Is it harder to make the NFL than the NBA ?

Dudes be delivering beer and having regular jobs for years then go make the NFL and produce even.

That NEVER happens in the NBA

The Quarterback of a Super Bowl team and two time NFL MVP was worked at a grocery store as a grown man I mean come on.

How is this even a debate?

There are a lot of people in here who must have never played football according to the idiotic $*$% you guys are saying

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

I'd say football is easier. I good athlete with no football instincts would have an easier time making the NFL than a good athlete with no basketball
instincts making the NBA.

It is the other way around. A good athlete with no football instincts will get a shot, at tryout. The Raiders stopped signing Olympic Sprinters in the 90's,
laugh.gif

Name a good athlete with no football instincts that gets playing time in the NFL?

On the other hand, a good athlete with no basketball instincts is starting for one of the best teams in the NBA....Ben Wallace. I like Ben Wallace, he is a gifted athlete, but his basketball skills are minimal to say the least. No offensive game whatsoever. I shouldn't say no basketball instincts, more like minimal.

I could name bums on every NBA roster, serious bums, not I'm just being FR3SH and hating "bums".

Deangelo Hall

If you combined the NBDL and top Euro leagues with the NBA then it might almost be fair but pro basketball is way harder to be a part of than football.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I'd say football is easier. I good athlete with no football instincts would have an easier time making the NFL than a good athlete with no basketball
instincts making the NBA.

It is the other way around. A good athlete with no football instincts will get a shot, at tryout. The Raiders stopped signing Olympic Sprinters in the 90's,
laugh.gif

Name a good athlete with no football instincts that gets playing time in the NFL?

On the other hand, a good athlete with no basketball instincts is starting for one of the best teams in the NBA....Ben Wallace. I like Ben Wallace, he is a gifted athlete, but his basketball skills are minimal to say the least. No offensive game whatsoever. I shouldn't say no basketball instincts, more like minimal.

I could name bums on every NBA roster, serious bums, not I'm just being FR3SH and hating "bums".

Deangelo Hall
I'd like to add Donte Stallworth to that list.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Basketball by faaaar. Euros, south americans, africans, etc all play. Good tall athletes are rarer too. Workout warriors have a chance to play football, basketball players need sooooo much skill.

BINGO!!!!!

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by atlballa15

Handsome Hustler wrote:

I can't say which one is harder to make for sure, but some of y'all are bringing up some dumb #*$ arguments.

You CAN'T be just athletic and make it to the NFL.

You CAN be just athletic, and make it to the NBA.
roll.gif
Oh the irony.
you're right. guys like james white get drafted because they have sick jumpshots and ball control

You have got to be kidding me. NFL players are often reduced to numbers of their athletic abilities, 40 yard time and what not. This is just not the case inthe NBA. Wasn't there a track & field star athlete who was invited to a workout with an NFL team a couple of years ago? I'm guessing it wasn'tbecause of his "skills".

As mentioned, there are about 3-4 times more roster spots in the NFL than the NBA and much less competition on a global scale. The NBA scouts scan the entireworld for talents, that American guys who want to make in to the NBA have to compete with, whereas in football, it's all about American colleges.

Plus, a lot of the NBA positions, you have to be born with a certain height to play them, whereas the NFL is more weight than height based. You can gain weightif you work on it, you can't gain height when you want.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

MLB
nerd.gif
Foreal, hitting a baseball that's going 95 mph is no joke.

I'd really like to hear an argument about which of the 3 major sports is the hardest to get into.

nfl is easier
i dont want to get into it and end up blurting something making football seem easy cause its not. those are some of the most physically gifted athletes on theplanet

but more people hooping + less roster spots=harder to make the nba

Both are equally hard..but some of you clowning on NFL kickers pfft. It aint easy. None of the positions on the football field are easy. Linemen and DefensiveTackles are athletic as hell for their size. Dudes are fast for 300+ lbs. Some of em run mid 4s.

Making the NBA is harder.

Dudes can go from grocery baggers and movers to NFL relevancy.
laugh.gif

In the NBA, most of them dudes have been THE guy since day one...and in many cases, that still doesn't matter in the end.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by SrxKrooklyn

I've played with kids who are projected to go to the NFL that I think are decent at best.
But I also know a few guys who have balled out in high school in basketball, but are stuck at D3 schools.
D3 players are not great players, no matter how they "balled out" in high school.
Not as many chances to play basketball in Florida. Take whats given. D1 basketball programs rarely look here for talent.

Dudes be delivering beer and having regular jobs for years then go make the NFL and produce even.

That NEVER happens in the NBA

i don't see any beer delivery guys, or grocery stockboys making the nba.

to add to the sheer stupidity of these remarks.
john starks was that guy for the NBA .....
and I m sure there are more.

aint no football player ever been just a "beer man or stock boy or braggin groceries" they all played football at some point before the NFL. the sameway John Starks did the NBA
damn, to support your favorite sports yall will say some dumb $%%% about the other just to try and make yours look better

laugh.gif
%*%+ outta here
roll.gif
Yall reduced to just sayin silly %!$$.
laugh.gif
D Hall has no football insincts
smh.gif
jesus christ.

i would say its harder to make the nfl simply because up until a few yrs ago somebody could go straight from h.s. to the leauge. if a dude tried to go fromh.s. to the nfl well....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

the stupidity in this thread is astounding
Keep it going, though...I need something to keep me entertained at work today.

I cant believe this went 5 pages....

Like I said before, this shouldnt even be a discussion

You obviously need to realize theres skill needed in both sports. Just one more then the other.
And im saying that you need more skill in the Nba that goes along with athleticism, then the amount of skill need with your athleticism.
This may sound ignorant but its not.
You need more skill running as fast as you can dribbling through the legs behind the back stopping on a dime and shooting then running avoiding defenders andcrossing a white line.

And its been stated before.
the NBA is a global sport where as the NFL is just USA.
The whole world getting into ONE league with 12 spots is harder then ONE country getting into ONE league with 52 spots.
If you dont comprehend that your an idiot.

You know this convo is over when there are numerous NBA players who could play in the NFL.
Iverson, Lebron, Shaq, Dwight Howard, Stoudamire. Those are 5 people who i could name off the top of my head that would be efficent. There are more who wouldbe medicore.

The NFL has tony gonazales, antoino gates, and randy moss. Thats all i can think of.
If they played a game in the NBA theyd get held to 0 points and 15 turnovers no doubt

You know this convo is over when there are numerous NBA players who could play in the NFL.
Iverson, Lebron, Shaq, Dwight Howard, Stoudamire.
Those are 5 people who i could name off the top of my head that would be efficent. There are more who would be medicore.

who told u that lie?

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

laugh.gif
%*%+ outta here
roll.gif
Yall reduced to just sayin silly %!$$.
laugh.gif
D Hall has no football insincts
smh.gif
jesus christ.

*cough* Desean "I'd rather not score, but i'll still celebrate" Jackson *cough*
pimp.gif

I don't even really understand this football instincts thing either... Look at Vince Young, boy is dumb as rocks, does he have "footballinstincts"?
Of course he does, all these guys have been playing this sport since forever, you don't make the NFL having no idea what you're doing*

*Kickers and Punters might be an exception, there are quite a few soccer players who could become punters/kickers (i.e. Roberto Carlos circa 2001-2)

Back
Top Bottom