively themselves. So in my opinion consciousness>bodily form.

Its funny what some of you ****** choose to stand on the front lines for.

why is it funny?

what made you type this kind of comment?
Because contributing to threads on a forum means you be front and center holding a picket sign
laugh.gif
this is stupid

@heLiumcLinton you're my man. you got your head on straight.

it's kinda pointless to go back & forth with the blastercombos & ubetterthanmes of the world

Last edited:
That entire family is smart as hell man.

Legit feel like this was a business decision to do this. I ain't even mad. Dude bank account gonna be on some next level ****
Agreed. Mama Kris is an ice queen and knows exactly what she's doing.

It's not funny, what I've learned over the years is that people only care about their own.  You could have someone picketing for police violence against blacks one week, while attending a church that denies gay marriage. It's funny when it isn't you. People are being oversensitive these days when it isn't you. Hypocrites.
Exactly! A lot of hypocrites on this board too.

I'm watching the news and they said dude believes he is a women but he is sexually attracted to women. I'm so confused.

i see some people in here are still confusing sexual orientation with gender identity.. you can be a transgender person & attracted to whomever you please, gender is of the mind, sexual orientation is a matter of the heart [as far as your attraction to whomever] & your biological sex can be male, female or even intersexed. also i wouldn't consider a man that is attracted to a transgender woman as a homosexual, but that's another story for another day, some of you are saying he's not a "real'' woman because he's not attracted to men, so what about lesbians, the moral is there are more grey areas when dealing with these topics than people discuss, and we need equality for all.

i applaud bruce for his journey, but more importantly i applaud him for speaking out on the violence & murder of so many transgender women of color, that's the part that surprised me the most, i don't want to be in a world where children would rather commit suicide than live their truth because of what other people think of them or how they are treated, it has to end. you might not agree with it or understand it, but you don't need to disrespect someone for living in their truth.

+1 especially for the second section.

He's still X,Y...and just because you say gender identity and sexuality are two different things doesn't mean they actually are.

He's still X,Y...and just because you say gender identity and sexuality are two different things doesn't mean they actually are.
[h3]Sexual orientation[/h3]
"Sexual orientation" is the preferred term used when referring to an individual's physical and/or emotional attraction to the same and/or opposite gender. "Gay," "lesbian," "bisexual" and "straight" are all examples of sexual orientations. A person's sexual orientation is distinct from a person's gender identity and expression.
[h3]  [/h3][h3]Gender identity[/h3]
The term "gender identity," distinct from the term "sexual orientation," refers to a person's innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender, which may or may not correspond to the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom