Is Clinton Portis the most Overlooked back in the league?

Numbers are usually among the league's best at his position despite the fact that teams were/would usually stack the box against him but yet somehow hegets overlooked by guys who have only had one, maybe two good years in the league. Why is that?

He's as consistent as you can get (save that one year when he was injured)....he has a chance to finish in the top 10 ALL TIME in rushing yards....Idon't think he's overlooked one bit. The amazing things is, he's only 27....although he has a lot of wear on his body.

overlooked? why? he's the best blocking back in the league and consistently puts up numbers even with a bunch of o-line scrubs.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Define overlooked.

For Example , being put behind guys like deangelo williams or michael turner who have had one great year each and hes put up numbers consistantly each year ofhis career besides the one he was injured.

Originally Posted by DrJDoc26

Didn't he go to the pro-bowl last season?

Up until week 9ish, everybody on the ******** was a pro bowl bound.
laugh.gif

i don't think so, everyone gives Portis his props.

make a "Top 5 RBs" thread, no one will post a list without Portis (except for the salty NFC East fans)

OP, are you from the Nova/DC area and if so what part? I'm just asking because that's where I live and there has been graffiti on my mailbox that says,"Your Papi Chulo was here" for the past couple of years. Would be weird to find the perpetrator on NT.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

OP, are you from the Nova/DC area and if so what part? I'm just asking because that's where I live and there has been graffiti on my mailbox that says, "Your Papi Chulo was here" for the past couple of years. Would be weird to find the perpetrator on NT.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

OP, are you from the Nova/DC area and if so what part? I'm just asking because that's where I live and there has been graffiti on my mailbox that says, "Your Papi Chulo was here" for the past couple of years. Would be weird to find the perpetrator on NT.
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyways, I don't think Portis is really overlooked. He is definitely one of the most consistent backs in the league and usually gets his props.

laugh.gif
@ the mailbox incident.

I think CP is underlooked. Somebody make a thread as stated, list the top 5 RB's in the game, and I think we'll be surprised..

I wouldn't say he's overlooked, if anything I would say he's SOMEWHAT overrated, but to each is own. He's a very good back,but at the same time outside of those Denver years, I really don't think he was a Top 3 RB in the league. Some folks can make a case for him being a Top 3RB in the league and they maybe have legit arguments but at the same time, you would have to make a clear case in order to prove that point. For some folks,you really don't have to PROVE that point if you know what I mean.

5am6oody72 wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@$#?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
That was completely random.

But anyway, Portis isn't overlooked...at least to me.

roll.gif

So, I mean, what would you do if it was him...?
nerd.gif

You know you've been thinking, "Man, if I knew who did this..."
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom