Is Carmelo Anthony Still Top 10? *Seriously??* 4/8/12

Why wasn't this made last year or the year before? We have to wait to he has the worst season of his career to question this.

Right now he might not even top 10 in his division but let's see what happens if he makes the playoffs

Melo has been the Most Overrated and most importantly the Most Overpaid player since Rashard Lewis. This guy really thinks he's a top 5 player as well, thats what really irks me.
He's not even top 15 in my book, Ive said multiple times on this board that I'd rather have Rudy Gay any day.

I get hated on, especially by Knick fans for saying this. Guess people confuse realism with being a "hater". I'm a Knicks fan, always have and always will. Doesn't mean I have to be a Melo fan because he puts on the Jersey. Players come and go.

^ That's respectable. I had a friend who really hated Lebron since he came to the league and knew he was a scumbag all along...nobody agreed and he got hated on...then became the most agreeable person around.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Melo has been the Most Overrated and most importantly the Most Overpaid player since Rashard Lewis. This guy really thinks he's a top 5 player as well, thats what really irks me.
He's not even top 15 in my book, Ive said multiple times on this board that I'd rather have Rudy Gay any day.

I get hated on, especially by Knick fans for saying this. Guess people confuse realism with being a "hater". I'm a Knicks fan, always have and always will. Doesn't mean I have to be a Melo fan because he puts on the Jersey. Players come and go.

Lol.

[h3]Carmelo Can't Explain Scoring Drought[/h3]
Mar 25, 2012 10:59 AM EDT

Anthony_Carmelo_nyk_120207.jpg

Carmelo Anthony is averaging a career-low 20 points per game on 39.9 percent shooting.

I wish I had an answer,

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Bron
Kobe

Durant

Dwight

DWill

Rose

Love

Wade

Dirk

Westbrook

Bynum

Blake

CP3

Parker

Aldridge

Not even top 15.

Rondo
Gay

Josh Smith

Duncan

Gasol

Might not even be top 20. 
grin.gif

Cousins
 Mark Gasol

Z-Bo

Nash

Bosh

laugh.gif
Evans
Fredette
Thornton
I.Thomas
Thompson
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I know, I know
30t6p3b.gif
at myself

Originally Posted by RounDaWay

The funny thing is..Durant and Melo were actually on the same level as recently as a year ago. KD just does everything Melo has done a year or 2 faster and with SLIGHTlY efficiency. Aside from passing and rebounding. KD>>Melo in 2012. This year however, KD has taken his game to another level that Melo has never seen, while Melo has regressed due to a combo of injuries/being fat. Let's not sit here and act like this guy wasn't a top 8 player as recently as 2011. Now though..he's far from the top 10

Sn: Lamarcus Aldridge is overated. Idk how guys hate Chris bosh, and love Aldridge when LA is doing what bosh did in 2010 lol
pimp.gif

He is a volume scorer, to best effective he needs a lot of shots. With the knicks he just isn't getting enough touches to even out all of his shots.

Originally Posted by trimane24

He is a volume scorer, to best effective he needs a lot of shots. With the knicks he just isn't getting enough touches to even out all of his shots.
Exactly.
laugh.gif
 This is like the third thread in a row I been in where someone said the exact thing I was gonna say, right before I post. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by trimane24

Exactly.
laugh.gif
 This is like the third thread in a row I been in where someone said the exact thing I was gonna say, right before I post. 

Melo takes about 18 shots a game so i dont know how this is relevant

Volume scorer is the worst term ever. Anybody in the NBA 8th who gets enough chances to take shots will score 20 ppg.

If you are labeled a volume scorer, you are inefficient and overrated.

Melo taking ~20 shots per game, dude is a clown.

i never and i mean NEVER seen melo as  franchise player. he's a glorified overrated starter with a cool nickname 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

i never and i mean NEVER seen melo as  franchise player. he's a glorified overrated starter with a cool nickname 
pimp.gif
This. Melo is a good player, but he aint EVER been top ten, at least not since he's reached the NBA. He's a scorer, nothing more. He's never been worthy of being called a franchise player. Denver messed him up imo, they made him think he was that man y'all thought he was, this made any chances of him ever developing into a leader, or a franchise player, or even a winner almost non existent. He could've been an actual elite dude, but he never developed into being anything more than a role player. A damn good scoring option, nothing more nothing less. 

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

pimp.gif
This. Melo is a good player, but he aint EVER been top ten, at least not since he's reached the NBA. He's a scorer, nothing more. He's never been worthy of being called a franchise player. Denver messed him up imo, they made him think he was that man y'all thought he was, this made any chances of him ever developing into a leader, or a franchise player, or even a winner almost non existent. He could've been an actual elite dude, but he never developed into being anything more than a role player. A damn good scoring option, nothing more nothing less. 

+1

he was never given structure in DEN and was allowed to go out there and just do what ever he wanted.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at "volume scorer"

Originally Posted by zmoney3

what do you mean "still top 10"
This is what i've always thought.
When he was traded to NY last year and people were saying he was a top 5 player I was like 
eek.gif
.  What kind of drugs were those people on?

he's in the worst slump of his career, cant wait till he gets out of it though smh.

The Melo we all once knew is top 10 easy, right now he's top 20 AT BEST. I'll wait to see how he does in the playoffs before I agree with most of these replies.

Comparing him to Rashard Lewis though?!?!?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

he's in the worst slump of his career, cant wait till he gets out of it though smh.

The Melo we all once knew is top 10 easy, right now he's top 20 AT BEST. I'll wait to see how he does in the playoffs before I agree with most of these replies.

Comparing him to Rashard Lewis though?!?!?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Top 10 what though? Scorer? Cause dude was NEVER anything more than that. There has never been less then 10 people in the league who weren't better players than Melo. 

He is still capable of being in the Top 10 players discussion.

He's obviously struggling right now, because he's hurt.

This will be a bumped thread in a month or so with a "
laugh.gif
"

Watch.

Back
Top Bottom