Is it harder to make the NFL than the NBA ?

Harder to make the NBA, but I think once you made it, its easier to stay in the league than it is to stay in the NFL

The fact that there's kickers and punters negates any argument for the NFL.

And I'm sure if there weren't an age limit, there would have been a few 18-year-olds in the NFL by now.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

The fact that there's kickers and punters negates any argument for the NFL.

And I'm sure if there weren't an age limit, there would have been a few 18-year-olds in the NFL by now.
/thread

It is definitely tougher to make it to the NBA. There are two rounds in an NBA draft so there are 60 picks. We all know that not every pick makes the roster,so less than 60 players per draft make the NBA per year (approximately...not including NBDL, non drafted free agents, etc). Then you have to account forinternational players that make the competition even tougher.

The NFL has seven drafts, way more roster spots, and doesn't have international competition. Just by looking at the numbers, I don't really think acase can be made for the NFL being easier.

I know they barely qualify as NFL players, but if you just started kicking a football when you were a little kid and builtyour legs up, you could be a placekicker easily in the league...

Do the math...

Average Height NFL - 6.1.5''

Average Height NBA - 6'7''

Averge Height American Male - 5'10''

Thus, the average Joe has a far better chance of playing professionally in the NFL.

Also, the NBA has 450 rosters spots, while the NFL has a little less than 1,700.

The NFL is easier.
Theres not as much skill involved with football. Pretty much pure athleticism. For basketball you have to be athletic and have skill. Its harder to crosssomeone up and put a ball in a little circle from 25 feet then to grab a ball hold on to and run. Or not letting someone get by you, or running after someoneand taking them down.
Theres more spots in the NFL too.

Yea there's no skill in playin football...

smh.gif

And koolbarbone, there aint a 18 year old on earth who could play n survive in the nfl. Dead that.

I can't say which one is harder to make for sure, but some of y'all are bringing up some dumb #*$ arguments.

You CAN'T be just athletic and make it to the NFL.

You CAN be just athletic, and make it to the NBA.

Originally Posted by Handsome Hustler

I can't say which one is harder to make for sure, but some of y'all are bringing up some dumb #*$ arguments.

roll.gif
Oh the irony.

Originally Posted by atlballa15

Also, the NBA has 450 rosters spots, while the NFL has a little less than 1,700.

/thread

also taking into account that the only places that produce nfl players are american colleges, while nba players come from those same american colleges plushundreds of teams in obscure places all over the world.

has nothing to do with skill or anything, it's just supply and demand.

roll.gif
Oh the irony.
What skill does Johan Petro have?

Why are you comparing roster spots, when the GAME of football calls for 22 people on the field at a time, as opposed to the NBA which onlyrequires 10? That automatically make for more people. That doesn't necessarily make it easier to make.

It's hard as #@*# to make either.

roll.gif
Oh the irony.
you're right. guys like james white get drafted because they have sick jumpshots and ball control

roll.gif
Oh the irony.
What skill does Johan Petro have?

Why are you comparing roster spots, when the GAME of football calls for 22 people on the field at a time, as opposed to the NBA which only requires 10? That automatically make for more people. That doesn't necessarily make it easier to make.

It's hard as #@*# to make either.
While Johan Petro is relatively unskilled for an NBA player, he does have decent footwork and coordination for a man of his height and size. ManyO-Linemen in the NFL possess less skill than Petro. Plus, he is a special case, in that his height is the main reason he made the NBA. I'd venture to saythat he is the exception with regards to the league as a whole.

If there are more roster spots, more people can make it, so every individual has a greater chance of doing so (albeit it very small). I think the betterquestion is how does that not make it easier?

Really? How much skill does it take to grab and hold on to a ball and Run with it or run down the field and catch it. I guess it would suck getting hit by ahuge *+! dude but really just hit the weights and youll be fine. Anyone can get more muscle.

With basketball you gotta do something with the ball at all times not just hold on to it.
Not to mention you score by walking over a white line in football.

Do you have any idea how long it takes for you to be able to shoot a ball with consistancy good enough to make it into the NBA?
If an NBA player is practicing it would be considered and off day if they dont shoot 70% from the 3 point line, 80 % from mid range, 90% from the free throwline and 99.9% from down low.

EDIT : And to gunna im willing to bet Eric Snow and Coby Karl can do everything that i just stated.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Basketball by faaaar. Euros, south americans, africans, etc all play. Good tall athletes are rarer too. Workout warriors have a chance to play football, basketball players need sooooo much skill.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The elite athletes in the NBA have a ton of skill. However, when you look at the tail end of the roster,
grin.gif

Too many
smh.gif
quotables in this thread.

While Johan Petro is relatively unskilled for an NBA player, he does have decent footwork and coordination for a man of his height and size. Many O-Linemen in the NFL possess less skill than Petro. Plus, he is a special case, in that his height is the main reason he made the NBA. I'd venture to say that he is the exception with regards to the league as a whole.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
, EXIT LEFT!

You don't know what they hell you are talking about, we get it you laced up your kicks and played basketball, but never put on pads. There is no otherexplanations for the ignorance in this comment. Offensive Linemen are so underrated it's not even funny. If you think they don't have skills,footwork and coordination,
eek.gif
and
laugh.gif

Yea ur rite just hit the weightroom and u can make an nfl squad.
I'll pay for your gym membership for a year and let u practice "running and catching" and see u even sniff a ncaa DIAA roster
laugh.gif
all u need ismuscle.

Is this what fans really think?
Do yall really sit n watch some sports and say, "if I had did 20 more push ups a nite, I coulda made the league"

laugh.gif

Yoooo its hard as #%*% to make any league but u show ur true ignorance by saying #%*% like, "how hard is it to run with a football"

Like u don't need to do anything else
smh.gif

And NBA is maaaaad politics, the fact coby karl was even the 12th man on a roster shows u that.
Dude is burger buns and held down a roster spot on the LA Lakers
laugh.gif

NFL is atrition, eventually that 53rdman is gonna have to get out there n play either on special teams or due to injury. U'll never ever see coby karlgettin any run, even if its 6 healthy guys left on the team

And I'm not bashin NBA. Dudes got it hard, but They can hide alotta sorry cats on roster spot 10-12. Jsut outta fear of injury most nfl starters don'tplay special teams so them bench dudes on active nfl rosters aint "hidin" they playin a good 20% of he game

i love the nba but this is kinda true. see darius miles,stromile swift,tyrus thomas,etc.

Less people in the league, needing to be at least a certain height, and having to compete against not just american players but players globally make it harderto get into the nba of course. In the NFL if you dont play your position well, there are other positions that the coaches can put you in. I cant believe someof you fail into grasping that the nba is much difficult to get into

Back
Top Bottom