Is it just me...Or has society is becoming more sensitive as the years pass?

Perhaps it's only because I'm still young (Graduating HS this year), but I just feel as if society is just soft right about now.

It's almost as if you can't have a difference in opinion without the other person feeling offended. Recently, I would get into a discussion about different topics with people, I'd speak my piece, and it was as if I shot their mom by how offended they would get (No, I didn't say anything reckless, or offensive, they would just get mad.)

It's like everybody has to agree with everything so that nobody has to feel insecure. That because an idea is common among people, it is right. And it aint always like that.

another problem I face is the fact that everybody gotta act like they love one another. I walk into school everyday seeing friends of mine interact with others and joke with them like they are buddies, but when they walk away from one another, problems come up. And when I ask why don't they just not affiliate with them, they're just like "well that would look bad"
indifferent.gif
what part of the game is that??

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, what do ya'll think?

Kids are too soft

Beat your kids people, if they wanna call the police hand them the phone. Too many disrespectful children nowadays
smh.gif

Yes, 9/11 changed a lot of things. Cartoons (for example) used to be more adult oriented, they used to take risks. Now the censors are all over it and you cant do anything slightly discriminative.

Originally Posted by J23S

Kids are too soft

Beat your kids people, if they wanna call the police hand them the phone. Too many disrespectful children nowadays
smh.gif

my daughter gets it daily i dont put up with no back talk or bs

it's this whole internet youtube/blog thing.. people all of the sudden swear their feelings need to be addressed. 
grin.gif

also, IDK what happened to this generation of kids.. when i was in 6th grade, my friends and i listened to 2pac, etc.. couldn't wait to smash, swore we were all grown 
laugh.gif

now i see HIGHSCHOOL kids playing with pokemon cards & listening to Justin Beiber? +*% is that? 
tired.gif

some people can't handle the truth... honesty is the best policy and i stick by that

realtalk

Originally Posted by proper english

it's this whole internet youtube/blog thing.. people all of the sudden swear their feelings need to be addressed. 
grin.gif

QFT, and people are out looking for reasons to be offended as well.

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

Kids are too soft

smh.gif
pimp.gif
gotta get em while theyre young

Kids are too soft

smh.gif
pimp.gif

One of my mom's friends kids pulled the cop card and she still got her %!# whooped, when the police took her she was crying and begging her mom to get her back.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Kids are too soft

smh.gif
pimp.gif

One of my mom's friends kids pulled the cop card and she still got her %!# whooped, when the police took her she was crying and begging her mom to get her back.
Children use it out of context, a whooping for wrong doing is NOT abuse its discipline. Police shouldn't be able to arrest parents for that
smh.gif

Theres a difference between hit and abuse.
Hitting is fine
Abuse is
smh.gif

But I agree, i was working the other day, and i was cashiering...these little kids were at another empty cash register trying to open it.
I didn't want to say anything because they looked like the parents that baby their kids, but my manager asked the kids not to touch the register, and not surprisingly the parents got offended saying her tone was too rash for their kids and caused a ruckus to our store manager...
indifferent.gif

The world is becoming more and more feminized by the minute. It is done on purpose. Just a method to get us all to pour more $ into the economy. As a result of the femiminzation of America, folks are just getting more soft in general. Again, it isn't done by accident.

It's not the kids, it's people having kids when they shouldn't. If you don't want to be someones parent for the rest of your life or take the time to actually be a parent & discipline your child from a young age telling them what's right from wrong, then you shouldn't have kids. Being a parent is a full time job, don't want to do it, then don't have kids.

grin.gif
I see it.

By not being hit as a form of discipline? I don't believe you need to hit a kid to keep them in line.
Hitting a kid seems like you're taking the easiest route possible to discipline.
Agreed. There is a lot a parent can do with intimidation and what they can take away that has nothing to do with laying hands but we won't get into that.
grin.gif

You lay hands on the wrong kind of kid for too long THEY will eventually snap back. It's only natural.

Yes and No... For the longest I've been thinking that society has been desensitized to death... All of these reality and tv shows (CSI's , First 48, etc) are like how they show you pictures of injured soldiers before they ship you off to war. Might be too many nights of taking blunts to the head, but I always wonder how different tv is now from just 15-20 years ago.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

grin.gif
I see it.

By not being hit as a form of discipline? I don't believe you need to hit a kid to keep them in line.
Hitting a kid seems like you're taking the easiest route possible to discipline.
Agreed. There is a lot a parent can do with intimidation and what they can take away that has nothing to do with laying hands but we won't get into that.
grin.gif

You lay hands on the wrong kind of kid for too long THEY will eventually snap back. It's only natural.

some of you boys in here must be single w/ no kids seriouslychildern dont have nor need to think they have any suthority to "hit back" are you crazy"spare the rod spoil the child"ppl whip your childern otherwise we will have a world full of soulja boys & nickki minaj's & i for one am not rasing a lil nickki M. i whoop my daughters +%% each & every time she gets out of line or does something she know she shouldnt ..........yeah im BLACK

grin.gif
I see it.

grin.gif

some of you boys in here must be single w/ no kids seriouslychildern dont have nor need to think they have any suthority to "hit back" are you crazy"spare the rod spoil the child"ppl whip your childern otherwise we will have a world full of soulja boys & nickki minaj's & i for one am not rasing a lil nickki M. i whoop my daughters +%% each & every time she gets out of line or does something she know she shouldnt ..........yeah im BLACK
Well you do what you need to do to teach your daughter her boundaries. I've seen kids snap back when beatings are abused and used in place of actually teaching a kid why they shouldn't do something. I wouldn't subscribe to that method but that's just me and yeah I'm black... and what?

Every subject nowadays is a touchy subject.  My American Government class cannot even have a civilized debate or conversation without 1 or 2 people (usually 1) getting mad. 

grin.gif
I see it.

grin.gif

Well you do what you need to do to teach your daughter her boundaries. I've seen kids snap back when beatings are abused and used in place of actually teaching a kid why they shouldn't do something. I wouldn't subscribe to that method but that's just me and yeah I'm black... and what?

i didnt say anything about beating anybody there's a fine line between discipline & beating & i never cross it...i love my lil girl & wouldnt hurt her whatsoever I just want her to know right from wrong & what she can & can't do...feel me bro... & if kids is snapping back @ parents & thier letting them get away with it those are some sorry %@@ parents...

i have been wondering the same exact thing. Everything anyone says is either racist or wrong and you have a bunch of people *****ing about it

In a way it becomes less sensitive, yet more sensitive at the same time. Like you said people are scared of looking bad in front of other for something they do or ay, but at the same time more things are becoming socially acceptable.

grin.gif
Yea that fuels it up a lot actually, and if you don't agree somethings wrong with you (even if your disagreement can be justified.)
i have been wondering the same exact thing. Everything anyone says iseither racist or wrong and you have a bunch of people %#@@$%^& about it
And they probably weren't even making a racist or wrong comment, but because their opinion differs from the majority's, it's viewed as wrong.

I'd have to say yes to a degree.In some cases,a backlash because of what someone said is completely justified though.As far as the "sub-topic" of spanking children goes,to the ones saying "there's other ways and methods of discipline"..............do you have children?

Back
Top Bottom