Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

11% post ups last year 18% this year, but no he's the same as he's always been, 45% from 3 vs 38%, but nah he's playing the exact same.
eyes.gif

Continue to believe this delusion if you wish clearly facts don't really matter to you.
Also gimmie Melo, Chris Anderson, Nene, JR, Kenyon, Billups against this Knicks team.
bruh this aint 2k u cant clone melo and jr.  common sense always seems to allude you stat geeks.

even if tho our bench alone could torch them bum *** george karl led teams

One way or another, this shall be a hilarious thread to see bumped in six months.

11% post ups last year 18% this year, but no he's the same as he's always been, 45% from 3 vs 38%, but nah he's playing the exact same. :rolleyes

Continue to believe this delusion if you wish clearly facts don't really matter to you.

Also gimmie Melo, Chris Anderson, Nene, JR, Kenyon, Billups against this Knicks team.

Knicks team now, would torch the life out of that old Denver team. For the following reasons.

1. Camby, Nene and Kenyon wouldn't all be on the floor at the same time. If they we're that would be doing NY a favor.
2. JR Smith would've played like a dumbass and jacked up shots he had no business jacking up
3. Melo would ISO all game long
4. This Knicks team turns over the ball a lot less
5. More controlled JR
6. Veteran leadership
7. Chandler
8. Smarter Melo
9. Too many shooters for Denver to cover. Especially if you keep Nene/Kenyon and Camby on the floor at the same time
10. Knicks bench is a LOT deeper and better coached.

Only real advantage Denver has is a younger Billups.

I'd say Knicks win 7 game series in 5.

Last edited:
11% post ups last year 18% this year, but no he's the same as he's always been, 45% from 3 vs 38%, but nah he's playing the exact same. :rolleyes

It's easy to scan a few stats and then post like you know what you're talking about.

I already mentioned that D'Antoni had Melo playing Point the majority of last year. So now he was supposed to run point AND post up? Did you look up his post numbers from Denver?

He's on an upward trend from 3 career-wise because of his coaching changes. When Melo first landed in NY, he was shooting around 43% from 3 (to end that season). Last season, Melo was coming off elbow and wrist surgery. Either way, he's shooting better and more often from 3 than he ever was in Denver (where he never really had a green light).

I also mentioned that made note that he's been given a chance playing in a system that plays to his strengths. I guess, my question is, What is he doing that is SO different from previous seasons?(btw, I never said he's playing the "exact same") All I see is a guy that finally has a system that his skill set shines in.

And you can take that Denver team if you want, but I would take Mike Woodson's "system" over George Karl's "smart basketball" all day.

Oh and I really can't believe to called Nene a "high level performer". Were you serious with that?

Knicks remind me of the falcons and texans..pretty record but wont do jack come playoff time
Despite the hate Melo gets he has had a pretty stellar career and this year so far he has solidified his spot back in the top 10..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What is your definition of this?

Knicks remind me of the falcons and texans..pretty record but wont do jack come playoff time
Despite the hate Melo gets he has had a pretty stellar career and this year so far he has solidified his spot back in the top 10..

It's easy to scan a few stats and then post like you know what you're talking about.
I already mentioned that D'Antoni had Melo playing Point the majority of last year. So now he was supposed to run point AND post up? Did you look up his post numbers from Denver?
He's on an upward trend from 3 career-wise because of his coaching changes. When Melo first landed in NY, he was shooting around 43% from 3 (to end that season). Last season, Melo was coming off elbow and wrist surgery. Either way, he's shooting better and more often from 3 than he ever was in Denver (where he never really had a green light).
I also mentioned that made note that he's been given a chance playing in a system that plays to his strengths. I guess, my question is, What is he doing that is SO different from previous seasons?(btw, I never said he's playing the "exact same") All I see is a guy that finally has a system that his skill set shines in.
And you can take that Denver team if you want, but I would take Mike Woodson's "system" over George Karl's "smart basketball" all day.
Oh and I really can't believe to called Nene a "high level performer". Were you serious with that?

He is posting up more, and taking less mid range iso jumpers and yes im ******g serious about Nene being a high level basketball player if you can't see that then you should really just quit talking about basketball.

The position change has really helped Melo stray away from the mid-range isos. He gets a big on him, he'll either take him off the dribble or pop out for a three as most bigs aren't used to covering a player that far from the basket. If he gets a typical wing player, he''ll go to work in the post with three shooters flanking the three point line. Simple, yet effective stuff.

Last edited:
roll.gif
 at some of the names put ahead of Melo from the beginning of this thread. 

Blake Griffin? Andrew Bynum? Lamaracus Aldridge? In what universe has Lamarcus Aldridge EVER been in the same league as Melo? 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Anyway props to my man Melo. I called him having an MVP caliber season this year and hes lived up to and surpassed expectations through the first quarter of the season. My MVP list is him, Durant, Lebron respectively and I dont see anybody else getting in the way of those three for the rest of the season...

except for my man J Kidd who is straight up beasting way beyond the stat line 
nthat.gif

I'm absolutely positive you are an imbecile. The proof is in the pudding, he's posting up more than he ever has, this is a fact not merely uninformed assumption, he's shooting 3's at clip he never has before. If you believe this is the same Melo in Denver you need re-evaluate everything you belive about basketball.
With a worse team, huh? I remember the other 4 players he played with, I remember hall of farmers like Buillups and AI, I remember former all stars and high level performers like Camby and Nene, awesome defensive players like Kenyon and Afflalo.
The idea that Melo dragged some group of incompetent bums to the playoffs is so stupid I don't even know where to begin, you need to find jesus or something

Where in my statement did I say the nuggets were trash? I'll wait. I said they were worse and this team has players willing to play their role...thus opening Melo up to get to his spots better than in Denver. Very simple. It isn't like he's never played similar ever before, so please miss me with the imbecile talk. Clearly you're not a fan that's fine but it doesn't take away from the fact that we have seen him play like this before. The biggest differences are his team is winning and he is the clear leader.

Where in my statement did I say the nuggets were trash? I'll wait. I said they were worse and this team has players willing to play their role...thus opening Melo up to get to his spots better than in Denver. Very simple. It isn't like he's never played similar ever before, so please miss me with the imbecile talk. Clearly you're not a fan that's fine but it doesn't take away from the fact that we have seen him play like this before. The biggest differences are his team is winning and he is the clear leader.

1. the nuggets team was built around him, everyone played their "roles" but AS usual whenever melo doesn't succeed it's someone else fault.

2. melo took between 7-7.4 long midrange jumpshots a game he's only taking 5.1 a game this year, this year playing melo at the four he's paired down his game, and ignoring those long twos that sapped his efficiency in Denver and early for the knicks. It's 20 games, so lets see if he continues to do this, IT IS NOT THE SAME AS DENVER.

3. Wrong, big fan of Melo from syracuse, I grew up in ottawa, went to syracuse many many times, watched Melo play, had a syracuse jersey becuase of him, wanted to go there becuase of him (before I grew up and realized I would rather die than live in syracuse) just very disappointing that the big physical post up player in college loved watching fell in love with mid range jumpers and became wildly overrated. He started doing that again that one playoff run against the mavs and lakers but normaly he OD's with the mid range.

This is why I don't take the regular S&T loudmouths serious.

Melo not a top 10 player?....same dudes that fell for the Jeremy Lin hype train and get blinded by Kobe's volume scoring.

I don't know how you could seriously watch NBA ball and not know Melo has been a top 10 player for years in this league.

Dude proudly said he would take Igoudala over Melo in this thread :lol:

Last edited:
1. the nuggets team was built around him, everyone played their "roles" but AS usual whenever melo doesn't succeed it's someone else fault.
2. melo took between 7-7.4 long midrange jumpshots a game he's only taking 5.1 a game this year, this year playing melo at the four he's paired down his game, and ignoring those long twos that sapped his efficiency in Denver and early for the knicks. It's 20 games, so lets see if he continues to do this, IT IS NOT THE SAME AS DENVER.
3. Wrong, big fan of Melo from syracuse, I grew up in ottawa, went to syracuse many many times, watched Melo play, had a syracuse jersey becuase of him, wanted to go there becuase of him (before I grew up and realized I would rather die than live in syracuse) just very disappointing that the big physical post up player in college loved watching fell in love with mid range jumpers and became wildly overrated. He started doing that again that one playoff run against the mavs and lakers but normaly he OD's with the mid range.
What are you talking about?  
laugh.gif

The Nuggets management didn't do all that they needed to do, to make them a success, which is why he left.  At the beginning of his career, there were no 3 point shooters.  Teams would load up on Melo, and no one else could score the ball.  They didn't have another player who could create off the dribble until they traded for JR, and he lived in George Karl's doghouse.  

In 2004-2005, his only 3 point shooter from the season before (Voshon Leonard) was out for the season with a torn achilles. So instead, he got to drive and kick to Greg Butler, Dermarr Johnson, and Eduardo Najera  
sick.gif

From 2004-2008, Melo's starting PF (Nene) played 136 games out of 328.  He played 17 games total in the 05-06 and 07-08 seasons.

From 2005-2007, K-Mart played 129 games out of 246.  

They let Camby go before the 08-09 season, and lack of size/rebounding is the main reason they lost to the Lakers in the WCF that year.   2008-2009 was the season where they best built themselves around Melo, and everyone was healthy.  And that is why they had results.  

The AI/Melo combination never got a fair shot due to injuries.  The first year AI arrived, K-Mart missed the whole season.  AI's second year in Denver, Nene missed the whole season.  They get beat by the Spurs and Lakers back to back, AI gets shipped out for Chauncey...and then they have K-Mart/Nene together for a full season which is why the Nuggets were so successful that season.  

This season, Melo has indeed cut down his mid-range attempts...but let's not act like there isn't a reason for that.  His entire career in Denver, George Karl hated for Melo to shoot the 3 ball.  Taking a step or two in was considered "a higher percentage shot".  In Denver he never shot more than 2 3point attempts a game.  In NY, he's averaging 5 a game.  That is a major part of his game...his range is outstanding.  Now that the 3 ball is a major part of his threat, defenses don't know what to do.  Do we rush out to the 3 to contest?  If we do, he'll blow by you and go to the rack.  If we play off him, he'll pop the 3 in your eye.  And if he posts up, and you send a double, he finally has shooters to kick it to.  There is a MAJOR difference between kicking the ball out of a double team to JR, Kidd, Novak, Felton, Sheed, and kicking the ball out to JR, Andre Miller, Anthony Carter, Yakhouba Diawara, Eduardo Najera.  Also, with D'Antoni...he didn't get post ups like he should.  Now he does.  

Deny it all you want to, but facts are facts.  NY management did a wonderful job this season.  Bottom line...the big difference in Melo this season is, he now has a coach that allows him to play to this STRENGTHS, and he has teammates that help to accentuate those same strengths as well.  

What are you talking about?  :lol:

The Nuggets management didn't do all that they needed to do, to make them a success, which is why he left.  At the beginning of his career, there were no 3 point shooters.  Teams would load up on Melo, and no one else could score the ball.  They didn't have another player who could create off the dribble until they traded for JR, and he lived in George Karl's doghouse.  

In 2004-2005, his only 3 point shooter from the season before (Voshon Leonard) was out for the season with a torn achilles. So instead, he got to drive and kick to Greg Butler, Dermarr Johnson, and Eduardo Najera  :x
From 2004-2008, Melo's starting PF (Nene) played 136 games out of 328.  He played 17 games total in the 05-06 and 07-08 seasons.
From 2005-2007, K-Mart played 129 games out of 246.  
They let Camby go before the 08-09 season, and lack of size/rebounding is the main reason they lost to the Lakers in the WCF that year.   2008-2009 was the season where they best built themselves around Melo, and everyone was healthy.  And that is why they had results.  

The AI/Melo combination never got a fair shot due to injuries.  The first year AI arrived, K-Mart missed the whole season.  AI's second year in Denver, Nene missed the whole season.  They get beat by the Spurs and Lakers back to back, AI gets shipped out for Chauncey...and then they have K-Mart/Nene together for a full season which is why the Nuggets were so successful that season.  

This season, Melo has indeed cut down his mid-range attempts...but let's not act like there isn't a reason for that.  His entire career in Denver, George Karl hated for Melo to shoot the 3 ball.  Taking a step or two in was considered "a higher percentage shot".  In Denver he never shot more than 2 3point attempts a game.  In NY, he's averaging 5 a game.  That is a major part of his game...his range is outstanding.  Now that the 3 ball is a major part of his threat, defenses don't know what to do.  Do we rush out to the 3 to contest?  If we do, he'll blow by you and go to the rack.  If we play off him, he'll pop the 3 in your eye.  And if he posts up, and you send a double, he finally has shooters to kick it to.  There is a MAJOR difference between kicking the ball out of a double team to JR, Kidd, Novak, Felton, Sheed, and kicking the ball out to JR, Andre Miller, Anthony Carter, Yakhouba Diawara, Eduardo Najera.  Also, with D'Antoni...he didn't get post ups like he should.  Now he does.  

Deny it all you want to, but facts are facts.  NY management did a wonderful job this season.  Bottom line...the big difference in Melo this season is, he now has a coach that allows him to play to this STRENGTHS, and he has teammates that help to accentuate those same strengths as well.  

So he is playing different and I am correct?

Dude I don't care what reasons you want to come up with, I have said that melo is playing different than he did in Denver, shooting less mid range jumpers, playing closer the the basket and everyone starts saying im crazy i don't watch the games blah blah blah, so am I right or am I wrong?

I will agree to disagree on the reasons and I will agree to disagree on your analysis on denver.

same dudes that fell for the Jeremy Lin hype train and get blinded by Kobe's volume scoring.
This is what I don't understand though, how are you always ragging on Kobe for being a volume scorer and then singing the praises of Melo and Iverson at the same time? You know Kobe is a more efficient scorer than both of them, right? If Kobe is a volume scorer, what does that make those other two?

same dudes that fell for the Jeremy Lin hype train and get blinded by Kobe's volume scoring.

This is what I don't understand though, how are you always ragging on Kobe for being a volume scorer and then singing the praises of Melo and Iverson at the same time? You know Kobe is a more efficient scorer than both of them, right? If Kobe is a volume scorer, what does that make those other two?

Because I believe they are more or less in the same boat talent wise and Kobe gets overrated because of the great teams he was on. And Kobe's not a more efficient scorer than Melo BTW.

I'm not putting those two over Kobe (he's better than both IMO), I just think its laughable to compare him to players like Hakeem, Magic, Bird, Kareem etc..

But this a discussion for another thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom