Is Clinton Portis the most Overlooked back in the league?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So, I mean, what would you do if it was him...?
nerd.gif
Run a 4.3 40 back home.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

OP, are you from the Nova/DC area and if so what part? I'm just asking because that's where I live and there has been graffiti on my mailbox that says, "Your Papi Chulo was here" for the past couple of years. Would be weird to find the perpetrator on NT.
laugh.gif
nope thats not me bro i live in woodbridge va

overlooked?
hell no
real nfl fans know the impact cp26 can have in a game.
underrated... maybe

I was thinking about this Monday night while looking at the Ravens vs Jets. Portis in my mind is very underrated. I never hear his name in the best back convo.Gives my Eagles fits.

I don't think so...He gets love everywhere...I just wish another back would step up so he could stay healthy and then he maybe a top 3 RB

Portis is one of those guys that ALWAYS is up there at the end of the year in terms of production with the elite backs.

Hoever, he never has that one year where he goes for 1,700 yards and 15 TD's or any of that, he just over and over and over goes 1,200-1,300 with 10 tubsand 4-5 other guys each year have monster years. This causes Portis to be somewhat overlooked.

When it's all said and done, and he's top 10 in rushing all time, maybe close to 100 TD's, good reciever outta the backfield, good blocker, stayedhealthy most of his career, he could be on the fence for hall of fame even though he'll never have been a 1A or 1B type NFL back in his career.
I'd say he's a step down from a guy like Thurman Thomas. Thurman was also always overlooked with guys like Emmitt and Barry and even seasons fromOkoye or Barry Foster that overshadowed what Thomas did.

portis is definetely one of the best backs in the league and he is very consistent however he hasnt really "wowed" me since his denver days

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

OP, are you from the Nova/DC area and if so what part? I'm just asking because that's where I live and there has been graffiti on my mailbox that says, "Your Papi Chulo was here" for the past couple of years. Would be weird to find the perpetrator on NT.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
....but yeah Clinton Portis is very underrated and overlooked

Back
Top Bottom