Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Yes, with Billups in '09. Quite a few people had Denver pulling the upset after LA struggled with the Rockets role players & the Nuggets had destroyed both New Orleans & Dallas.

Melo was amazing in game 1.

Last edited:
i want him to start taking over series in playoffs. like i dont even remember a memorable gm he had in the playoffs. im sure he played well in gms but nothing stands out.

he's definitely top 10

Last edited:
Melo needs a conference Championship. Has he even BEEN to a conference championship?
Yes he has.  If you're gonna diss him, at least know the facts 
laugh.gif

i want him to start taking over series in playoffs. like i dont even remember a memorable gm he had in the playoffs. im sure he played well in gms but nothing stands out.
he's definitely top 10
People need to actually do their research and see why he hasn't had success in the playoffs.  It's not enough to just browse the stats and decide that he's not that good because he lost in the 1st round every year except one, and that's it.  Look at WHO he lost to.

03-04 - Minnesota Timberwolves (Western CF Runner Up during KG's MVP season)

04-05 - San Antonio Spurs (Champions)

06-07 - San Antonio Spurs (Champions)  (Lost in 5 games.  Same team that swept the Cavs in the Finals)

07-08 - Los Angeles Lakers (Finals runner ups)

08-09 - Los Angeles Lakers (Champions)

Now why exactly was he supposed to win any of those series when his team wasn't nearly as good as any of those other teams?  The only other two losses were to the Clippers (05-06) who had home court against the Nuggets, and against Utah (09-10) when their head coach was missing because of cancer treatment.  He led them to 50 wins a season, which only was good enough for a lower seed in the West due to the competition.  Not to mention, his big men were hurt every season, between K-Mart, Camby, and Nene to cancer.  

Before Lebron went to Miami...he had only beaten ONE 50 Win team in the playoffs his entire career.  That team was the Detroit Pistons, which sent him to the Finals.  All the other 50+ win teams he faced, he lost to.  Pistons, Celtics twice, Spurs, Magic.  

This season is the first in which the team was flawlessly built around him.  If you want to judge him, judge him after this season.  We'll see what he does with it...

I have no intention of eating any "humble pie" my previous analysis on Melo had been unerringly correct, good for Melo for stop taking long jumpshots and going back to the post up animal he was in college but none of this changes any of the previous 8 seasons of play and 20 games certainly doesn't make you right, :lol:

With all the said I would like to see if he is going to continue shooting 46% from 3 and he's going to win an MVP given the fact he plays for the knicks and their is no overrated like knicks overrated. He's not playing better than Bron or Durant but if he continues at even 80% of his paste the new york hype machine will give it to him and I will vomit.

Im absolutely positive a lot of you haven't watched Melo much during his career. I mean coming into the league no one ever questioned if he was a winner, he makes the playoffs every year and takes L's mainly to teams that go on to win the chip yet this is his fault? He's played just as well in Denver with a worse team.You guys ever stop to think maybe the other 4 players on the court have an effect on the game? I don't think this is a "new" Melo just he has teammates willing to play their role. This will translate to wins

Why is everything, "He has made it to this point. He hasn't made it to that point." Do people forget that basketball is a team sport? Melo hasn't done anything. It ain't him, it is his team. Who was his teams supposed to beat in the playoffs for the years they lost in Denver? Who did they lose to that they were supposed to beat?

While no one on the Knicks is matching Westbrook's talent and productivity individually, you could make the case that Melo's cast has been better overall than Durant's.

Ehhhh I don't know. It's so close.

Westbrook takes SO much attention off Durant. There simply isn't that number 2 scorer on the Knicks that opposing teams gameplay for

Teams plan to stop Westbrook and Durant. Teams plan to stop melo. Maybe when amare comes back itll be different.

Then again Kidd has been so damn smart besides that DUI.

But the thunder are so young and athletic.

And oh is out of his mind with the new York hype machine argument. Rose will get MVP because of the story but melo won't. Writers will choose Durant because they can't stand melo and the knicks

I doubt Knicks fans care about the MVP anyway

The simple fact is that lebron was very lucky to play in the east. Extreeeeemly lucky. And he also gave up

Last edited:
Knicks remind me of the falcons and texans..pretty record but wont do jack come playoff time

Despite the hate Melo gets he has had a pretty stellar career and this year so far he has solidified his spot back in the top 10..

Knicks remind me of the falcons and texans..pretty record but wont do jack come playoff time

Despite the hate Melo gets he has had a pretty stellar career and this year so far he has solidified his spot back in the top 10..

How can they remind you of some **** that hasn't even happened yet?

Im absolutely positive a lot of you haven't watched Melo much during his career. I mean coming into the league no one ever questioned if he was a winner, he makes the playoffs every year and takes L's mainly to teams that go on to win the chip yet this is his fault? He's played just as well in Denver with a worse team.You guys ever stop to think maybe the other 4 players on the court have an effect on the game? I don't think this is a "new" Melo just he has teammates willing to play their role. This will translate to wins

I'm absolutely positive you are an imbecile. The proof is in the pudding, he's posting up more than he ever has, this is a fact not merely uninformed assumption, he's shooting 3's at clip he never has before. If you believe this is the same Melo in Denver you need re-evaluate everything you belive about basketball.

With a worse team, huh? I remember the other 4 players he played with, I remember hall of farmers like Buillups and AI, I remember former all stars and high level performers like Camby and Nene, awesome defensive players like Kenyon and Afflalo.

The idea that Melo dragged some group of incompetent bums to the playoffs is so stupid I don't even know where to begin, you need to find jesus or something

I'm absolutely positive you are an imbecile. The proof is in the pudding, he's posting up more than he ever has, this is a fact not merely uninformed assumption, he's shooting 3's at clip he never has before. If you believe this is the same Melo in Denver you need re-evaluate everything you belive about basketball.

With a worse team, huh? I remember the other 4 players he played with, I remember hall of farmers like Buillups and AI, I remember former all stars and high level performers like Camby and Nene, awesome defensive players like Kenyon and Afflalo.

The idea that Melo dragged some group of incompetent bums to the playoffs is so stupid I don't even know where to begin, you need to find jesus or something

I agree with you to some extent. Melo didn't have a garbage team during his years with Denver. The year he had Billups, he went to the ECF. Those AI years were a waste though. Let's not try to explain that one :lol:

He did lose to teams that won the championship almost every year in the playoffs. It's def not his fault and an a testament to him being a "poor performing" superstar. He just got caught up in a bad matchup. The way you guys bring up this argument is almost like he's on the same level as T-Mac.

In terms of demeanor and attitude, Melo is a different player. He is finally taking a leadership role with his team and being held accountable for all his actions and play. He takes the responsibility to lead his team and set the tone. His approach to the defensive end and hustle has even been proven to be there all year long so far. This isn't a fluke or a 2 month thing.

He's shooting lights out, getting others involved and he's been more of an efficient player this year than he's ever been in his career. This is arguably the best year of his career.

Last edited:
He's virtually the same player he was as his best years in Denver.

He's still not creating plays for his teammates, his assist aren't there. He's still not a great defender no matter how much these analyst say he's improved on that end. (Despite what ESPN will try and feed you. I have eyes of my own. He's just trying to defend. It "looks like he's playing D) He's still a volume scorer. He's simply just making shots at a nice clip right now and has good teammates who are doing the same. And this is coming from a Melo fan.

The only difference is winning. If (or When) they slow down, it'll be interesting to see how people and the media talk about The Knicks. And even if he does continue this through the season, he still has to prove it in the playoffs.

He legit in my eyes looks like the same Melo as years before except the team is playing better, he's making shots right now, and they are winning. We'll see how the rest of this season plays out for Melo and the Knicks.

He's virtually the same player he was as his best years in Denver.

He's still not creating plays for his teammates, his assist aren't there. He's still not a great defender no matter how much these analyst say he's improved on that end. (Despite what ESPN will try and feed you. I have eyes of my own. He's just trying to defend. It "looks like he's playing D) He's still a volume scorer. He's simply just making shots at a nice clip right now and has good teammates who are doing the same. And this is coming from a Melo fan.

The only difference is winning. If (or When) they slow down, it'll be interesting to see how people and the media talk about The Knicks. And even if he does continue this through the season, he still has to prove it in the playoffs.

He legit in my eyes looks like the same Melo as years before except the team is playing better, he's making shots right now, and they are winning. We'll see how the rest of this season plays out for Melo and the Knicks.

I have to disagree with you. I've watched every single Knicks game this year, and Melo is different this year. You just see it with his play and hustle. And what do you mean he doesn't get his teammates involved? Sometimes getting your team involved goes beyond the assist totals. And doesn't play defense? You do know that he cut his finger open going into the stands trying to get a loose ball, right?

Why do some of u feel the need to add input when u really aren't prepared to do so? By that I mean its obvious a good amount of u have not watched him play much this year so why do u feel the need to knock him? Does your hate for a Man U do not actually know run that deep?

I have to disagree with you. I've watched every single Knicks game this year, and Melo is different this year. You just see it with his play and hustle. And what do you mean he doesn't get his teammates involved? Sometimes getting your team involved goes beyond the assist totals. And doesn't play defense? You do know that he cut his finger open going into the stands trying to get a loose ball, right?

He doesn't make plays for his teammates. On a team with that many shooters, he's below 2 assist for the season. You are correct in that getting your team involved goes beyond the assist totals but come on, 1.9 assist? What MVP candidate that was a wing in the NBA has EVER totaled assist numbers that low? That says something. When he catches the ball it's either going up, or a pass, not a pass that leads to a score for his teammates.

And you didn't defend Melo playing D this year by the fact that he cut his hand going for a loose ball, I know you didn't :lol:

My point is I haven't seen anything that has made him this "brand new player" and candidate for MVP other than the fact that they are winning.

Why do some of u feel the need to add input when u really aren't prepared to do so? By that I mean its obvious a good amount of u have not watched him play much this year so why do u feel the need to knock him? Does your hate for a Man U do not actually know run that deep?

Gotta love the whole "because I'm not agreeing with you" I'm Knocking him or hating on him :lol: However i've seen almost every game of The Knicks this year and that's what I came away with. I have no reason to hate on Melo. I'm a fan of his. I'm just saying...

Why can't people just be seeing something different than what you are seeing? That doesn't mean they haven't watched the Knicks.

He doesn't make plays for his teammates. On a team with that many shooters, he's below 2 assist for the season. You are correct in that getting your team involved goes beyond the assist totals but come on, 1.9 assist? What MVP candidate that was a wing in the NBA has EVER totaled assist numbers that low? That says something. When he catches the ball it's either going up, or a pass, not a pass that leads to a score for his teammates.

And you didn't defend Melo playing D this year by the fact that he cut his hand going for a loose ball, I know you didn't :lol:

My point is I haven't seen anything that has made him this "brand new player" and candidate for MVP other than the fact that they are winning.

Dude, throws himself into the stands, dives to the floor to get loose balls, plays up against his man which happens to be bigger than him on most nights because he's playing the 4. What more do you want from him? Melo isn't going to lead the league in steals or isn't going to pin down the ball on the backboard, but his defense has improved. He even has this new block from the blind side defensive attack he's been doing this year.

Watch a knicks game that's not on national TV and tell me he doesn't play defense this year.

And going back to the assist totals. If they counted hockey assist, he'd get around 5-6 a game. Because he sees so many doubles, he'll kick it out to someone and that person finds the open man. Why do you think the Knicks are shooting so well from 3 this year? A lot of those shots are open looks.

Watch this clip here. Everything you see on this clip, Melo has been doing consistently all year long. You even see that block I was referring to earlier in my post. He does that every game.

EDIT: I don't know what the video is in Chinese. Ignore that. It's the best one I could find.

Last edited:
Why can't people just be seeing something different than what you are seeing? That doesn't mean they haven't watched the Knicks.
this is an ongoing theme with him.  no other nba player has his game nitpicked as much as melo on here.  instead of appreciate how much of a beast he his yall constantly knock him for not being lebron james. dude makes 20 pt quarters look effortless and yet we wanna knock his assist numbers while he plays with 3 playmaking pgs.  by bringing up his assist numbers in a way u are suggesting he is playing selfish and anyone who has consistently watched knicks games this year knows that is not the case.  this team is designed for him to get buckets and thats what hes doing.  i dont think hes some type of transformed player but he has cut back on the forced shots and his effort on defense has been more consistent.  a good coach can usually have that effect on players.  

You might have watched a few games here and there, but you clearly didn't follow the situation in Denver with any seriousness. The reason he's shooting the 3 at such a clip is because he's been given the green light to do so. George Karl had Melo keeping 3 point attempts to a minimum. Melo began to shine from 3 as soon as D'Antoni told him to fire away. Where D'Antoni messed up when he tried to make Melo a point forward.

If you think think this team isn't better than what he had in Denver, then I don't know what to say. Even if you think the team in Denver had more talent, I'd really like to see you make a case for that team's cohesiveness. Kenyon, Nene, and Camby were all playing musical (wheel)chairs. On top of that Karl never had a clear-cut plan for that squad. They had no identity with or without Melo.

No one called the squad in denver "incompetent bums,' just worse by comparison. Melo has mainly stepped up his conditioning and his effort on both ends. His actual game has not changed nearly as much as it has been intensified. He works harder to stay in front of the ball (still needs to stop getting beat on backdoor cuts) and his moves on offense are more decisive in a system that actually takes his offensive skill set into consideration.

Winning changes perception... A LOT. In Denver he was usually 2nd among forwards in assists to LeBron when he was "selfish." Now the new "team-first" Melo is averaging a career low in assists. Point is, he's winning in a major market that desperately needed it, he's feasting off the east which he's never really had a chance to do before, and he's playing with the best veteran leadership he's had in the best system he's had a chance to play in.

Welp, right now his team is 18-5 with the best record in the east, and he's playing some of the best basketball of his career. That's indisputable.

Last edited:
You might have watched a few games here and there, but you clearly didn't follow the situation in Denver with any seriousness. The reason he's shooting the 3 at such a clip is because he's been given the green light to do so. George Karl had Melo keeping 3 point attempts to a minimum. Melo began to shine from 3 as soon as D'Antoni told him to fire away. Where D'Antoni messed up when he tried to make Melo a point forward.
If you think think this team isn't better than what he had in Denver, then I don't know what to say. Even if you think the team in Denver had more talent, I'd really like to see you make a case for that team's cohesiveness. Kenyon, Nene, and Camby were all playing musical (wheel)chairs. On top of that Karl never had a clear-cut plan for that squad. They had no identity with or without Melo.
No one called the squad in denver "incompetent bums,' just worse by comparison. Melo has mainly stepped up his conditioning and his effort on both ends. His actual game has not changed nearly as much as it has been intensified. He works harder to stay in front of the ball (still needs to stop getting beat on backdoor cuts) and his moves on offense are more decisive in a system that actually takes his offensive skill set into consideration.
Winning changes perception... A LOT. In Denver he was usually 2nd among forwards in assists to LeBron when he was "selfish." Now the new "team-first" Melo is averaging a career low in assists. Point is, he's winning in a major market that desperately needed it, he's feasting off the east which he's never really had a chance to do before, and he's playing with the best veteran leadership he's had in the best system he's had a chance to play in.

11% post ups last year 18% this year, but no he's the same as he's always been, 45% from 3 vs 38%, but nah he's playing the exact same. :rolleyes

Continue to believe this delusion if you wish clearly facts don't really matter to you.

Also gimmie Melo, Chris Anderson, Nene, JR, Kenyon, Billups against this Knicks team.

Back
Top Bottom