Is Darren McFadden a bust?

I don't know what to think about DMC, aside from the SD game in week 1 and the 2008 game at the chiefs he has been quite the dissapointment IMO.
What are your thoughts?

Until he gets on a team with an offensive line and a mentally stable coach, I dont think we can say.

Originally Posted by 18key

Until he gets on a team with an offensive line and a mentally stable coach, I dont think we can say.
QFT. Cable is an idiot/ psycho and the o line is god awful.

If jamarcus and DHB are busts, why isn't mcfadden?
jamarcus & DHB both play for the same team w/o an o-line and w/o a stable coach.

He is.

When you're falling down five yards into your run because you were just grazed by someone, you are a bust.

DHB isn't. He's a rookie. Jamarcus is because he doesnt care, cant throw, and makes god awful decisions.

At least that's how I see it.

if you actually watched this team you would know he has no chance to even get most runs started because of the line while jamarcus and dhb just look likeidiots out there.

No, he will be really good, if he had a line. But they have possibly the worst line in football. That run game actually could be scary good but that line isjust so %%+*@@$ bad.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

if you actually watched this team you would know he has no chance to even get most runs started because of the line.
tired.gif
we can only hope the return of gallery does wonders forour o-line.
mad.gif
the run game wast THE ONE THING that I had faith in during thepreseason.
ohwell.gif

Its looking like it.Most running backs you can tell if they got it right away but Thomas Jones was a bust before the Bears. So you never can tell.

not yet, but certainly he hasn't lived up to the hype, but a lot of that has to do with the team.

Somebody PLEASE explain to me why individuals need to be labeled as a bust or not so early in their career????? This is getting absurd.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Somebody PLEASE explain to me why individuals need to be labeled as a bust or not so early in their career????? This is getting absurd.
smh.gif
He's been injured both years he's been in the league.
This is getting ridiculous.
tired.gif

smh.gif

Because they are getting paid more than veterans who have proved themselves.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

smh.gif

So thats THEIR fault??

Thats an absolutely awful argument and please dont even make a case for that.

smh.gif

So thats THEIR fault??

I know its not their fault but money dont lie.

Tyler Thigpen and JaMarcus Russell can have similar production but youd pissed with JaMarcus because hes getting paid millions of dollars. its smple logic. Youwant a return on your investment. If every rookie got paid the minium for like 3 years, you wont feel as used when the guy is a bust like Ryan Leaf, AkillSmith, Tim Couch etc and walks off with more money than Tom Brady did for his first 5 years.

smh.gif

So thats THEIR fault??

The fact that DMC hasn't shown a glimmer of hope this season is reason enough to draw the conclusion that he is at least on pace to being abust as of right now.
He is projected to have 260 yds this season.
sick.gif

I loved him coming out, I still think hes going to be great. He has the size along with his explosiveness. I wish he had him instead of Gholston

smh.gif

So thats THEIR fault??

I know its not their fault but money dont lie.

Tyler Thigpen and JaMarcus Russell can have similar production but youd pissed with JaMarcus because hes getting paid millions of dollars. its smple logic. You want a return on your investment. If every rookie got paid the minium for like 3 years, you wont feel as used when the guy is a bust like Ryan Leaf, Akill Smith, Tim Couch etc and walks off with more money than Tom Brady did for his first 5 years.

You cant say that you know its not their fault then claim that the money dont lie. Thats a contradiction.

It might seem like simple logic, but theres no correlation. Just because one players rookie contract is more than another player's does not qualify him asa bust. Thats ridiclous to even think that.

You dont care about the return on your investment because its not your investment. Whether or not you think a player is bust has nothing to do with the moneythey make. Youre not paying him. (Dont give me this "im a fan, im indirectly paying him" stuff. That doesnt work)

Money is NO factor in determining a rookie bust.

The fact that DMC hasn't shown a glimmer of hope this season is reason enough to draw the conclusion that he is at least on pace to being a bust as of right now.
He is projected to have 260 yds this season.
sick.gif

Yupppppp, this MUST mean he's a bust.
eyes.gif
smh.gif

People always want an immediate return with their teams players and are incredibly quick to judge. Its unfair.

Back
Top Bottom