Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Melo is not top 10 but im glad hes on my team. better than what more than half the teams in the league have. no?

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

So we gonna act like Tony Parker isnt having a MVP type performance?
where the hell would you have Tony Parker in a top 10 list? this thread aint about the MVP race
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Melo is what he was 5 years ago. Nothing has changed at all. And I am not sure if he was ever "Top 10." Well I guess at one point he could have been the clear cut choice as the #2 SF but that is dead now.

DCAllAmerican wrote:
DT43 wrote:
Beware The Underdog wrote:
So we gonna act like Tony Parker isnt having a MVP type performance?
where the hell would you have Tony Parker in a top 10 list? this thread aint about the MVP race

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Melo is what he was 5 years ago. Nothing has changed at all. And I am not sure if he was ever "Top 10." Well I guess at one point he could have been the clear cut choice as the #2 SF but that is dead now.

Nah, Melo is clearly having his worst season and he's in the perfect position and on the perfect stage for everyone to pile on. He's been injured, but now I think his confidence is shot. I have no doubt he'll bounce back. He's a career 46% shooter shooting 39% this season. Something's gotta give. 
As for "5 years ago," I don't think he's even close to that level offensively (FG%):

06-07 FG% 0.476

07-08 FG% 0.492

11-12 FG% 0.399

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

His FG% has literally dropped 10% from 4 seasons ago. He had surgery this off season, but it's just hard to watch him struggle offensively when he used to be so efficient and fluid. He looks like he trying to think his offensive game through.  He'll bounce back. I just hope they can keep this core unit of players together. 

He is still what he has always been. His numbers being down this year doesn't change my opinion of him. 5 years ago he was a trigger happy player that offered little to nothing outside of scoring. He is still that player this year but since his numbers are down and he is in the face of that NY Media people are starting to get fed up with it. Same dude he has always been.

I am looking at his skills and not his production. Same dude.

People saying they think Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings Kyrie Irving and Blake Griffin are better than Melo ? LOL. Demarcus Cousins and Marc Gasol ?! LOL!

Melo is overrated (said this about a month ago in the Knicks thread and it didnt go over too well) but some of ya'll are reaching on your lists
laugh.gif

Remember dudes use to say Carmelo was always better than Bron...the things people will say sometimes.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

He is still what he has always been. His numbers being down this year doesn't change my opinion of him. 5 years ago he was a trigger happy player that offered little to nothing outside of scoring. He is still that player this year but since his numbers are down and he is in the face of that NY Media people are starting to get fed up with it. Same dude he has always been.

How do you feel about Kevin Durant's game? Statistically, they've matched up pretty well. 

You guys forget this is a short season right with no REAL prep time? Melo will return to who we know him as

Originally Posted by Lubu1

You guys forget this is a short season right with no REAL prep time? Melo will return to who we know him as

So, what's the excuse for the guys who ARE putting in work? 

I swear, the excuses some of yall come up with for this man are
laugh.gif

You have to remember, he has a son now so he can't spend as much time practicing because he has to do the daddy/husband thing around the house.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Lubu1

So, what's the excuse for the guys who ARE putting in work? 

I swear, the excuses some of yall come up with for this man are
laugh.gif
Those dudes was training off season, Carmelo not so much. I have no doubts bro. You guys acting like he fell off already at age 27 LOL

hes gonna have his best season after the olympics because he is going to be forced to be well conditioned and in shape. no time for slacking off getting blazed and eating munchies

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

You have to remember, he has a son now so he can't spend as much time practicing because he has to do the daddy/husband thing around the house.

This.

Plus he has to walk a huggggee flight of steps to get to his car before the game starts, because of how tall these NYC buildings are.

He's usually tired before the game starts. He has it harder than a lot of other NBA players.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

How do you feel about Kevin Durant's game? Statistically, they've matched up pretty well. 

Well, let's see: Durant won the scoring title the last two years, which melo has never done, while shooting a better percentage. He's also a leader, a smart player, and a winner. He doesn't make players around him worse or frustrate his coaches. So yeah, that's the difference between a B-class 'star' and one of the best players in the league.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

This.

Plus he has to walk a huggggee flight of steps to get to his car before the game starts, because of how tall these NYC buildings are.

He's usually tired before the game starts. He has it harder than a lot of other NBA players.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

This.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 I love NT. You guys crack me up.

This.

roll.gif

Scientific Method wrote:

This.

Well damn.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Interesting to see Bynum cracking a few of you guys lists now.

Two different players. Melo is more of a power player offensively and Durant is, for the most part, a jump shooter. Not saying Durant can't score in other ways but when I THINK of Durant I picture him shooting jumpers. When I think of Melo I think of jab step, jab step,  jab step,  jab step,  jab step,  jab step,  jab step,  midrange. Or post up, drop step, bucket.
Melo passes the ball when he wants to but he is just a ball stopper. I really hate those type of players.

So I guess I like KD. I would rather have him on my team if I were a fantasy basketball coach

Originally Posted by 10027

Well, let's see: Durant won the scoring title the last two years, which melo has never done, while shooting a better percentage. He's also a leader, a smart player, and a winner. He doesn't make players around him worse or frustrate his coaches. So yeah, that's the difference between a B-class 'star' and one of the best players in the league.
I normally don't respond to nonsense, but:
Scoring titles mean nothing. Melo once average 28 ppg in a season where Kobe happened to averaged more. What does a scoring title really do in the long run?

Career #s

Durant  FG% .467 Carmelo .455

PPG 26.1 Carmelo 24.5

Assists 2.8 Carmelo 3.1

Rebs 6.6 Carmelo 6.3

FT% .878 Carmelo .805

You're not saying anything with the "leader, smart player, winner" crap. Melo was always the leader on the floor for the Nuggets and he's never had a losing season or missed the playoffs in the west. He's has multiple 50-win seasons regardless of player changes. He even co-existed with Allen Iverson with no on-court issues. He was a key part of USA Basketball's "Redeem Team" in '08. He went to the WCF in '09. He had surgeries for the first time in his career  on his knee and elbow last May and he hasn't looked the same since. It's been a hectic season, but now it looks more like a confidence issue. It's clearly his worst season offensively, so of course it's easy to pile on now. How a person can wait until he's having far and away his worst season and then say "this is who he always was" is beyond me. 

People have been hating on Melo and then looking to Durant as some anti-Melo to look up to, even though the numbers tell the true story. Even when Melo signed his 5-yr/$80M contract when D-Wade and Lebron signed 3-yr deals, nothing was said. When Durant signed his 5-yr deal he was praised as "loyal." SMH. I guess... 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Melo will be back. 

Back
Top Bottom