Is it just me or does Kobe seem hella corny??

He's the best hooper on the planet no doubt and one of my favorite players, but seriously from just watching his inverviews and seeing video of him withother players he just seems so corny to me...like sometimes I think he says or does things that he thinks is funny and everyone else kind just goes along withit or laughs cuz i mean its kobe...

Even that gun stuff he was doing last night was corny...and I know wat yall are thinkin...I'm just salty cuz he gave my nuggets work and maybe I am alittle...but even be4 that I thought he was corny..maybe its cuz he grew up in italy or somethin....but idk...I could give more examples but I figure some ofyall know what I'm talking about..

you sir ARE

product_137_closeup.jpg

Just cause son aint thugged out with tats all over (ie, melo, ai, or jr smith) and isn't deep in the 'streets' doesn't mean he's corny. hejust seems like a chill dude to me.

He's a different kind of dude. Look at that jacket he wore last night.

I think bottom line that he probably has a problem relating to people. He's not a bad guy, he's not a dumb guy, he's just sort of an awkward guyin social situations.

Add in the fact that I think he tries to please too many people and his critics and half of NT by saying what he thinks they want him to say, or acting street,or acting thoughtful. Serious, if I have to hear about "the journey" one more damn time I'm going to start muting his interviews.
mad.gif

I think the guy is genuinely (sp?) funny.

Corny and Kobe just don't go, and I'm a Melo fan.

When your the best basketball player in the world, you can be corny as hell, and nobody around him will give a care.

It's just that after the rape incident Kobe is very conscious of what he says in the press and interviews.

I don't care if u think he's corny.

I don't care much about the guy off the court.

You shouldn't either.

/thread

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

DoubleJs07: Please change that avy...its killing me every time I see it
laugh.gif

I'm hoping this avy will help reverse the Wizards fortunes
laugh.gif
....I'm keeping it until after we get swept, I mean win the series.

Yes Kobe is corny he is from a rich family, he grew up early, he was a loner, and he lived in Italy for a while. He's my favorite player ever but even Iknow dude ain't the coolest cat. I probably wouldn't chill with him.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I don't care if u think he's corny.

I don't care much about the guy off the court.

You shouldn't either.

/thread

lol why do people on NT always comeback withe "i dont care what you think response"? nobody is askin if u do care wat i think

He's been a lame since 1995 when we were introduced to him.

He's an incredible player though. And for me, that over weighs it

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

laugh.gif

He hangs with Ronny Turiaf in his spare time.

What's wrong with that? At least you know you aren't going to get a gun pulled on you at a strip club when you go out with Ronny.

You could say he is corny, but compared to 90% of other athletes, I would take corny.
laugh.gif

I think basketball was and is his only friend. It will be interesting to see what he does with his time after he retires. I doubt he'd make for goodpersonel or a coach. He'll probably move to Italy and play there til he's 60.

Originally Posted by CP1708

He's a different kind of dude. Look at that jacket he wore last night.

haha. I had the same reaction when I saw the tape from the postgame presser. The red tie can't cover up that loud jacket.

I don't see him being as corny. But i do see the fact that when he's around other players, they give him the charity laugh. Maybe it was busting outshaq, saying shaq paid his women to stay quite, that made him less sociable to some.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

its because hes more like a rich snobby white kid than a hardcore black dude

When oh when will we learn that skin color has nothing to do with being rich and snobby nor hardcore?
I'm getting a Jello pudding pop. Anyone wantme to bring back Bill Cosby?

Back
Top Bottom