Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

No, I have no stake in this argument. I had no idea though, I just thought the incredibly annoying style of typing was too similar to be a coincidence.

you cant really compare rap now with rap ages ago. yeah i do believe that earl at 16 can rap better than most rappers at 16. as of now earl is my top 5 just because his style is my favorite. just like camron at his time.

times have changed, rap has gotten more complex. just like comparing a classic camaro ss from the 80's to the new camaro ss now. or the integra type r in the 90's to the common civic si made now.

sure the classic camaro ss from the 80's and integra type r from the 90's are both classic cars and performed waaaay better than cars in that generation. but now times have changed and the newer cars can perform waaay better than those classics. but the older camaros are better in some peoples eyes just because of the fact that its a CLASSIC. just like people compare nas with earl. people are afraid of the new and dont wanna accept the fact that people nowadays are getting better. sure nas was amazing at his time, but he is also a classic and thats what holds people back from saying that any rapper is better than him.

you cant really compare rap now with rap ages ago. yeah i do believe that earl at 16 can rap better than most rappers at 16. as of now earl is my top 5 just because his style is my favorite. just like camron at his time.

times have changed, rap has gotten more complex. just like comparing a classic camaro ss from the 80's to the new camaro ss now. or the integra type r in the 90's to the common civic si made now.

sure the classic camaro ss from the 80's and integra type r from the 90's are both classic cars and performed waaaay better than cars in that generation. but now times have changed and the newer cars can perform waaay better than those classics. but the older camaros are better in some peoples eyes just because of the fact that its a CLASSIC. just like people compare nas with earl. people are afraid of the new and dont wanna accept the fact that people nowadays are getting better. sure nas was amazing at his time, but he is also a classic and thats what holds people back from saying that any rapper is better than him.

yes biggie, nas, big l, pac, em and whoever else was a legend is still amazing to me now. but ive gotten over it. listening to the same legendary albums over and over again without them coming through with anything new thats as good as their first couple of albums, gets old. gza's liquid swords was hard as %+@+ but listening to that +*!$ over and over again gets boring. then when protools came out, +*!$ got boring again. we need rappers like earl who come in new and are reliable enough to make albums that are entertaining

yes biggie, nas, big l, pac, em and whoever else was a legend is still amazing to me now. but ive gotten over it. listening to the same legendary albums over and over again without them coming through with anything new thats as good as their first couple of albums, gets old. gza's liquid swords was hard as %+@+ but listening to that +*!$ over and over again gets boring. then when protools came out, +*!$ got boring again. we need rappers like earl who come in new and are reliable enough to make albums that are entertaining

Originally Posted by filipin0y

I see the analogy in this but the truth of the matter is its false when it comes to music.... Not @$+!+% literary terms....... Music. Nas made illmatic, he made IWW, he JUST made a damn near classic album last year. Now you take a kid who is 16, doesnt have not one album out and a handful of songs and compare him too a legend... People aren't scared of new talent they just aren't cosigning asinine statements
Lupe Fiasco, Joe Budden,  Llloyd Banks, Fab all guys who are from this era who i think can go bar for bar with any of the legendary rappers of the past. Now would i go and say well i think Fab is better than nas....... NO because it sounds Dumb!!!... How am i gonna call someone a better rapper when they have yet to surpass illmatic (an album that came out two decades ago)...... Earl isnt making anything close musically to what Nas is making Now
roll.gif
. what is so difficult about this concept??

Originally Posted by filipin0y

I see the analogy in this but the truth of the matter is its false when it comes to music.... Not @$+!+% literary terms....... Music. Nas made illmatic, he made IWW, he JUST made a damn near classic album last year. Now you take a kid who is 16, doesnt have not one album out and a handful of songs and compare him too a legend... People aren't scared of new talent they just aren't cosigning asinine statements
Lupe Fiasco, Joe Budden,  Llloyd Banks, Fab all guys who are from this era who i think can go bar for bar with any of the legendary rappers of the past. Now would i go and say well i think Fab is better than nas....... NO because it sounds Dumb!!!... How am i gonna call someone a better rapper when they have yet to surpass illmatic (an album that came out two decades ago)...... Earl isnt making anything close musically to what Nas is making Now
roll.gif
. what is so difficult about this concept??

larrydavidswag, i dont feel like reading your past posts.. but can you please summarize who you think earl is better than?

larrydavidswag, i dont feel like reading your past posts.. but can you please summarize who you think earl is better than?

WARNING: JOJO SIMMONS IS IN THIS VIDEO. PLEASE SKIP HIS "FREESTYLE" AT ALL COST

I believe this video is relavent to LDS' argument.

diggy juxtaposed alongside his father showcases theprogression of rap from a technical standpoint.

WARNING: JOJO SIMMONS IS IN THIS VIDEO. PLEASE SKIP HIS "FREESTYLE" AT ALL COST

I believe this video is relavent to LDS' argument.

diggy juxtaposed alongside his father showcases theprogression of rap from a technical standpoint.

(thought i was crystal clear, guess not. it isnt MY fault you guys don't know what "technique" means when it refers to literature)

When talking about literature no one refers to "technique." What you're talking about would be called "style." Trying to sound intelligent but failing.

(thought i was crystal clear, guess not. it isnt MY fault you guys don't know what "technique" means when it refers to literature)

When talking about literature no one refers to "technique." What you're talking about would be called "style." Trying to sound intelligent but failing.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Yeah those guys are trash, don't see what the hype is about

Nas, Shyhiem, and Prodigy were light years better than Earl Sweatshirt at the same age

cause nas and prodigy were recording at 16....
eyes.gif

Actually yes. "Juvenile Hell" was made when Prodigy was 16. But have fun D-Riding these garbage rappers
pimp.gif

Yo real talk? In '01 when I was copping albums and mixtapes from this dude for $4-5 he refused to sell me juvenile hell saying that it was trash. Because of that I never even bothered listening to it.

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

Yeah those guys are trash, don't see what the hype is about

Nas, Shyhiem, and Prodigy were light years better than Earl Sweatshirt at the same age

cause nas and prodigy were recording at 16....
eyes.gif

Actually yes. "Juvenile Hell" was made when Prodigy was 16. But have fun D-Riding these garbage rappers
pimp.gif

Yo real talk? In '01 when I was copping albums and mixtapes from this dude for $4-5 he refused to sell me juvenile hell saying that it was trash. Because of that I never even bothered listening to it.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

roll.gif
, okay, winner.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NOONE DOES IT

roll.gif

STYLE, ITS CALLED,

roll.gif

dude is still stuck up on thinking because someone is a better pure rapper they're a better artist overall....

canibus is a pure rapper who sucks as an artist

soulja boy is a horrible pure rapper who is dope as an artist

go listen to JR Writer's 6 min freestyle on hot 97

nobody in the 80s or even 90s could fathom that. that's progression of rap. JR Writer is dope, but is he even in the top 20 rappers ever? no.

can he literally outrap big? yes, obviously....

is he better than big as a rapper? no, obviously....

if he was out in 91, spitting the same way, would any of us even know who nas is?

exactly.

Illmatic isnt the end all be all to rap, its nas' greatest achievement, but nas is a +%#*#+% loser. (i like it was written better)

LOL the classic cars argument is good but the bob cousy analogy was wack?
eyes.gif

and i take back what i said about Big L....he was so ahead of his time his parents STILL havent met yet...

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

roll.gif
, okay, winner.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NOONE DOES IT

roll.gif

STYLE, ITS CALLED,

roll.gif

dude is still stuck up on thinking because someone is a better pure rapper they're a better artist overall....

canibus is a pure rapper who sucks as an artist

soulja boy is a horrible pure rapper who is dope as an artist

go listen to JR Writer's 6 min freestyle on hot 97

nobody in the 80s or even 90s could fathom that. that's progression of rap. JR Writer is dope, but is he even in the top 20 rappers ever? no.

can he literally outrap big? yes, obviously....

is he better than big as a rapper? no, obviously....

if he was out in 91, spitting the same way, would any of us even know who nas is?

exactly.

Illmatic isnt the end all be all to rap, its nas' greatest achievement, but nas is a +%#*#+% loser. (i like it was written better)

LOL the classic cars argument is good but the bob cousy analogy was wack?
eyes.gif

and i take back what i said about Big L....he was so ahead of his time his parents STILL havent met yet...

Back
Top Bottom