Is ebay authentication legit?

D

Deleted member 225493

Just wondering if its good to buy from there.

A6CE3ECA-9A52-4AC7-B5B3-C89D1AA58C18.gif

I have been out of the sneaker game for almost 10 years i have heard a mixed bag about it.

It's no more or less legit than anything else out there that has an authentication process. I personally have never had a problem with eBay. If fact I would suggest it over anything else.
Really? Dude at my work was like I would never buy shoes from ebay, and people on youtube seem to be a mixed bag

Unless it's from a retail chain, I will never buy from a stock picture. With eBay, you at least get an opportunity to see exactly what your getting. Other after market sites are full of everyone's sift through pairs after they mix and match. It's just my opinion though. I have never bought from stock x or goat. But I have heard enough stories to want to stay away from them. Overall, I have trust for ebay . Purchased several pairs from them.

Really? Dude at my work was like I would never buy shoes from ebay, and people on youtube seem to be a mixed bag
I think people on YouTube love to trash things for clicks.

I think the reality of it is all services can be prone to human error when fakes are done really well. I'm pretty new in this game myself. I'm in the middle of my first eBay experience with a pair of Jordan 3 Fire Red I'm waiting on to be delivered. At least with eBay you should be able to see pictures of the exact shoe you are buying. No other service can offer that.

Agree with everything JRepp23 JRepp23 said.

eBay > anywhere else.

As he said, you can see the actual pair you'll be getting. Request pictures from the seller of the actual pair you'd be getting if they have multiple sizes listed and only 1 pair pictured.

You can also take those pictures and ask for legit checks here on NT as a second opinion, in addition to the eBay authentication process.

Ive bought from stockx, goat, and ebay. I will say though that ebays packaging is great. The shipping box they use is solid like a brick so your shoes should arrive alot more safely than the most retailers and resell stores.

Agree with everything JRepp23 JRepp23 said.

eBay > anywhere else.

As he said, you can see the actual pair you'll be getting. Request pictures from the seller of the actual pair you'd be getting if they have multiple sizes listed and only 1 pair pictured.

You can also take those pictures and ask for legit checks here on NT as a second opinion, in addition to the eBay authentication process.
This is the pair im looking at if anyone can legit check it.

Being able to see photos is huge to me.

But being able to communicate directly with the seller may be even bigger.

You can determine a lot about the trustworthiness of someone based on how they respond or don’t respond to questions. And I‘ve been able to get some some pretty good deals on shoes by negotiating with sellers in a conversational manner.

And eBay‘s customer service may be flawed, but overall I’ve never had a situation not get resolved when dealing with them.

I’ve used eBay for buying and selling since 2005. It’s pretty much my only go-to place for sneakers. Haven’t had any issues with their Authenticity Guarantee yet. Like others have mentioned, you get to see what you’re buying and can always request for more pics.

I’ve used eBay for buying and selling since 2005. It’s pretty much my only go-to place for sneakers. Haven’t had any issues with their Authenticity Guarantee yet. Like others have mentioned, you get to see what you’re buying and can always request for more pics.
True. Yet theres so many fakes out there idk

I think people on YouTube love to trash things for clicks.

Youtube, IG, Reddit, most social media are all full of counterfeit manufacturers and counterfeit apologists eager to discredit the concept of authenticity. They will say anything they can to make it seem like authentication is unreliable in order to make their fakes seem like the better option.

You’re naive if you don’t think this is going on. I know for a fact the mods on the replica subreddits are active 24/7 and quick to delete any comment remotely critical of fakes. I’ve said before that’s the main reason I even joined NT. Fortunately there’s slightly less Chinese propaganda in here lol

Back
Top Bottom